D3: inventory / worn items / stash, don't populate

I’ve been playing D3 for years on the same pc. Just recently I upgraded the memory from 8gb (4gbx2) to 16gb (8gbx2) of Patriot memory bought new via retail (as opposed to off market or second hand).
A few days after the memory swap an odd thing started happening. When I open my inventory there is nothing at all there. Nothing worn, nothing carried. Sometimes when I click on a vendor there isn’t anything there either, and the same with my stash. It could take as long as a minute for the items to ‘fill in’. If I hover the cursor over the items I can see the popup for that item. Those popups are 100% accurate except that the mini-image is missing.
I’ve gone into the settings and I changed all the video settings to low or none. No effect.

Maybe there’s an ini file that can be deleted? Should I uninstall the game completely, reboot, and then reinstall [if this was a quick process I’d’ve done that already…]?

Edit: I should mention that I’ve shut down D3 and battle.net repeatedly, as well as rebooted my pc.

uninstall-reinstall seems like the next natural thing to do if you think it’s a D3 issue.

But as you recently changed the hardware, I’d try to check that problem isn’t with the memory, ie if your 16gb work as intended outside of diablo. As in, maybe it’s not plugged in properly or something.

Nah, everything else works exactly as before, and in fact there is no perceptible difference. However, with 16gb I can run two instances side by side, fully functional albeit smaller windows…

EDIT: I’m going to have to do the uninstall/reinstall anyway, just for the sake of diagnostics.

Edit #2: I’ve uninstalled D3, rebooted, and then reinstalled. The not populating issue remains.
Maybe it’s a connection thing? Since the characters are stored on servers maybe the game is getting lag and not able to populate?
I’ve also noticed that when I open the blacksmith the five tabs are not visible, and the same for my stash, not all the tabs are initially visible.