[D4] Footage incase you missed this one

The Tomb Lord looks good. All four classes together (for part of it).

4 Likes

Does anyone know what this player’s “E” button does here?

The icon looks like a ping? is it the button to mount maybe?

It’s looking great. I share Xeiom’s curiosity as to what the E key does. Probably mount. I will say it looks like the combat pace pearl clutches can stop clutching them pearls. Maxed out classes and it still looks pretty slow. Even the Assassin looks well paced with all three combat types.

Is this official gameplay or someone who has enhanced the original?

For the most part, combat pacing looks good. Also, it looks like the dodge stat is more effective here than the current iteration of Diablo 3.

Agreed. I especially liked the stone walls that he conjured. The fact that these walls can be damaged and destroyed makes it far better than the waller affix in Diablo 3. Not only that, but he can detonate the walls to damage nearby players! Seriously looks great imo.

To be clear. Combat mechanics both from monsters/bosses and players are amazing, smooth and more than i expected really. 11/10!

1 Like

The environments, especially the outdoor ones, look really good. The boss is neat, I just hope not every boss is going to be this massive overly animated character. Feels a bit D3 like. Waller I don’t normally want as an affix, but if it is just them, that is fine. Absolutely hate the pastel blue sphere around the sorceress. Never fun to not want to use a skill because of how overdone/cheesy it looks.

She looks to be level 40 so they appear to have really toned down the damage numbers from D3. Which they also stated in one of the Q&As that we would not see the crazy numbers in D4. I do not know what the E key does, I thought is had something to do with the map.

too bright, sadly…

Looks good, but am I the only one who doesn’t like the skill bar? The icons just looks so weird and out of place to me.

1 Like

It’s b-roll footage from the publicity pack, nothing we haven’t seen already.

The skill icons are ugly, I really hope they’re just placeholders.

So a few more things to note that many seemed to miss/ignore, the flash when attacking enemies doesn’t seem to be there or nearly as prominent as before. Only saw 2 skills using CDs, the rain of arrows and the shadow realm one. Everything else looked spammable and the rogue was continuously running low on resource unable to cast/spam abilities. While it was a limited look, movement to avoid stuff looks to be a rather big part as opposed to just standing around whacking away at even normal enemies. As well as mob density, I don’t recall seeing more than 10 at a time, maybe there was with those little enemies, but it didn’t look like the hordes of enemies like you saw in D3.

I remember complaints of the Rogue being too quick and flashy with the reveal, which duh, of course it looked really good on a showcase video, but in reality it doesn’t look any different than the other classes that much other than its probably more mobile.

I love em. I like the stained glass look of them. I like the stand out colors which make the really obvious what damage type they are. I think the whole UI is slick.

1 Like

Enjoyed the video, thanks Avalon.

I believe during the Q&A at blizzconline, they confirmed that players would have the option to turn off the flash effect that happens when attacking monsters.

From the video, the combat pacing looks great imo. Not too fast, not too slow, it’s just right for me. All in all, I’m certainly looking forward to the next quarterly update.

1 Like

Exactly this. :point_up_2: The more options the better.

I never liked the skill bar since the day it was shown. I don’t love the color, the fact that it is floating and you can see numbers and screen below it, etc. It is cluttered and not very cool looking. D2R’s looks way better.

1 Like

The colors is not necessarily bad, but do we really need them? How many people are going to be looking at their skill bar after 1 hour play with the class and think, “oh darn, which damage type does my second skill do again?” I mean really. It is like the incessant tips in games that remind you how to do something that is super obvious, even though you have done it 100000 times before and been playing for hours.

It’s not about that. It’s just nice to see it. You are just needlessly over thinking it.

You said, it makes it obvious what element it is. I just don’t love the look of it. Perhaps they would be fine if the rest of it was made differently. I think the mythril colored border with the stained glass multi-color skills, numbers, buttons, etc. all around with a floating overlay rather than one flush with the bottom, looks messy. I don’t like it and it is definitely one of my lest favorite UIs I have seen in an iso-ARPG to date. D2R being the best, followed by PoE. D3 bar is actually pretty decent too.