Critique my My Monk and help/advice

Now I’ve been playing for a long time trying to play the same style. Almost 1800 hours on this Monk and have been trying diff things but always go back to the same. I don’t like WOL builds, as I tend to prefer taking a beating with a huge mob pulled close me while not dying.

Is there a tweak I can use for my build that will buff my Monk? I have a few decent items and trust me, I’ve been searching. This is mostly SOLO play.

Which Monk…
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/LifePincher-1891/hero/108793732
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/LifePincher-1891/hero/8416843
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/LifePincher-1891/hero/113119929

LifePincher Monk. Of course I forget that LOL

You’re trying to do too much at once. You’ve got a lot of support trying to prop up your generator, but your primary set is pet-oriented. Your skills are trying to keep enemies close and clumped but your generator has knockback. CoE is nice but your generator is lightning and your ally rune is fire (and by putting a rune on your hotbar you’re losing 2 allies). You’ve got Endless Walk but no R4 means you can’t spam Dashing so you’re constantly “in the middle” of the Walk buffs (you’d benefit more from Unity if you need toughness, or F+R if you need damage). But you limit your ring options by requiring RoRG.

I would say, pick either Generator-focused OR pet-focused, and then build around R6 or Inna6 respectively.

If going for generator, consider swapping to Crippling Wave (Tsunami) as it attacks faster, hits in an area, and will keep enemies within 15 yards perpetually frozen if you get your attack speed up high enough. Pick up Soliloquy shoulders and weave Cyclone in there for added toughness. Drop Sweeping Wind entirely - it’s only useful in Sunwuko builds. Consider Epiphany (Desert Shroud) instead which will boost your toughness AND mobility AND spirit regen (and with all that cooldown reduction stacking, you’ll keep it up pretty regularly).

Inna is not a “pet focused” set other than having all 10 allies with Crudest Boots. It is a generic buff to everything. The maximum number of allies with Crudest Boots is 10, using no rune with Inna 6 does not give you 12 allies. Inna 6 specifically says that you gain the 5 runed Mystic Allies and Crudest Boots doubles each. I agree that his choice of generator is not optimal, Mangle is typically the most damageing rune unless you go dual generator and mix in Assimilation for bonus damage. I also agree that Sweeping Wind is not ideal, I’d go with Desert Shroud or Serenity Ascension. His passives are also wrong, should be Alacrity and Sieze the Initiative instead of Determination and Unity plus I don’t know if I’ve ever run a monk without Beacon and Near Death.

The r2i6 gen monk build shoulb be well known. You do not… Your passiva are simply wrong. With the gen monk you should aim for 2.2 aps without any buff, so you need sti, ex soul (for more spirit) and that ias for generators. You should indeed use a gen that has no knockback. Sweepin wind is a waste, you need spirit regeneration (e.g. infused light from boh). And you NEVER NEVER roll % dmg on a weapon! If you want to deal more dmg roll AD, otherwise roll something else (until you have 4k+ paragon). You should aim for at least once loh on weaps and 7 ias on each. I could go on with all those bad things but… Go in and find out some things.
What grift lvl you run with it?
Gen monk is played without beacon @khord

I don’t play Gen Monk so…

its not needed to know the build. but it was simply a hint, three passiva are fixed, sti, soul and alacrity or how its called (the xtra gen ias). usually harmony is needed for some defense. beacon is not needed since you have 0cdr and 0rcr

1 Like

I don’t currently have Inna6 so I can’t test it, but my assumption was putting Mystic Ally without a rune on your hotbar gave you a generic, unruned Mystic Ally. Then putting on Crudest will double this generic ally, and then the Inna6 will give you the 5 runed ones, with Crudest doubling all of those as well. So you get 12 allies total.

Even if it doesn’t work that way, it’s still beneficial to not use a rune because unruned Mystic’s active ability will increase all of the Mystic allies’ damage by 50%, and you still get the benefit of all the runed actives anyway. So by throwing a rune on the hotbar, you lose that 10 second 50% buff to your pets.

Inna 6 overrides your rune selection. If you don’t select a rune, you don’t get the Unruned Ally to get that Ally’s activated ability of bonus 50% damage. Trust me, you get 10 allies total regardless of which rune or lack of rune you select. The only rune you should NEVER choose is the Enduring Ally since that Ally has a longer cool down which would affect how often you could activate all of the Allies.