Cross progression starts to show its issue

Normally, I wouldn’t mind any change to PC world by learning from console world, such as auto sort, one click skill, 360 degree movement. These small improvement makes the game less clunky.

However, the cross progression and unified leaderboard makes a direct competition between PC world and console world. We all know it is a huge handicap without a mouse, so some sort of controller only improvement is to offset the handicap.

Either remove cross progression then PC world can do whatever it wants or keep fairness with console world in mind.

Edit 1: for single player, yeah, do anything please. All support is welcome. Above is my view about ladder.

There won’t be enough console players to compete for top spots on the ladder no matter what you do.

On top of that, the hard cap on teleport for controller will make nihlathak chaos Baal runs far slower.

People that play exclusively on controller will not compete on the leaderboards. Oh well. I will play on console anyways.

This is unfair. Then don’t do unified leaderboard, tell them.

You’re right, maybe it is unfair to some degree.

However, look at it from another perspective, you would then have to disqualify people for playing the same char on both, or have even more options like

Switch and pc
Pc only
Switch only
Xbox only
Xbox and pc
Switch and Xbox

Upon character creation… this would get super messy.

Console players are lucky the game is coming to console at all.

4 Likes

It won’t be messy. Each system is its own game. Tons of games did like this.

I will play on both and I am not a fan of cross progression.

Lucky if console player only compete with console player. You can’t ask console player to accept handicap from beginning.

I am only buying on switch because of cross progression. If they didn’t have it they’d likely see sales fall.

I want to be able to MF with my chars when it’s not convenient to use PC.

1 Like

That is because you and I are both PC and console players.

There are other people who are only console players and won’t buy because of this silly competition.

I seriously doubt there are people that want to play the game on whatever device they choose are going to NOT play the game just because they are unlikely to be #1 on the ladder leaderboards…

there are truly even so few people that actually grind for the 99 by hand… its possible that a console player might be able to compete for the list, tho undoubtedly will not be #1…if they actually choose to grind a thousand hours and play 10+ hours a day every day for a couple months.

1 Like

unfair ? VG could have omitted the console ports completely!
Would have been better with all the nonsense what they demand.
Stop complaining but rather look forward to the game.

1 Like

What do you mean don’t do unified leaderboard? How can they tell who plays on PC or console or both? You make a character and then that character has cross progression no matter what. If they remove unified leaderboard they have to remove cross progression.

1 Like

I hope you are joking removing cross progression just because of this. Everyone knows that most games are easier to play with mouse and keyboard vs playing on console with a joystick, that’s nothing new and people are fine with it since people know about this issue. The people that play battlenet just for reaching the top 100 ladder are anyway playing it on pc.

I doubt that someone wouldn’t buy it on console just because of this, first time I hear someone saying this.

1 Like

Console is not free. It is the same price. Console player deserve to speak.

PC player can complain, so does console.

The game is first and foremost for PC. Consoles have no voice. If it’s something that will hurt the PC version then it shouldn’t change. Be thankful the game is even ported to consoles. In my honest opinion I think it’s a waste of resources to try and do that and they should work on the PC version more instead.

No company can charge $40 on console and provide bad experience and say hey, this is PC first.

Either good service or no service.

You can argue it is PC first and that is fine. Then you should either not provide service on console or charge lower on console. You can’t charge the same and provide lower service.

1 Like

Well, too bad for you then. Don’t buy the game, because what you are suggesting is not going to happen.

I can afford a ton of money for Diablo even if the game is trash. Money is not an issue.

But I deserve to complain.

I am going to play on both, PC and console :smiley: . I wouldn’t want to see cross progression removed, it is one of the best features they introduce in my opinion, so I can play with friends that only have it on pc and with friends that only have it on ps4. But I am aware of the issue you are talking about, joystick vs mouse/keyboard differences has always been, but nothing we could change about, it’s how it is.

Says who, you? Are you a marketing analyst? Console games are a big part of the gaming industry, I highly doubt that blizzard would give them no voice and so to risk to reduce their profits. It’s still a company that wants to make profit like any other company too.

If it’s something that will hurt the PC version then it shouldn’t be a thing. This game is what it is because of PC gamers.