[D4] It is PAY FOR POWER as long as GAMBLING allows legendary drops

It will. BiS are legendary items. Rolls are not that important in Diablo 4.

They actually do tho. As the good players are the trailblazers during ladder/season/league resets. The items will always exist in their hands before rmt sites. Besides mythics at this moment can’t be traded. So the ONLY way to “buy” them would be buying gold and gamble for them. And I think it would be ridiculous to think that gambling a mythic would be anything sensible to expect. It will of course happen by luck but it would be hard for a rmt site to capitalize on that too much. As it may cost $10,000 in gold to even have a decent chance of a mythic.

That sounds like a very huge mistake for the developers to make after how D3 turned out. Hopefully they change that during continued development. Legendary should not instantly be BiS items and rolls should most definitely be important.

Not the GG items as I told you. RMT are slower than best players, but not that slower. They run multiple clusters of bots and can offer much gold to the whales just days after Season start.

For your logic to be right the best players has to own the GG gear by the first week in the Season and that won’t be the case, while the whale can spend $10k on gold and gamble with it and acquire the best gear.

That will be the case. That is always the case.

This is good decision from the developers. I wrote about this here defending their current itemization philosophy.

Not if gambling is fixed.

Well, no one likes their itemization so if the current itemization goes through you will have no one to argue with about trade/gambling. As itemization is really the big thing that is going to decide if people will even try this game.

Players miss the idea I spoke about in the post. Their itemization makes sense when you want to have strong meta game shifts on regular basis aka each Season.

The Diablo community is just not aware of this yet with many streamers making click baiting videos for profit.

PoE has way better itemization and they have 0 problems with meta shifts. And I’m not exactly for a company making their jobs easier at the detriment of their player base. That’s is exactly what the itemization does and that is exactly what restricting trade does.

They have huge problems indeed. Their meta game shifts are due to patches tuning different abilities and skills, not due to gameplay mechanics that are intended for each Diablo 4 Season.

What I am saying is this:

1. In PoE a new patch drops → Meta game shifts due to skills/gear tuning aka new builds are optimal → Very small number of builds ACTUALLY offer new GAMEPLAY aka what shifts is only the item farming and build priorities
  2. In Diablo 4 a new patch drops → Meta game shifts due to new mechanic aka new builds are optimal → A very BIG number of builds offer new GAMEPLAY aka what shifts is the whole INTERACTION of the player with the game

The Diablo 4 case is best achieved with their current itemization philosophy.

LOL, I am not sure if the OP is Trolling or working on his post count. He has made a thread about “what if” and getting people all whipped up into a frenzy over something that may or may not even be an issue. Entertainment that can only be provided by the Diablo 3 forums…lol.

It’s not “what if”, I have witnessed RMT in D2, D3 and PoE, and I am 100% sure if the mechanic in OP goes on release the RMT in D4 will be bigger than those in previous games.

You have these completely backwards.
PoE patch drops - You get new content, new skills, and meta shift from the adjusting of numbers as you say it (which is false) PoE has constantly added new mechanics to change the meta (just look at the melee and minion changes). How can you say there is no “new gameplay” when that is literally all poe does. Release new gameplay every 3 months. Even this new gameplay changes the meta as certain builds may be better for it than others.

D3 (I won’t say D4 because what we are talking about is D3 in D4) -
new patch drops and you get some things buffed some things nerfed. It is literally only a forced meta change from changing values on some sets and legendaries.
You also seem to be under the impression that everyone is against legendary affixes. That isn’t the case. Everyone is against the fact that legendary items are bis no matter what. Rares can’t compete. You can keep legendary affixes and still have it where rares outperform legendaries overall so you would want a mix of legendary and rare items.

Gameplay for me is new interaction with the game.

What PoE does is change the optimal active skills in the patch and the passives used that buff it, and it’s a release. A meta game shift has happened, true, but not a gameplay shift.

Actually, PoE has extremely bad gameplay due to their crap engine. PoE is just the king of efficiency min/maxing competitions atm, but nothing more. Gameplay wise there is more skill in GTA 2.

Then everyone should read my itemization related post and understand why he is wrong.

What if gambling with gold resembles D2 gambling?

You could spend there millions and millions and never get a legendary.

We have to see how they manage the rarity of items dropped / gambled and other uses of gold.

Yes, I added such suggestion in OP - gambling just for fun.

It’s classic power cycling where they just rotate the best set and everyone’s like “w-wow this set is really good now!” and everyone else just sighs. To make things even worse is that after establishing this they would go on to have multiple seasons where nothing changed for some classes.

I’m definitely against the way “Diablo” 3 did legendaries. I want Diablo style uniques where they have stats that normally can’t appear on items of the same type, they don’t have to be “Your X now does Y” or “Your X now actually deals damage” because then it feels weird to even use the spell unless you have all the ENABLING items.

I say put the whole “Legendary” nonsense in a skill tree for each spell and then you can heavily customize spells on a spell-by-spell basis and then you can let gear be gear and not just talent sticks

1 Like

what? PoE literally adds new content every 3 months? you keep saying “change the optimal active skills and passives that buff it”. you literally just described diablo 3 and just changed Diablo 3 for PoE. You are getting the 2 games confused. The only gameplay shifts D3 has done are the more recent seasons. Like the LoN and RoRG seasons.

PoE on the other hand. Completely redesigns a few classes every patch which completely changes their gameplay. They add new content which changes gameplay. New skills changes gameplay. And new skill mechanics changes gameplay.

But this has come down to PoE vs D3 and not my point.
The point is that you can make meta/gameplay shifts without focusing all of your itemization into a single tier of gear. Doing so definitely makes it “easier” on blizzard, but as a player it is not my concern what is easy on Blizzard. It is about what is fun. And the feeling that any item dropped has a chance of being good is way more fun.

I’m not going to read it, but I know you are wrong. At the core, Diablo is about finding loot. When you discount tiers of loot as automatically being worthless, that makes your game boring.

You won’t be the first one to think that lol. It takes time to make the Diablo community more knowledgeable. But we have time until release.

No, they add new content that changes the meta game, not the gameplay.

The gameplay is how you interact with the game through your skills. In aRPG games often times many skills lead to the same type of combat interaction be it melee, mid-ranged, long-ranged or aoe.

Gameplay in PoE is pretty much the same all the time, because it is a 2D game with bad engine. No matter what the optimal skill for the patch is the gameplay is still the same.

Diablo 4 has the intention to create new gameplay through impactful meta game shifts and this is best done when the legendary tier of items is the TOP TIER since you would have the possibility to min/max higher number of inventory slots.

Gameplay is way more broad than you think it is. By definition, adding new content is changing gameplay.

Well as soon as you said “Blizzard is doing x to make y easier” and you were okay with that even if “x” restricts gameplay, then it’s not something I can agree with.

Sorry, but from what you said earlier about PoE, that is completely impossible to do with legendary affixes. Legendary affixes only changes how a skill works. It doesn’t change the game play that the skill does damage and monsters die. It is all the same gameplay according to you. If you think otherwise then PoE adding completely NEW skills would be a gameplay change too.