D2:R Classic and Enhanced ed

Hi, i’m an old d2 player. Just like many of you, i prefer to see some good changes to what d2 was but i can understand why some of you won’t. I think there’s only 1 solution, have D2:R split in between a classic and an enhanced edition.
Classic and Enhanced ed. should have separate ladders, different options (like personal loot, stackable rune/potions, bigger inventory etc.). So, when you create a new character, you should have the option to go for: classic, enhanced, classic hc or enhanced hc. That should make happy about 90-95% of actual players. Splitting playerbase is (almost) never a good idea, but is this case is and it can also provide Blizzard stats on how many ppl enjoy one mode or another.

2 Likes

Is it not already intended to be split by the retention of the original version?

People will always be looking to improve any game in there minds. If this was a remake i could see all sorts of changes being implemented, its not tho, its being dubbed a remaster. Making remake changes along with remaster changes makes no sense at all. This game is not meant for everyone just like any other game known to exist. Why are there 25 different versions of Madden? Because the games are never perfect. Catering to the causals is a bad idea, they want this game going for another 20 years…Leave the game alone…

If this is a remaster with only the additional changes that have been announced, then D2R essentially enters maintenance mode on its release day except for some bug fixes.

If we have a classic mode with only the announced changes, then the purists for the most part will be happy. However, we know that D2 purists are a small fraction of D2 payers (<6% assuming that the reddit poll is representative-ish).

The enhanced mode could have more changes that address a subset of what the >90% want.

Overall, I consider this idea a win-win.

It is D2:Resurrected. It is not a DLC of updated features in D2. If one choice in D2R is D2-clone and one choice in D2R is not a D2-clone. Both options are available.

2 Likes

This isnt a new game bud. Everyone wants all this new stuff, its a remaster, i get you guys want everything and anything, this is not a remake tho… Yes i see your trying so hard to make this into a new game. You will be disappointed if you get your way…

2 Likes

I could support this though I do find the name “enhanced” to be annoying cause that’s a subjective opinion and suggests it’s an upgrade from current LoD. A large inventory with a charm stash and personal loot isn’t enhanced, just different like playing a mod. It needs a different server name, i.e. “Mod”, “Remastered”, “2.0”, “Personal Loot” “LoD Plus”.

1 Like

How about modern as the name?

Even though if D2 Enhanced has a set of wider options, that likely meets the definition of enhanced.

D2:LoD is the base car model while D2:LoD Enhanced has all the optional bells and whistle of the luxury car version.

2 Likes

Maybe modern suits better :slight_smile:

And you can have your game that is exactly like D2/LOD, it’s called… D2/LOD.

Actually, it’s called Diablo II Resurrected. Your game already exists. It’s called D2 mod community.

1 Like

Its a remaster, stop trying to remake it. Will wait until the game actually comes out, this talk is all pointless. Will hope the developers stick to there word.

3 Likes

If there are no changes, its gonna be bots galore and ball runs forevar

1 Like

It’s not perfect, stop trying to pretend it is. Don’t wait for game to come out to fix the flaws, provide feedback. Will hope the developers stick to their word and hear the community feedback.

1 Like

You can be gosh darn sure the modders are gonna jump into D2:R as soon as it’s out. Maybe not the PD2 team since their project is already mature but other mods will come. There will be popcorn flavors for all tastes. Although, they’ll probably be singleplayer only.

2 Likes

I don’t really like that name either tbh, it implies that D2R LoD is not modern but ID2R LoD will be modern. I could accept the name but it’s not my favorite.

Charm inventories and personal loot are not required for modern arpgs and D2R will be fully modern. If they do anything like this I think they should nix the charm inventory and just have a personal and shared loot server.

Its not perfect, but i wouldn’t change anything from what has already been changed already, maybe add more content at somepoint. There’s thousands of games in the world, none of them are “perfect”… Your changes wont make the game perfect either. Its a remaster simple as that.

1 Like

Uhm, it’s not a simple remaster, it’s a “redone”. Every bit of it is brand new. Why do you have to carry 2000’ code (and net code) imperfections in 2021? also, UI and UX have gone far beyond that year.

Im not making the game… I would suggest watching the developers video talking about making this game.