[D4] -> ANYTHING but no wow magic system again

When I mean wow magic system, I mean for eg >

• Everything is learned by everyone at a specific level, like unlocking new weapons on cod, no trainers, research, reagents or tomes required.
  • Almost no skill on aiming, positioning, resource managing, etc; the unique thing that the game is about is managing cooldowns
  • ZERO or close to zero character individuality.
  • Power is almost 100% determined by gear. With no room to attributes, perma potions, charms, tomes, etc.
  • No concern about making the game lore in line with game mechanics

That is UNFORTUNATELY the norm of mmos. The unique exception is maybe EVE online with is a non magical, sci fi game… If you look to early 90s mmos, you had Ultima magic system from UO, vancian magical system on Dark Sun Online : Crimson Sands. On SP games, wow magic system is becoming UNFORTUNATELY the norm too. There are very few exceptions like the Souls franchise and pathfinder kingmaker.

On Dark Souls, if a random item description insinuate that maybe a boss is blind, you can use that information in your favor during the bossfight. That is how in line the lore and mechanics are on that game. Even the resurrection mechanic has a “curse of undeath” explanation. Besides DS, the unique game which allow the PC to come back and has an explanation that I remember is planescape torment.

Diablo 1/2 are not perfect in that regard, but are far better than D3.

Mainly D1. You had tomes, stats(and mag is useful, not useless like d2 energy), elixirs that gives attribute bonus and magical gear which enhances your attributes A LITTLE. You can do so much with magical gear in a RPG, procs, auras, resistances, situational abilities, affect everything, use the gear as a stat stickie that kills the character individuality is just the worst way to use magical gear. And D4 should get far away as possible as this type of itemization.

The loot can contain far more than just eqquipment. Can contain

• Eqquipment
  • Rare consumable ammo
  • Temporary stat boost potion
  • Permanent stat boost potion(mutagen)
  • Tomes
  • Food
10 Likes

Every time you post about WoW, it only reaffirms how little you know about the game.

As I’ve tried to tell you before, you really ought to stop trying to compare D3 to WoW.

11 Likes

If you move the camera to third person, you have exactly the wow arstyle and same type of gameplay. If this changes happened first to wow or d3, I honestly don’t know, but are awful on both games

1 Like

Why not stop telling people what they should do. Its a very Toxic behavior. If he wants to compare it to WOW then let him. That is his right.

2 Likes

Problem being he doesn’t know hardly anything about WoW, so his comparisons are often wrong.

4 Likes

I take issue with what you said, only because it insinuates that OP conversely knows anything about D3. He knows nothing about either title.

6 Likes

So what. Its not like these forums are really used for anything really. Outside of the normal select few that refuse to give up this out dated system. (isnt becoming out of touch fun)

He is not really wrong. Everything he has said in this post is true about WoW. Cant say about the rest. Its the main reason I couldn’t get into WoW even though I always keep an on going sub just in case.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. He should stick to copy/pasting links to other people’s threads.

1 Like

So your point is that this game, whose forums you post to, is dead, and therefore fools can flood said forum with chaff…

So stop coming here. Don’t come…and then say the game is dead. Leave its alleged corpse alone.

2 Likes

I’m not offended at all. It is typical of your generation to spin older people thinking you are a failure with claiming they are just “offended.” I feel you are a foolish and childish boy who comes to insult a game he spent his pennies on out of some edgelordy angst.

Except this is the sole place that developers view suggestions or take feedback. This is not Valve. So you sound like a fool, because OP’s thread is a suggestion, nit a discussion of the game.

You have confused what was being argued about the OP, logged in, and gave your unwanted opinion. These forums have 1 specific purpose. Begone now.

1 Like

Is that what you think? Ok wow you really are out of touch huh. I spent the past two days with with the devs on Twitter. Not here. This site is dead and some just have not accepted it.

Ever wonder why the top tier players are never here? Or the fact that the forums dont blow up right before the seasons with talks.

You clearly are out of touch .

You give your unwanted, un-needed and out of touch opinion all the time. Yet you want be left alone while you do this to others there hypocrite?

No matter how many times you say this, Victor, it won’t become true.

WoW is very much about positioning in dungeons and raids - if you aren’t positioned correctly more than a few times to avoid the various abilities, you’re probably gonna die.

Healers do this.

Wrong. WoW is largely about priority rotations - you hit the most effective ability you have for the given situation, whether it’s a cooldown or not.

This complaint has always been nonsense to me.

So what? So wrong is wrong, and spreading misinformation is bad.

Yes he is, no it isn’t.

Nah, it isn’t. The forums are relatively inactive compared to other places they loot, like reddit and social media.

3 Likes

Spreading misinformation? That argument can never be used by the majority of people. Why do you ask? Because they tend to pray to an invisable man in the sky or think the world is flat. Both misinformation.

No he is not. Every player learns all the same skills at the same time level.
It really doesnt take skill to aim in that game. (My 6yr old plays it when he is waiting on fornite)
There is no Character individuality. Sure they look different but stip away the cosmetics (the only real reason people play these days) and you have the same thing over and over again. A mage is a mage is a mage.

The game lore is a joke and plays very little in the game mechanics.

So no he is not really wrong here.

At least we both know the forums are pretty dead compared to the other options for dev interaction.

You’re not gonna convince anyone that the grass is purple.

Just quit it. Too much cringe.

You are not gonna convince anyone that you know what your talking about so just quit, Too much toxic.

While WoWs (and D3s) respec cost is definitely too low, there are differences between character builds. And in the upcoming WoW expansion, as it stands right now, it is going to take 1-2 weeks to respec one aspect of your character, which is quite significant.

Also, yes, you do have research/reagents/tomes requires for character progression in WoW. Everyone do not learn everything at the same time.

1 Like

Thats funny coming from you. But expected just like your name you cant come up with anything original. Dont you have a mid day nap to take? Come back when you find your personality.

Please my entire clan on WoW is already for the expansion with full printouts (old term for the dinos here) on what to change. We are expecting no less than 5 hours turn around. For those that play alot.

The Respec is a joke on both games. (was never a fan, but I simply dont use it) I think they should be removed completely. As it only goes to show people dont have to be committed to what they do.