D3 PTR Feedback (General Multipliers)

Hello there D3 Devs.
I am very excited about the new seasonal theme, especially cause my favorite path in the game is LoD. So build customization is very important to me.
I am a little concerned with the next seasonal theme.
Most builds even for LoN use Specific Skill multipliers. Such Fist of Az’Turrasq.
And while I generally dont mind these I think the coming season is really more of a general purpose style seasonal affix.
While the seasonal theme is great, most classes suffer due to lack of options. People generally express disappointment about the seasonal theme, but really its the lack of added options that it should provide but dont.

Necromancer was the first and only class I could think of when you released the patch notes for the coming theme, and as we have seen, their general purpose weapons really propell them ahead of the curve. And I am concerned to see Necros return when really it should be the WD and Wizard that got some love on their builds.
WD is a great example of unfulfilled potential, they have so many items with amazing effects but are useless because of lack of multipliers. I would really love to see some attention added to add some minor multipliers to some items so they can become options in the cube.

The items dont even need to be very strong. Frostburn, Magefist, Cindercoat, mediocre items with mediocre effects that hardly carries any build, but are still sometimes considered for builds. If we could add a few more powers that are just a little stronger than these they might just add the diversity the theme would need and make some builds feel renewed.
I mean crusaders are using Pig Sticker… (???)
While I appreciate such (trashy) items in the meta, I think the game is too powercrept for such items to still see play, it just feels bad to equip such items when everything else you are wearing has some kind of overpowered effect on it.
You could add some necromancer-like multipliers for other classes too. Like “Flying Dragon” for monks. Not good for every build, but atleast it adds a little to every build untill you get your BiS.

I realize adding these items with no balance in mind would just be powercreeping the game further, but I would hope that with doing this you could tone down some of the more OP items.
As I am writing this I see how you wont be able to do this for the deadline of the season (probably). But I hope you keep this in mind for the next season atleast.

Also:
Please tone down Singularity quickly. I would love a different speed meta, we’ve seen enough rat runs. ^^ <3

THANK YOU DEVs for still working on this game and making so many changes to existing items, i love to see it. Thank you for keeping the game alive.
Love,
Zeitz
1500-1700 hours played.

4 Likes

wrong forum. post this in PTR FEEDBACK :expressionless:

You can’t. The PTR Ended. However I’m surprised that we aren’t going to test the final patch because the last PTR patch broke many things, and didn’t fix all of the things it claimed too. Seems kind of pointless to only sort of test changes, but then not test the fixes to make sure they perform correctly.

Edited: In fact the worst part about ending the PTR early is that the Hydra Wizard never got to actually be fully tested to its potential because of the shield bug caused by the ptr patch.

2 Likes

PTR is done… PTR forum is now Read-Only…

lousy weekend ahead of us…

1 Like

It’s a good point. Lots of items are in game are just require a few tweaks. Frostburn/Magefists could easily do 50% more Cold/Fire damage, for example. Tal Rasha’s could be 12,000% damage instead of 8000%. Firewalkers could do 700-800% Weapon damage as Fire. Simple number tweaks could restore a lot of items to viability…it’s just not being done and nobody understands why.

2 Likes

Wow you guys are very sensitive about the title of the post and which sub forum it belongs to. The context applies outside of PTR anyways.
Point being you could easily spread out the power level more evenly between more slots.
Mantle of Channeling could be a 100% dmg multiplier if we lowered the power level of some other channeling items. And making more equal powerlevel gear makes for more builds and a more interesting game :slight_smile:
I realize that changing an item like mantle would require a rebalanced of every channeling build in the game and would require a lot of resources.
But I think it would be a healthy direction for the game. For newbs as well as veterans.
Been introducing the game to maaaany new players over the years and when they get an 800 % multiplier they think its a bit exciting but also very stupid.

2 Likes

Hey Zeitz,

We appreciate the feedback regardless of where it lands. We look at both sections throughout the day.

Thanks again and glad you’re having a great time slaying demons

2 Likes

With the Cube versatility… LoD builds will be sweet indeed. Oh man I wasn’t even thinking about that. I had my mind on the Frenzy and the Rend Barb. That opens up all kinds of cool combos. I hope there isn’t too long of a break before Season 20 starts. Now I am really geeked.

S20 the season of LoD.

I think you mean the Season of RatRuns

Add the RORG old seasonal
Buff to this season. This will let everyone take advantage of the new seasonal cube setup.

2 Likes

I am insanely curious; how hard is it for you guys to take an item like Frostburn? and up the damage multiplier from 20% cold damage to 50% cold damage? It’s a one digit change…but I respect there are four d3 platforms.