Crusader set so weak!

I can barely do T16 with Aegis of Valor.

It either need another piece for multiplier somewhere (a bracer, a shield, an armor piece or something) or,

…make it interact with Heaven Fury, which makes it a viable RGK build since thorn rgk is gone, and that’ll be pretty cool, because now we do need an RGK replacement for 150. Making crusader a part of the meta will be pretty cool.

The current skill interaction with Aegis of Valor is not interesting. It’s just a flat 10,000% damage increase to Fist of Heaven. Now I want to ask, why should I wear this set, if I can just put on LON/LOD set and get even more elemental damage?

However, as a side note, I like the look of the set. Really cool artwork.

2 Likes

What about making it work with steed or the sader minions (don’t know name without looking). The minion could be “until they die” with an added buff while they are active. Steed charge which I think has a rune for getting resource and could utilize the steed set that’s never used. I don’t know, just throwing stuff out. I’m a jack of all trades, ace at none.

Ok some things I found fairly quickly:

• You need to build stacks (50) up as quickly as possible to get the 50% DR
  • You need RORG and Captain Crimson’s with this to do more damage and be a little tankier.
  • You actually do not need a primary. You can use Shield Glare with wrath regeneration(Zealous Glare) and provoke with the hit me rune. This leads to…
  • Provoke - increases your block chance and gives wrath regen. You want 100% block chance as often as possible. If you do it right, you can do it without justice lantern. If you do that and have Blood Brother in Kanai, you can get 30% extra damage almost regularly.
  • You want the attack speed so while some prefer the two handed, Fervor gives you 15% AS and lowers the cooldown.
  • You want Akarat’s Prophet rune, so CDR is important.
  • Try and get your CDR to over 50% - Shoulders, Shield (Akarat’s Awakening), gloves if you can and if you are lucky on the amulet. But do not sacrifice CHC and CHD completely.
  • Use OROZ (Obsidian Ring Of the Zodiac). lowers CDR.
  • See the screesnhot below - Lightning runes seem to be the most effective in this build. If you use the knockback, use strongarm bracers. The chaining rune seems to be the most damaging in mobs.

I did 90 with a default set… … It needs tweaking, but it has potential and is fun to play.

Hope that helps a little.
http://prntscr.com/plfr7l

EDIT: The problem now is everyone is expecting a set to automatically do 100 in vanilla without any tweaking. When I started playing this game, not only did you have to do trials to see what level the game would let you do a GR at, doing GR50 was considered ‘high’ then. Cheers

1 Like

the question becomes… why use this to do 90, if you can speed 100s with LOD set?

Globally for crusader with ANY possible set you’d be correct, but the thread author’s question was with this specific set.

I agree, LoD or LoN is much better choice than the Aegis of Valor set. It shouldn’t be this way. Adding a shield or bracer would help, really though the set needs a bit more damage reduction, more % damage increase to Fist of the Heavens, and of course maybe some more stimulating skill interactions.