D3 is very broken atm

Hello there. I just wanted to know if Blizz is aware of how broken the game is atm. Currently you cannot send or receive whispers. Joining/requesting groups is not working, communities are broken again as well. Also, friends lists are bugged. You cannot see what class a lot of your friends are playing. It simply says Unkown where their class would be.

5 Likes

Evening Gimpzor,

As a matter of fact, we do know that there are some issues going on at the moment.

1. Whispers - This issue cropped up today after maintenance and there’s currently an incident report in for it to be fixed.
  2. Party Bug - This had been a tricky bug that we are investigating daily to nail down. Hoping this gets fixed up in the coming days.
  3. Communities, Clans, and Friends Bug - We think this has to roughly do with the same presence issue stated above and should be fixed up soon
  4. Same as 2 and 3.

I appreciate the call out though, a lot of these have to do with how the game client handles Battle.net and so on. Both teams have been working hard to get these fixed up as soon as possible.

Thanks again

10 Likes

Awesome, thank you very much for the quick reply. It is greatly appreciated!

4 Likes

Looks like I picked a good time to 100% Bloodstained in my Steam library. :slight_smile:

Not sure why my post was flagged for trolling by trolls. Also not sure why moderator deleted it.

Like I said. If we can help you somehow, guide us.

1 Like

Matt, I got to thinking. You said that a couple of these issues surfaced after the maintenance today. I noticed that you all brought back the “Recent Players” tab in your friends list. Not sure what you all changed on the back end that could have messed with the games functionality, however this is one change that can be seen client side, and I was wondering if it could be playing a role in the issues.

Seems like it took control over itself and is introducing SSF-only gameplay. Let’s see what’s next!

we would probably get a better game after its first balance patch if it took over itself.

it might be able to do basic mathematics

Paragon is next then - error 303 incoming with no bonuses after P800!

These issues have been outstanding for almost three months and until around a week ago when you started posting about it, in the Bug Report thread that reported it, it had been weeks since Blizzard had responded so you’ll forgive us if we’re desperate for fixes.

Heck, who knows, maybe you could even take a look at the fact that the Recent Players list has been broken for almost a year now.

They have addressed, at least in part, the recent players list. However, as Gimpzor said, it may be related to some of the other bugs.

All the social issues seem to be related to changes to the Bnet code, not D3 code. Of course, that is why it takes the D3/Classic team AND the Bnet team, to address it.

I do appreciate Matt giving us as many updates as he has in the past couple weeks. It is quite refreshing. I am not going to encourage anyone to shoot the messenger.

2 Likes

I dont understand how you people make changes to a few things…add some sets and just about every patch you guys do goes to hell. Almost every time you guys go and break the game. I used to do coding back in the day and yes it can be tricky but why are you touching stuff every time you guys do a patch that does not need to be touched? Almost no other game out there has these problems you guys do and if they do have problems, they know what was changed and can usually have it fixed within 24 hours. This season has been live for a couple weeks now and yet still no fix’s to starting games with groups because the game thinks people are not seasonal when they are. I mean hell, there are still bugs in the game since launch of the game.

1 Like

Communication error

Not able to log in account.

Along with all the other join bug etc.

Can log in now.

This D3 is a solo game now for most part!

Players have also reported the return of the Recent Players list on the French language Europe Discussion forum…