[D4] Add FFA loot, please

That’s definitely an option. Yeah, as long as a person’s party shows such info before and after joining, then yeah, having it as an optional feature for dungeon running would be fine in that case.

But if it doesn’t have trading; doesn’t that mean Diablo 4 will auto-fail? (I’m joking ofc).

So much this!

On the other hand could said:
That some of the ploot fans just want to stay in a dungeon, maybe going afk and smoke a cigarette for some min., come back and farm the dropped loot.
We know it from d3 rift runs.

In my opinion fff (shared) loot is the better way. Or a mix of it.

U can have personal loot while farming solo dungeons. But when anybody wants to benefit from multiplayer u/me/we should pay for it a lil bit by sharing the rewards.

Of course cheater with pickit should be banned! I see many advantages in fff.

And d2 shows us that it works good since 20years.

Ploot should be range based.
If you are more than “a few screens” (adjustable based on D4s gameplay speed) away from a monster when it dies => No allocated loot for you.
And of course with timed allocation, even if you are in range, but are afk, the loot would turn FFA before you could grab it.

All the loot systems should be shared loot, in the sense of the amount that drops. Otherwise they would not be balanced.
FFA, Timed Allocation and Permanent allocation should all drop the same amount of loot.

That is quite debatable.

3 Likes

Got to play PoE and quit this forum

2 Likes

Let’s see if this makes sense. In a regular rift run, let’s say you wait in town and then enter after things are cleared. You get no loot form monster drops except the rift guardian. Ina regular rift run, lets say you enter and then AFK. You would not get any monster drops from subsequent floors.

In comparison, FFA loot game you get all uncollected monster drops even if you waited in town for an entire level to be cleared.

What :joy:

Anyway, no.

In general, why is it the D3 and D2R forums are competing on which can be the worst place.

Uncollected, being a significant word though :slight_smile:
Still, this seems fine, each loot system have their differences, pros and cons. Should be possible for them to co-exist.

That said, it would make sense to restrict FFA so you also couldnt pick up loot if you hadnt been nearby for the kill. So that restriction was the same across all the loot systems.

whats the difrance if i pick up item and drop it second after on ground? so why not to give an option to pass on some class of items lets say i dont want to deal with pickin up items at all i just want to kill fast and less waste time for speed or boost runs and other team mates can colect wht i dont need whts the logic behind ?

The range on pickup should prevent that imo.

If you want loot, you should be close to where the fight is happening.

Heck, in general, Blizzard should try to prevent boosting.

But yeah, in FFA and Timed Allocation you could have some people focusing on picking up the items, and others on figting. Fine with me, as long as the people picking up items remain close at all times.

1 Like

Excuse me, that is not exactly what my post is about.

My post is mapping why anti-ploot arguments (which are the second list) are not applying to ploot.
The first list are the arguments that we have established that show beneficial/non-harmful outcome of adding a ploot option.

The entire post is under the premise that ploot and FFA will coexist in D2R. It is in no way an argument to remove FFA.

You are of course free to draw your on conclusions from what was written and maybe add/remove from it.
But i dont want to be quoted under misleading assumptions.

2 Likes

Sorry, I did not mean to offend you, I will edit and correct my prevoious post…
For D2R I totally agree, that bouth should exist together.
For this D4 thread I wanted to use your post to stop that D2R-FFA-discussion taking over to burn in D4, since this discussion is way to deep right now and split the community way to much.

(At least the purists made me not buying a copy of D2R. The FFA-vs-Ploot discussion showed, how toxic the purists are and I decided to reuse my D2legacy version and play mods like Chaos Empire, “You gonna be kidding” and maybe stay for Median XL or Path of Diablo)

I will edit to not abuse your really good comment.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that.
If you change your mind, gimme a msg.
You can play with us if you want a decent group.

Does Chaos Empire have ploot? o.O

I reworked my post. I hope it is okay for you now.

No, but since Purists think I have to play Singelplayer, then I can choose any mod, to have more fun in my Singelplayer games. xD

Chaos Empire Server are very instable and most down (according to their discord). The mod main page even dont hosts the files anymore (but I still have those on CD xD ). They are playing other mods and working on a new one: Suizide.net

2 Likes

Do u mean my comment? I just said u can play solo if u want ploot. Like the most d2 player in d2 did for mf-runs. But for exp runs of course multiplayer is a better option. Solo play is not the same as singleplayer.

Other option for ploot is to find ingame friends and do mf runs with them. With clear rules, maybe the first 10runs is ur loot, the nxt ten runs your friends loot and so on.

I invite u too to play with me d2r.

Horrific idea that must be a troll post. Next

2 Likes

Look D4 doesn’t need to become a prettier D2R clone. So keep the idea of FFA loot in D2R not in D4.

3 Likes

Look D4 doesn’t need to become a prettier D3 clone. So keep the idea of ploot in D3 not in D4.

1 Like

@hkmaximus, D4 is a modern game not a game from the year 2000-2001. That is why FFA isn’t needed. Players are used to personal loot and it won’t make it anything near a clone of D3. Not as long as loot is not the end all be all of power. Which the devs IIRC said it will not be.

3 Likes

Yeah. It should go forward. No reason to stuck in 2010. It is time to discover some new mechanics, such as FFA loot. All new things are forgotten old things.

1 Like

Then why go backwards with FFA loot?

2 Likes

Even Father of Diablo moves forward. :sunglasses:

3 Likes