[D4] If you think you can make a better game, now is your chance

1 Like

i hope it will be the right person
idk
its hard that every AAA title requires you to have a 5+ years experience in AAA titles
kinda a doom loop

5 Likes

Funny but the people that can make a better game are actually doing it. No work needed on my part I simply play those games when they come out.

1 Like

My personal concern is that they’re ALREADY looking for producers… WHY ?, why would a game in it’s supposed to be infancy stage already thinking about “public presentation”, why would they “produce” a product before it’s even in Alpha phase… ?

If they were seeking for devs, actors, animators, whatnot, I’d actually feel confident, but seeking for “production power” this early IMO is what I assume to be MOST LIKELY a greed-motivated mistake

Wish I was wrong on this one but seems like still didn’t learn from the past…

Just talked about this particular topic/issue in the other thread lol, apparently speaking of the devil, it just showed itself… :thinking:

Scrolled to requirements, and not a single word about “Knowing Diablo franchise”.

Agree that a game shouldn’t be judged before it’s released, but the way they’ve been neglecting having Diablo know-how for more than a decade gives sense to anticipating a shipwreck.

3 Likes

Now is your chance to put your application in and show everyone how it is done.

I just checked, they still have several other positions open for Diablo IV.

1 Like

True and those that can’t just talk about how it should be done on the forum.

2 Likes

Agreed. I have seen many posters here are claiming that it is easy to write software and programming, and know better than everyone when it comes to the Diablo game. So it is extremely weird that I heard nothing from them about applying for a job in D4 development until now. What is stopping them to do that?

This is a golden opportunity to make D4 a “true” Diablo game under their reign.

3 Likes

Some people believe that they are smarter than they really are.

You never will they are all talk no action. We have a few :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: on the forum I just try to avoid.

Don’t you just love the forum? So many people know so much about working at Blizzard.

4 Likes

Since it is a producer they are looking for, A-RPG experience doesn’t seem particularly important. That is more relevant for the designers and game director.

Heh. Anyone applying has likely played Diablo or similar games - otherwise, they wouldn’t be interested in producing them.

But think how silly it would look on that requirements page:

“Must have played certain games extensively that are 20 and 24 years old, respectively.”

Seriously. There are going to be people applying who are too young to have spent a decade playing D1 and D2.

1 Like

My prediction is, that the game will come out in late 2021 or Spring of 2022, sooner than players believe. Time will tell if I’m right.

Wasn’t that David Kim said that he has no experience with Diablo and he still gets into the D4 development team?

When he was talking to Rhykker he talked about playing D2.

Oh ok, then I must have remember it wrongly then.

It was hard to understand him because of all the noise in the background at Blizzcon.
They need to have the streamers in a different location away from the stage.

Some of Blizzards job postings does say stuff like that.
Often not as a requirement, but as pluses.

https://careers.blizzard.com/global/en/job/R002699/Senior-System-Designer-Diablo-IV

• Extensive experience developing or playing action RPG titles

https://careers.blizzard.com/global/en/job/R002370/Writer-Temp-Diablo-IV

• Knowledge and understanding of the Diablo universe.

https://careers.blizzard.com/global/en/job/R003118/Senior-Quest-Designer-Diablo-Immortal

• Expertise in Blizzard’s worlds and gameplay, specifically within the dark gothic stories and fantasy of Diablo
  • Strong familiarity with Diablo IP

etc.

2 Likes

If it comes out in 2021 I will buy you the game. Just remind me.

I will buy it for 3 people on the forum. Just ref this post, send me your email and it is yours.

2 Likes

… Then why are you judging pillars of businessmaking? Also why are you also judging knowledge of people you know nothing about?

There were job offers in Blizzard Careers page in the past that literally said “Knowledge of Diablo Franchise”. Sad that Wayback Machine doesn’t work with that web. It said that it was “appreciated”, so not mandatory.

After struggling because of not being able to understand the franchise, I would give that more importance in order to not repeat the same errors. Jay Wilson did a very good in depth study of the franchise (there’s a video somewhere with him showing a PowerPoint) and stil failed to understand it. Mosqueira made a Diablo game with standarized gear (???) revolving around some kind of racing and was perpetrating an over-the-shoulder D4 (what next? Tyrael driving a kart?). Thank God that he left, Jay at least was able to realize when did he mess it up and learn from it (so he learnt a lot). So to me understanding the franchise is key.

Summarizing, the removal of that sentence gives me very bad vibes.

EDIT: @shadout has done it better than me. From hist first link “extensive knowledge of Diablo games”

In that offer there’s even a more contundent sentence:

“The ideal candidate will have proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, extensive knowledge of Diablo games, and a longstanding passion for playing video games.”

1 Like