Cross play ? When?

Is there ever going to be cross play enabled for console to be able to play with PC players?

As long as offline saves exist on consoles, crossplay even on a theoretical level will never happen. Consoles must first switch to 100% online only saves, no offline what so ever.

Then there’s the issue of severe differences in gameplay mechanics. The console versions need to be made equal to that of the PC version. Consoles have lower monster densities and that weird nephalem glory mechanic.

For D3 this thing is too late to do. D4 will likely have it since it’s been designed to be identical on all platforms and will be online only.

1 Like

ill tell you when…

when you get some common sense, thats when

Obvious troll, name checks out. Please stop posting in these forums with useless banter. I think it’s a valid question.

It will never happen. Like kirottu said, there are some significant differences, including the nephalem glory and offline saves. I would like to see the spawn rate on console increased at least, but cross play, no. Too many cheaters on just one platform as is, I don’t want to see more cheaters from other platforms. There are plenty of people who do just fine without cheating.

I was only asking because I wanted my PC Account to be able to plvl my console one.

What console do you play on? Should be easy to find someone to help you level up. I’m on Xbox one.

trolling?
hah, right, in your day dreams, perhaps.
it is literally never going to happen.
never ever.

Not trolling, I think it was a legit question. What is your damage ? you think everything is trolling. :partying_face: :skull:

I sort of get why there’s no cross-play between console and PC: Diablo is a very different animal on these two systems.

I do dream about cross-play between different consoles, though… I’d love to play with my friends who are on different systems… just a dream, I guess…

how so, friend?

it’s only common sense to first know the following:

PC > Console

Console users = treated like peasants

then there’s issues of combining leaderboards…
…every user must be always online
…(which by the way I and like 90% of the remaining user base don’t need)…
…everyone needs a bnet account
etc
etc

There is something that need be said about playing in front a huge 80" UHD tv which is what I do when I play console. Plus it’s more comfortable too.

Mmm maybe some of the time, other times the community is much worse on PC.