[D2R] Classic Possible Change?

I know this is not the official D2 Resurrected forum. I did not get to play the technical alpha and don’t have access to it. I also don’t know if pre-ordering it gives you access to the forum or not.

In Diablo 2 I played Classic way more than the Expansion. In Classic non-ladder there are socketed Uniques with gems inside, usually only possible in Expansion. This was because of some hack/exploit that allowed classic characters to get access to act 5 where they could socket these Unique items with Larzuk. The Stone of Jordan is a Unique ring that can socket rares and nothing else. Why only rares though? It is cool to utilize the gems in all pieces of gear.

Could the Devs possibly think about having the SoJ Socket Magic and Uniques as well for Classic? Would this change the game too much, or would it be a cool addition for Classic in D2 Resurrected?

Yes it does.

Pre-ordering D2R does not give you access to the alpha/beta, it clearly states that on the opt-in page.

By clicking the opt-in button, you consent to receiving news and special offers from Blizzard Entertainment. Access to Beta and possible future tests is not guaranteed.

Or Pre-purchase Now (does not include Beta access). :point_left:

1 Like

If they change the game play of D2R then it won’t be the same. So the only changes they will make are QoL changes along with the graphic changes. Add in being able to run on the current OS Windows 10 as another bonus as well. Much more than that D2R wouldn’t be a remaster it would be a remake. And we know how that could turn out, it might not bode well for us if it is transformed into a remake.