Custerian Wristguards and Gem of Ease

1,6b+ gold? Each cache yields 1.64m (not b) gold.

Also, gold find (see my changes in game difficulty in the post above) seems to have no effect, see my earlier post. If gold find had an effect, you should’ve received way more XP than you did, since you even used more than I did (I didn’t use any paragon nor any gear besides the bracers).

And of course feel free to farm more caches (bounties are always good) but 30-40 don’t help to resolve the math, what’s interesting to see is what’s happening with the 2nd and 3rd and 4th cache. Maybe you misunderstand: you got much less XP from those 10 caches than expected (see the spreadsheet I linked), so opening 10 at once already had some sort of drawback. 30-40 caches will probably not even get you to 60 as there seems to be some sort of crazy diminishing returns going on there. What’s interesting is to test one single cache, at a time, and see if there’s anything that influences the XP gained, and why it’s so much less than expected.

Well I forgot how much, didn’t pay attention you’re probably right, anyway still need 25 caches, so I’m going back to t16 bounty runs…

After I’m done I’ll check your spreadsheet.

Found a couple comments from BehindTimes on reddit that mentions a class-specific bug for XP from Custerian Wristguards while in town:

Apparently Necros and WDs get more XP than they are supposed to from the gold.

Might explain the discrepancy OP saw: more XP on a necro.

BehindTimes is actually in my clan so if I catch him on I’ll pick his brain. Haven’t seen him much this season though.

1 Like

Oh wow, thank you very much! I pinged him on Reddit to take a look at it.

Well, coincidentally I used a WD (just because I had one already as I’m cubing the pants for my LoD build)… so that means the 1.64m gold is multiplied by 8, yielding 13.12m XP. It’s a bit off of the 14.774m that I actually received - so maybe some amount of gold find is applied to it (my bracers had 34%, but it’s less than a 1.34 factor). But we’re getting there! It also means Gasnick’s 10 caches, granting him 16.4m XP (before GF) are starting to make more sense - at level 54 he received somewhere in the ballpark between 31 and 38m XP in total.

Nice find. I want to do it on my next alt, and get power leveled 50 through to 70.

Opened 40 T16 Horadric Caches with another level 1 DH on T6 using items I mentioned in my post above and got…

58 level

You don’t need anyone to powerlevel you from 50 at all. You need a Gem of Ease 60-100 Rank in an ancient weapon, gold wrap lvl 1 and avarice band ring cubed, boon of hoarder in ring or hellfire amulet if you have one plus the rest of items I mentioned in my post above.

You also need a puzzle ring, to open a vault with your 54 level char and easily get to 65-70 in no time…

If you want to power level a DH just make Shadow Mantle’s set pants and boots lvl 1 with Gem of Ease and you probably hit 70 in that vault…

Doing this with necro should be interesting: How many caches to you need for 69 levels?

I have no idea about necro I just checked it on my DH. Maybe someone else can test it, kinda tired from public T16 bounty runs…

Once you’re level 54 or 58 just open a vault and use the leveling items I mentioned…

On previous seasons, I have done this with T13 caches. I do not have necro dlc and this was before the 5th stash tab earned through seasons, so I had 10 stash tabs. I filled all of them with T13 bags plus had the character inventory with 30 bags, so 380 T13 cache bags. I had a level 1 Custerians, opened all 380 bags, and went from level 1 to 68.9. You should be able to go from 1 to 70 with T16 bags and 13 stash tabs, but that is a lot of boring bounty farming.

By the way, opening 200+ cache bags all at the same time will cause an immense amount of lag. I have a very good internet connection and did not lag out, but the game did hit around a 1,500 ms ping, so if you try this many, be careful.

I rather hit 54 level with just 10 T16 caches and level the rest in vault(s)…

Just noticed this from Bagstone’s ping. Anyway, as already mentioned, Custerian’s are afflicted by a bug.

Depending on your class, and if you’re in a group, you can get anywhere from 1:1 gold per XP and 1:16 gold per XP.

With a necromancer or witch doctor, it’s not actually consistent, as you’ll start off with a high amount (usually 8:1), and it will scale down to 1:1 around level 55. Otherwise, with 23 challenge caches, a necro or witch doctor could hit 70 without ever leaving town, but that’s not the case.

Difficulty, nor the gem of ease do not have any affect on the xp amount gained from Custerians, at least to the best of my knowledge. This is a bug that’s existed from as long as I remember. I’m guessing for testing purposes, as it only happens in town (that is, you’ll gain 1:1 if you leave town), that was never cleaned up for one reason or another (and no one really cared because after level 55, you won’t get any extra xp).

2 Likes

O-la-la, this became a true scientific investigation and research.
Never mind, this game badly needs such little thigs apart from boring grinding.
Thank you all very much! Rarely so constructive, not-selfish-boasting and very reasonable discussion has ever done here, although this is very small thing, but nevertheless.
We can conclude that 6.6 or 20 mil gold will get us to L54/55, and if we use extremely big amount of boxes (really no point cause we can selflevel us several times for that time spent), we won’t go over 58. So 5 Horadric or 1 CR is enough, once L54 you are on 70 in several minutes, using LoD gem or any other mentioned methods.
Kinda sad this is all due to a bug, though.
Thanks again!!!

4 Likes

I tried on a few different characters to open 3 T16 caches and see what happend. GoE had absolutely no effect, however class did.

Each one gained 1,654,000 million exp from first cache - which is odd given there’s only 1,640,000 million gold in it. It was however consistent even if I picked up a book for some initial exp.

DH got a 8x bonus on the second cache and gained 13,120,000 exp from those 1.64M gold. the other 3 gained the expected 1,640,000 exp from each cache.

All was checked for variance in gold dropped.