D4 End Game Beta Thread?

Blizzard is going after stupid people. I wonder how many of them were also crying to get in. Start at 20:00 :point_down:

I am sure they will not only get kicked out of the beta but will most likely never be invited into another one.

1 Like

Not sure why anyone would do that, unless they simply don’t care for their account. But then again, I shouldn’t be too surprised in all honesty.

1 Like

I do not know how the legal stuff works, can Blizzard go after them in court?

Maybe they could. But I can’t imagine they would. That would just be spending a lot of resources and money, for dubious gains.
Like with hackers and cheaters, the only realistic approach is a ban, unless someone is directly making money off Blizzards work (such as someone start selling D4 for private servers based on the beta…)

Are they youtubers who themselves were in the beta, or just talking about what others have leaked? The latter group is hardly doing anything that could or should result in a takedown.

Feedback is requested at multiple points in-game and there is also a method to report bugs and concerning content. I have not seen or heard about any closed forum or thread to interact directly with the beta community. If you have questions or concerns, you should reach out to Blizzard Support.

1 Like

Oh yes it has. They have been insta killing full twitch streams with account removal and I don’t know about the Bnet account, likely a ban.

2 Likes

ya blizzard picks some really good people on that xD

The most they would do is probably never get a beta again, but this is blizzard so probably nothing cause they need that free advertising from streamers and YouTubers.

i im playing the beta you can provide all the feedback from inside the game is reall amazing, cant teall you more

Like someone else asked, is this from people in the beta? I did a quick search so can’t really see if it is just someone sharing the leaks. Is there even a way to take action against someone like that? Even if they find your account, can they ban you for sharing information that you didn’t agree to not sharing?

O damn, that’s cool. I really like that they can go as far as getting twitch to screw them over since the idea of sharing the information is not just something I find incredibly stupid but also just a really crappy thing to do.

Sorry, but this is overreaching IMO

I have no issue if they ask other platforms/business to take the videos down, due to IP violation, or banning these people from Bnet, its their platform.

But Blizzard shouldn’t be able to tell Twitch (or youtube) to take someone account down. This kind of collussion is a slipply slope approching CCP social credit system.

2 Likes

Which is what they did. Don’t make it into more than it is. Sharing NDA protected information is an intellectual property violation.

1 Like

I am in agreement here. If that is only what they did, I will be 100% fine.

My issue is shutting down accounts (your words “Account removal”). Thats the overreaching part. I hope this is false information.

Thats like someone has the ability to demand the city to shut down a restaurant because they used his secret recipe he demand not to be used in their restaurant.

Demanding them not to use the recipe is fair, shutting restaurant down is overreaching, & IMO evil. The punishment cannot be worse than the crime, not to menation they shouldn’t be able to impose the punishment.

I hope that explain my position.

1 Like

I think with twitch, and keep in mind this is because twitch is rather heavy-handed when it comes to infractions of their policy not necessarily someone like blizzards, but twitch may take action against the user because they violated a term of their service by disclosing a protected property like a closed beta under an NDA. In other words blizzard notifies twitch that the user has a video that’s incorrect and while blizzard doesn’t get to tell twitch what to do twitch takes action in its own fashion. If that makes sense?

Twitch doesn’t put up with nonsense on accounts anymore and you can get banned on twitch for doing or saying the wrong thing it’s pretty easily.

So while I get what you’re saying, what’s actually happening is that twitch is taking action on its own accord not because of anything blizzard might have to say.

Think of it this way. You’re not allowed to display on twitch items in your stream that are copyrighted without possibly getting an account strike. You get caught you get an account strike or possibly even getting your screen shut down or your account even banned if you do a bad enough situation.

Game on.

1 Like

If they share pictures etc. they could probably get a copyright infringement warning or something stupid. Other companies have done that, even for released games.
But merely talking about the beta information? Hopefully that cant result in any kind of takedown. Though I guess it might depend on how corrupt Google/Amazon etc. are. (I guess that answers my own question…)

Surely only by the people who signed the NDA?
People are talking about potential leaks all the time on Youtube, both in gaming and in all other kinds of industries. I generally dont see those getting removed.
You cant copyright an idea, so talking about game features etc. presumably cant be protected either.
Of course, they cant show actual pictures etc. That might easily be IP violation.

Well, you have to agree to the NDA to be able to participate. And that NDA states what you can and can’t do. Which as I understand it, prohibits you from recording a video of the game, taking screen shots of the game, posting about the game good or bad on any forum or social media, even talking about the game to other people, or letting anyone view the game while you are playing, as well as selling a machine or account with access to the game, or any public viewing of the game play.

So… Its pretty steep and detailed it sounds like.

1 Like

Yes, specifically not talking about those under NDA.
If you talk about the game, and signed an NDA, you are a complete idiot. And also an untrustworthy liar. Whichever might be worse.

But streamers who did not sign any NDA, who decides to talk about the beta on their streams? They hardly seems to be breaking any laws. At worst, I guess one could argue they were morally wrong. Though it probably would be a hard case to make here (whereas talking about a game that was stolen, like GTA6, is in that territory imo)

It can be under NDA. Trust me as someone who has NDA from our clients & also imposes NDA on our partners.

However if someone under NDA leaked something & another without NDA, can they be legally accountable? Probably not, but the information may be taken down by the NDA owner provided it meet the requirements.

1 Like

If they are speculating and just talking about publicly known information that has come out in Dev blogs. Great.

If they are revealing information that is under NDA, even if it is not their NDA, they can still get a copyright strike. The person under NDA also has additional legal liability for company proprietary information.

This is what happens to an entire Twitch Channel for violating the copyright to D4 Beta information.

Imgur

Yes those can be copyrighted. The concepts, gameplay, game story, game assets, etc are all Blizzard’s. They are not to be discussed or transmitted.

2 Likes

Which is why the safest thing to do is to simply not talk about the contents of the beta.

Tell not a soul.
1 Like