D2R - Beta Feedback - Isend

I like

• Sounds
  • Graphisms
  • Shared stash
  • Gold pickup on walk
  • Tons of options (sharpness, accessibility, minimap, …etc.)
  • Global characters (not bound to a region, useful in case of a continent crash)

I want

• No Crash
  • No Lag : No more hit in the void, no more unwanted teleports, etc
  • No white ground (seen in solo & multi on different grounds) : https://i.ibb.co/wd5d602/text.png
  • No more unplayable character after being disconnected : https://i.ibb.co/syDR5mt/game-deconnected-now-player-is-unplayable.png
  • Less GPU intensive : My GTX 1080 is hot. I could instant-cook eggs on it.
  • Personal ennemy loot : Competitive loot breaks friendship, and moreover is unfair to console players
  • Personal death loot : Currently a friend can steal your gold when you are dead or just revived
  • World chat : Fix network : Sent messages not shown after game creator left (was 6 players game)
  • World Chat : Fix double messages (echoed) : https://ibb.co/0KjVJvG
  • World chat : Option to silence in solo : it breaks immersion when playing solo
  • Know where friends are located, or ability to teleport near them : Important when joining game
  • Non-hostile games by default, PvP must be explicit option to check at game creation
  • Fix Ask Trade procedure : 90% of the time, I can’t click on trade dialog option to init trade (no :hover)
  • Run activated by default on first game : Walking is useless in an ARPG
  • Endurance : Remove this clunky mechanic and replace with Speed shrines
  • Stack shrines powers : Currently a shrine power replaces the current one
  • Share shrines powers among group : Currently only the player who clicks gets the power
  • Games with 8 players are just too much : There is no tied group, only dispersed people
  • Faster purchases : network check must happen in background
  • Right click to Sell : Important or else I drink potions instead of selling them
  • Sell back items that were sold by error, at the same price they were sold
  • Revive at corpse / Revive at checkpoint (last stairs or last stone portal)
  • No intro videos after first launch : I’ve seen them, no need to play them again
  • Move one item from inventory into a busy slot of the stash, and it exchange items (ex: book / potion)
  • Stack keys over 12 (sometimes, they don’t stack, even under 12, weird)
  • Remove books and make town portal & identification scrolls stack (over 20)
  • Allow accents in character names (i18n please)
  • Being able to use ← and → arrows of the keyboard when typing character name
  • Name generator (button at the right of the input to reroll), a name is generated upon character selection
  • Better distinctive color for uniques : Orange or Violet (Light yellow is not OK)
  • Precise Set description : Know what a Set will do, before I complete it
  • Infinite skill respecialization against currency : error is human, can adapt skills to loot
  • Create a special character to respecialize : Akara also sells items, it is easy to misclick and respec by error
  • Blacksmith can unsocket your items
  • More space in character inventory : My 4K screen feels empty
  • More companion inventory slots : To recycle old loot (boots, gloves, etc)
  • Minimal Life / Mana regen
  • Skills to fast regen Mana : Currently we are dependant from Mana potions
  • Auto populate potion bar : sometimes it just does not happen and you end up with zero potion slotted
  • Auto drink potion : Managing potions drinks breaks immersion.
  • Alternative potion mechanic : Each potion grants you +xx% Life regen and/or +xx% Mana regen. This way you don’t have to drink them, just equip them.

Conclusion

When you play Diablo 2, you measure the progress made by Diablo 3 in terms of quality of life and gameplay.

Diablo 2 has runewords, ambiance and story.
Diablo 3 is better in everyting else : skills, skills runes, infinite and free respecialization, multiplayer, death management, no potions, no endurance, personal loot, …etc.

Playing Diablo 2 Resurrected made me realize Diablo 3 is actually a good game.

2 Likes

I want

• No Lag : No more hit in the void, no more unwanted teleports, etc
    I agree
  • Faster purchases : network check must happen in background
    I noticed no difference from the original version of d2
  • Right click Sell : Important or else I drink potions instead of selling them
    I was able to right click to sell… and shift click to buy. Not sure what issue you were having.
  • Sell back items that were sold by error, at the same price they were sold
    This is not a diablo 2 feature. It will never be a diablo 2 feature.
  • Run activated by default on new games : Walking is useless in this game
    This has always been how diablo 2 operated. You have to press one button to run. This is a non issue
  • Endurance : Remove this clunky mechanic and replace with Speed shrines
    This is diablo 2. This will never be part of D2:R.
  • Cumulate shrines : currently a shrine power replaces the current one
    This will never happen, and is not a part of diablo 2
  • Revive at corpse / Revive at checkpoint (last stairs or last stone portal)
    This will never happen, and is not a part of diablo 2
  • No intro videos after first play : I’ve seen them, no need to play them again
    No comment
  • Stack keys over 12 (sometimes, they even don’t stack under 12, weird)
    Keys have always stacked at 12. I don’t envision anything changing with that mechanic.
  • Remove books and make town portal & identification scrolls stack (over 20)
    No
  • Allow accents in character names
    Have no opinion on this
  • Option to deactivate World chat : it just breaks solo immersion
    I’m pretty sure this will be fixed by launch
  • Infinite skill respecialization against currency : error is human, can adapt skills to loot
    You get one free respec each difficulty level in act 1, and the ability to farm respec tokens later in the game. No, diablo 2 is not going to spoonfeed you.
  • Blacksmith can unsocket your items
    There is a quest for this in act 5, each difficulty level. This will not happen stop asking for stuff that will never be part of the way diablo 2 operates
  • More space in character inventory : My 4K screen feels empty
    I have no opinion on this
  • More companion armor pieces : To recycle old loot
    What are you even talking about?
  • Minimal Life regen, just like Mana
    There are items that give life replinish. This is an intended mechanic. Stop asking for the game to be spoon-fed to you
  • Auto populate potion bar : sometimes it just does not happen
    It always happens. It populates with like potions.
  • Auto drink potion : Handling potions breaks immersion
    No.
2 Likes

Console compatibility, Cross saves, Shared stash and Gold pickup on walk weren’t part of Diablo 2, but those features still landed in Diablo 2 Resurrected.

Never say never.

I’m pretty sure the intention of Blizzard is not just to produce a remaster, but resurrect the game and make it comply to game industry 2021 standards, so it can be played by the largest audience possible.

Here they come, take shelter

1 Like

Yes please. They seem to have command queue of size one for UI actions. Even actions for picking up items in inventory, identifying, drinking potions are lost if you do it quickly enough. I can’t count how many times I had to click twice when moving items or drinking potions straight from inventory.

Make the command queue a little bit bigger, seems like if current request is not process, then new one is not registered.

1 Like

I think he meant removing gems and runes from sockets. If so there is a cube recipe for that. Socketed item + Hel rune + Scroll of portal will destroy all socketed runes/gems in the item.

Also, there are also a cube recipes for making sockets as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the knowledge share, good to know.

That said I would prefer to retrieve those socketed runes/gems in my inventory, rather than destroy them :sweat_smile:

The price is you lose the gems, runes or jewels, and gain the sockets back.

That would break the economy. Part of making some runewords is that you get random values and you either are happy with them, remove the runeword and try again (keeping the base item as some of them are more expensive than runes) or sell the item and try again.

If it would return the runes, you could stock up on Hel runes and do it indefinitely.

Some kind of help/info in the game menu about things like runewords, recipes, etc. would be nice, so I don’t have to google them.

1 Like

Updated with multiplayer feedback

Arreat Summit: http classic battle net / diablo2exp

All the basic information you need about gems, runes and recipes to transmute them in the Horadric Cube.

1 Like

Updated with few bugs (screenshots)

im looking forward to see where Diablo III is in 2032 which is the year it will be roughly as old as D2 is today.

If its that great im sure it will be thriving and people will be waiting for DIII resurrected.

you are delusional

You’ll get nothing and like it.

Go play D3. This game is not for you.