D3 keeps uninstalling

Inquiring as to why D3 keeps uninstalling from my PC.

Its been happening now for the last 3 to 4 years, every several weeks i would have to reinstall D3. I have no clue as to why its happening. Ive been searching the forum now for around 2 hours, and havent come across anything like im experiencing. Unless ive missed something, which is highly likely lol. But its frustrating, getting home from work thinking " YEA" i’ll give Warcraft a break tonight and hit up some D3, only to find i have to reinstall it. And its depressing and i dont want to play it. Im currently in the proccess of reinstalling it now. Once i get back from my NSW Rural Fire Service duties tonight i’ll play it for awhile. And over the coming days / weeks i’ll see when it uninstalls.

Please help its annoying. And been happening now far to long.

Okay, daft question incoming…
Do you share your PC with anyone else that might be uninstalling it?

Hey Wildfire,

Besides the question that Meteorblade has asked, I have one more. Where do you install your Diablo 3? If it is in the same folder as the battle.net launcher go ahead and install it in a different location. When the launcher updates it modifies that folder and games installed there are removed.

1 Like

Strangely enough, I just experienced the same. I was playing last night with no issues… spun up my machine tonight and the D3 directory was there but no files in it. It is in a different directory than my Bnet install and event viewer has 0 reports of this. It’s almost like it was manually uninstalled but I am the only user on this machine. I would blame it on an AV thing but that would induce a log and notification in most cases. Super weird.