D2R beta feedback PS4

Sorry again for posting stuff about the beta here, but console players don’t have access to the beta-test forum. I also checked the survey link we get at the end. I was expecting to be able to give personalized feedback, but we only have pre-formatted answers. As you’ll see in the rest of this post (if anyone from Blizzard even reads it) there is no way I could give the feedback I wanted to with the options in the survey.

1. First things first. There is something really wonky going on with the main menu. Whenever I’m in the main menu, the fan of my PS4 goes into overdrive, and yesterday I couldn’t even start playing because the console would force a shutdown due to overheating. I play D3 and other demanding games on my PS4, and I never had this happen before.

When I finally managed to create a game, the fan would go back to normal levels, but as soon as I left a game and returned to the main menu, the fan on my PS4 would go into overdrive again. There is definitely something wrong with the main menu that really needs to be fixed for release.

1. The game has serious lag and frame rate issues (I’m playing from Portugal). At its best, enemies don’t seem to react immediately to our attacks, at its worse it takes half a second or more for an enemy to register a hit. Sometimes I would walk away from an open chest, and then see stuff dropping behind me. The frame rate would often drop for no apparent reason. I was playing with the Barbarian and Amazon, and these characters certainly don’t have flashy attacks at low levels.

2. I couldn’t find this option anywhere, but please add an option to change the language settings inside the game. It’s annoying that to play in English I have to set the language of my PS4 to English.

It’s great that you guys give translations for several countries, but Brazilian Portuguese is a far cry from Portuguese from Portugal. The expressions they use are very different than the ones we use here in Portugal.

1. If you’re playing in Brazilian Portuguese a lot of voiced sounds are missing.
  • The first cinematic has no sound whatsoever.
  • None of the characters in town have voiced dialogue.
  • When my character leaves the Rogue encampment, they don’t actually say anything, I just see a message in the text log.
  1. Anything that is not music is very muted in the game. I had to lower the music down to 10%, and then crank up the volume on my TV set to actually get to hear other sounds more clearly.

2. Please add sounds to our characters when making normal attacks. It’s jarring that our characters are in complete silence unless using an ability.

3. It’s hard to understand why the console version is missing features that are present in the PC version. As a PC-focused developer, Blizzard seems to have the mindset of a PC elitist in that they think console gamers are stupid and need things to be simplified for them. This whole issue on console of players not being able to have a lobby with game descriptions to join, or not being able to write in the text box seems to stem from that.

Not sure why you’re not allowed to zoom in on console.

There is no reason for Blizzard to not be able to offer the PC UI in the console version. Look at FFXIV. You can use the PC UI on the PS4 version. Some of us actually have a mouse and keyboard to use on our console.

1. I hope you guys introduce more QoL features to the game. The inventory is far too small.

Things that I liked:

1. The UI will take some time getting used to, but it was adequate enough for me.

2. Thanks for adding an option to enlarge the font of all text. The default size was really tiny for me.

3. Overall, the graphics look fantastic, but if I had to nitpick, I wish character animations had more frames.

4. The targeting assistance is much appreciated even for melee attacks.

5. I love the solution you guys have for potions on console. It’s great that once you use the potions from a given slot in your belt, the game automatically lets you use a potion from your inventory.

The game seems like it would be a blast to play if everything worked properly, but unless the main menu overheating and frame rate issues are resolved, I’m going to try and get a refund for the game.

3 Likes

I love the solution you guys have for potions on console. It’s great that once you use the potions from a given slot in your belt, the game automatically lets you use a potion from your inventory.

It works only on rejuvenation potions in your inventory, not for the regular HP and mana potions. Would be cool if it does though.

Strange. To me it would automatically get a potion of the same type as the one used.

But I admittedly didn’t play that long.

1 Like

Out of curiosity I just tested it again and it seems like the auto fill up potions work on slot 1 and 2 of the belt. Slot 3 and 4 didn’t show any potions from the inventory. Maybe that’s a bug and I hope they will fix it, cause it would really help on consoles.

1 Like
  1. There needs to be a lock in place command like the shift key on the PC. When casting spells, I hate constantly taking baby steps in every direction I am trying to aim

2. There needs to be a way to completely fill tombs and belts with potions with one click

3. The loot pick up needs some work. With big piles of loot its kind of a pain. It would be nice to have an option to cycle through everything your close to. I also had issues getting some stuff dropped by Andy when her portal opened right on it

From what I could tell, ‘L1’ served no purpose in game play and could easily be used for the above. If L1 does do something, someone let me know haha

L1 is used to show item names on the ground. I don’t think it works as intended but still… :wink:

yes, some games work like that, like avengers and injustice2, i don,t know why but it seems nowdays a static menu is more taxing that the game itself. probably font scaling?

i played friday, saturday and sunday with 1500+ ping lag. somehow neighbor’s alarm stayed on at 3 am and i launched D2R topass the time and i was getting “just” above 100+ ping so i was able to test the game and it wasn’t so bad. compared tofive seconds lag in deaths and unlimited wonkyness, but my guess is, game actually plays better offline and this was just the lag playing games with people.

also happens in other languages.

it sucks. there’s no chat, no zoom function, no key binds, i hate using “options” to open the inventory instead of the pad like it was on D3, so instead i tap the pad, realize i scaled the map, tap three times toreset it, and then press the options button, every time. muscle memory works but control scheme doesn’t.

pcmasterrace. fuuny enough, i think D3 plays better on consolesthan on pc,but the UI is a thousand times more polished on pc, console UI is horrible, same with D2R.

i find it very ugly compared to D2R on pc, some motifs don’t even fit the visual style like those amplifier grill on vendor interfaces.

but mostly the popups and overheat issues. thathappens on pcmasterrace too so, it’s not a obsoleteancientconsolepeasant exclusive problem.

my guess is zoom function was removed to conceal lower texture size on consoles, like it was removed from D3 while it was ported to PS3/XB360

still, pixelated textures or not, i wish free zoom was a thing on consoles.