CRITICAL stash Ps4 problem: what to do devs?

Hi,

I just filled my stash and don’t have any space. All sets builds + LOD/LON builds for all characters and yeah… it’s full.

Blizzard, I understand new sets are coming/ new items can you do some workaround at least for us?

Store items on some temporary characters, make armory remember character stash, etc?

Cause I’m not sure what do to…

Quit being a hoarder. The only work around we have on consoles is to create mule accounts. Create another psn account and place all items you have in that account that you don’t regularly use. Diablo isn’t meant to be a hoarder game.

There are some people who once they complete season, delete everything they get and don’t play non season.

They tried to increase our stash, but where its tied in with the memory, and you decide to run 4 man groups, 4*350= 1400. Thats 1400 pieces of code, that the system has to read along with other stuff in the memory which can cause critical lag.

I remember the days of D1 you didn’t have a stash. whatever you had on your inventory, that was all you could carry, anything else, you could drop and it would stay in town. Of course that was PC too.

stop being a hoarder, or create multiple PSN mule accounts, and name each one after each class, so you know where the stuff is and what account it is.

Easy there Rambo! I know of the stash limitation, my question was if really no workaround can be done?

I never played ladder in Diablo, so no seasons for me. Don’t hurry to push a solution that works for you on my throat!

I have started to use all my remaining character slots for items but it’s way to tedious to swap them

i just gave you the work around for console. create new psn accounts…
Necro1, crusader 1 crusader 2 etc. that way you can pop them in your game and easily switch between them.

As Eddie advises the game loads all players stash into memory thus 350 x 4 is a lot of items.

They did advise they would increase it but retracted it because it caused lag and load times to be too long (this is why the game takes a while to load).

Thus the only opton is to create another character, go into your stash and pick up 60 items thus each character can hold 60 items.

Bit of a pain if you need to navigate through it but nothing can be done.

D4 is the answer with online saves.

1 Like

you mention you dun play season so this is easy.

Create a new account name DH now be it LOD, LON, sets or even yellow/blue or white builds. Yes although just DH build 350 stash space not enough so no worries you have more than 10 DH that is each one holds 60 INV with equip all in that account sharing 350 space. Vice versa you can go got Cru WD monk just a mule email address gets you a brand new PSN account.

Next we never know how much items we need at times maybe after few years we might fill up ALL DH space n stash so create DH2 account, now you have another 350 stash with 10+ DH sloths for all we can hoard, no worries space fill up we can have DH3 DH4 account. with this solution you NEVER EVER NEED to salvage any thing in D3 even whites

PS: somethings DH10 account might need stuff from DH5 (I dun know maybe a white weapon we can just mail them :slight_smile: )

1 Like

“Diablo isn’t meant to be a hoarder game” what about Greed and the boon of the hoarder? :laughing:

Anyone who plays hardcore is a hoarder, and has a legitimate reason to do so.

I honestly think there is an actual solution that the developers could do. Implement two stash boxes; one that is account wide with 50 slots; second stash is character specific with 250.

Having one stash to move items between characters doesn’t need to be big because every character has its own dedicated stash. The dedicated stash doesn’t need to be as big as current stash, because you won’t have to share that space with several characters. This would actually reduce total items loaded in RAM and reduce lag.

1 Like

Personally I have one of each character and all the sets and supporting items for each character, including one of each for just about every legendary in the game (except for a couple that I wish would be just discontinued).

The way I manage stash is that every character wears a full set of class-specific gear (usually one of the sets + any supporting items even if they aren’t for that set in particular) and fills their 60 inventory slots with the rest of the sets and class-specific items before quitting the game. When I start a game they dump their inventory into the stash and run off to adventure. The inventory has enough room for up to 290 non-class specific items + the 60 for the currently playing character.

In reality, some classes have more than 60 + equipped slots worth of class-specific items (I’m looking at you crusaders), and so some class-specific items end up staying around in the stash even when that character isn’t playing.

It is a small pain when I switch characters, but that isn’t that often for me, I tend to focus on one class for a bit before switching.

2 Likes

Reviving this so those who think we should get more stash space can read why we cannot.

The game plays better the less you have in your stash anyway due to less lag.
The only reason I can see the game needing to load your stash is to see what legendary gems you have so they don’t give you multiples on beating an RG…easy solution is to just drop everything in town, sort through it all when you’re ready stop playing and only keep the good stuff.
Or get the dev’s to only have the legendary gems from your stash being loaded into memory, but what do I know.

1 Like

I’ve been playing the game since 2014 and I don’t need any more stash space…shared items are in my stash and I have my toons geared up wearing a build whilst mules carry other build gear for classes…3/4 mules can carry all gear for all other builds for all other toons I play with.

I’d rather do that instead of lagging the game more and making load times longer.

1 Like