D3 will not launch - New install

I just installed the latest Nvidia graphics drivers, installed the game, ran the scan tool, installed the update from the scan, and still have issues with the game crashing. I click play and the D3 Reaper of Souls logo pops up and just gets stuck. If I click on that logo at any point, a black box appears behind it and then turns white with the “not responding” error message.

Do you have any Razer products? If yes, then read this support post: Known Technical Support Issues - [Updated June 21, 2020!]

A general troubleshooting support article:

I did start with that troubleshooting article and no, I do not own any Razer products and I do not have Chroma installed.

Also, when I check the Diablo III folder in documents, I do not see anything in there. I don’t imagine there would be hidden files, but I did check that as well just in case.

Normally, the game will create some files/folders there. If you don’t see the D3Prefs.txt file, that means the game hasn’t reached the point of file creation, or it has problem creating the files. Try running the launcher/game in administrator role: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/24075

Also, seems you haven’t tried the general troubleshooting steps (the blue link inside the box above). Try them as well, especially steps 1,2,3.

If the problem continues, please supply a DxDiag report. Paste the text between two “~~~” lines, like this:

~~~
paste report here
~~~