D4 - Battle Pass - No Thanks, Not Buying

Speaking as a long time Blizzard game player, STOP TRYING TO NICKEL AND DIME ME and just sell me a complete game.

First, it was taking away the glorious Overwatch which I bought when it was released. You replace it with, surprise a microtransaction platform!

Now, the final nail in the coffin for the Diablo series is D4.

I will kindly skip this purchase. That is my TED talk, thank you for attending.

35 Likes

I’m more annoyed at the loss of the quick play classic community on that one.

Overwatch was a fun game to play drunk at 2 in the morning on a Friday night because the other people on there were pretty chill, despite the reputation that game’s community has.

Now I have nothing fun to play while drunk at 2 in the morning on a Friday night.

As for Diablo 4 yeah, not buying it was always an option.

I’m on the fence about it, but I’ll probably get it if stuff on WoW remains as expensive as it is and I can buy it with gold. I still wont get the battle pass either way.

1 Like

they sell you a complete game, it costs 70$ so… BUT, Blizzard learned for Diablo Immortal that they can SCAM players for lot and lot of money, so, they will sell P2W “battlepass” in D4 also. why not? they can!

BTW, next year seems that POE2 and LastEpoch also launch, so stay tunned.

8 Likes

What do you win from cosmetics?

The Battle Pass awards cosmetics. Like the Shop, these don’t affect gameplay. Additionally, certain cosmetic types are exclusive to the Battle Pass.

The Battle Pass awards Premium Currency. Players can spend this currency on cosmetics offered in the shop.

The Shop sells cosmetics for Premium Currency. Cosmetics give players even more options to customize the visual appearance of their characters. Nothing offered in the Shop grants a direct or indirect gameplay advantage. So, while many of these may look like powerful pieces of gear, they have no in-game stats.

9 Likes

It’s the case. If you think you need cosmetics to be better, it’s another story.

3 Likes

What if my real endgame is looking fabulous and not having the highest numbers?

10 Likes

I’m a fabulous WD with awesome cosmetics, so it’s not a real problem for me.

Hm, how much gold do you need to buy it? (I know, prices varies pr server)
Might have a goal to pursue in WoW then, Blizzard sure doesn’t deserve getting paid for D4 as it currently stands.

Yeah it sure is not pretty and very understandable that people are turned off.

Agreed.

I have ZERO interest in Battle Passes. Just give me the game I’m paying for.

While I blame Blizzard for monetizing idiot players, I’m also going to blame those idiot players for getting conned by such an obvious scam.

12 Likes

Believe it or not there was a time when you could just pay the $70 for the game that came with everything in it. No need to regularly pay for “bonus” content.

12 Likes

To be precise you get Battle Pass for free each season. So it does come with a game.

If you where talking about Premium battle pass that only includes cosmetic items that is a different story.

4 Likes

And than that game was not updated for years. With Diablo 4 we are going to get big updates each 3-4 months … for free.

When you say everything… What does that even mean?

If Blizzard can get money from people who care about cosmetics it is a great thing.
Free big updates every 3-4 months with no pay to win systems and without Blizzard selling power to anyone… You can hardly ask for better.

6 Likes

You say this as if it’s a bad thing.

It’s not.

4 Likes

Oh… it is really bad thing.

I dont play games for 10 hours and then unistall.

I play games for thousands of hours.
If game does not have a potential to be played that long it is probably not worh it for me.
And there need to be constant updates to make it fresh and interesting.

You think that adding new dungeons, endgame systems and so on is bad… Not sure what to tell you.

3 Likes

it’s not.

There was a time where we could play games for a few years without needing new fancy shiny things to grab our attention every 5 minutes.

I’m going to blame a generation of parents who were willing to dope up their kids with adderal and ritalin that we now have a generation of adults who suffer from amphetamine induced “adhd”.

3 Likes

This kind of games with that amount of content would not survive today.

You can’t survive as a developer if you are making huge game with lots of content for 10 years and not early any money from it.

I played Battlefield 2 for 10000 hours… That game was great in its own time. But it would not survive today without content updates.

It would do fine…

and more importantly, it would reset expectations, and hopefully as an added side effect, push games out of pop culture so that the muggles went back to not playing (and ruining) games.

Sounds like a win win to me.

1 Like

Maybe with offline game…

a game being online or offline has nothing to do with it.

2 Likes

Name me one online game that is 10 years old, that did not get updates and that is still alive after this 10 years.