Crimson DH? whats that?

i saw some DH crimson build, how good is that? currently sitting at GR90 and only have 35%CD, so i wonder if the crimson build gonna help me push further. I only came back few days ago so help me bro :slight_smile:

UE/CC build is a build that uses revamped Captain Crimson set (at season 18) + RoRG to get both the set bonuses instead of burst of CE. Revamped CC set gives a chunk of CDR and RCR, and also increases damage, defense through them. I’m not pro enough to explain every detail/difference between the two, but you would definitely push further with adding CC into your gear. On season 18, I was able to push to gr105 as UE/CC without augments.

Difference between your build and the current most popular build is, it also uses Squirt’s Necklace (which was also revamped in season 18). It now gives 100% dmg as long as your hp doesn’t get hit, but also increases your dmg taken by 50% (builds up to 10 stacks, loses all when hit, start to build up again). Wraps of Clarity on your wrist and Visage of Gunes in your cube slot, as you don’t need RCR as much as before.

CC set consists of belt, pants, and legs. You have get a new plan from doing bounties and such, not with the old one.

Oh, and most people go Topaz in helm. I had to go Diamond because my shoulder slot didn’t have CDR (preferred to enchant AD), so I was little short on it.
And you should go Stricken instead of Powerful. I start noticing a huge time sink in killing RG around gr90 or something.

1 Like

How good? Well, I did GR100 in S18.
Just one ancient, no augmentation, paragon 700.

I used Squirt+SOJ+COE. Free from EW and F&R.

1 Like

is it possible to get primal from the armor shop? or use zoltun to get primal.

Craftable items cannot be reforged.

Yes, you can craft primals. I have a primal Sage boot.

Season start i will be running CC and UE with squirts, RoRG, SoJ and Zodiac. Gems will be Zeis, Wildebeest and Taeguk.

Cubed we will have Echoing Fury, Prides and whichever of the 3 rings above is weakest.

Diamonds all round for toughness and Topaz in the helm for RCR / damage reduction. I will be abusingbthe hell out of broken crom to get my gem stash up asap. With the seasonal skill this time around it should be insane. I just hope there is enough rcr to keep up my strafe and multi.

I ran it as farming build last season and was very impressed with the speed, and will be running it exclusively for the first few days as i gather gear, gems and cash.

After that i need to decide which will be my push build. I will roll another char or 2 for that (HC).
The only thing that I really dont want to play is Rapid Fire. I find the extreme amounts of fishing required for high GR clear tedious to the point of hatimgvthe build for it.

No, not Taeguk.

It is for channelling skills only. UE MS won't benefit from it. It does work with Strafe though.

I suggest these gems for UE+CC+Squirt: Zei, Wildbeast, and Trapped.
Cube: Dawn, Visage of Gunes (for toughness), RoRG
CC3 already provide enough RCR. The RCR of Pride doesn’t provide so much toughess as VoG. VoG is more consistent (you should have perm vengeance).

For HC, consider Elusive or Unity for more toughness.
For SC, you may consider cubing Magefist for damage.
For speed farm, swap Trapped to other gems.

This is my UE build for EU HC in S18, just for your reference:
https://www.d3planner.com/115126842
I didn’t spend much time in HC, so I didn’t push to extend. I did GR89 in 7:40. Then went back to SC.

Taeguk’s has a 2 second cooldown timer before it drops off. Strafe builds the stacks, and you can fire off 2 multishot volleys (3 with a connection better than my 150ms at best) before it falls off. With a speed shrine you can add 1 to your volley number.

With Taeguks my sheet dps rises from 1.4M to 2.2M. Throw in echoing fury and it rises to 3.4M. Toughness is 500M+ with wraps active, but for lower GR i run warzechians for even more speed. Literally just logged my char on for the first time in 2 months and two GR80 done, 2.5 mins each for sub-optimal maps with 1200 para. Shame thatvthe char will be deleted on Friday as per every season.

I have never done the math, but it works. Trust me - or better still, try it rather than just straight out stating that it is wrong. Its like trying to tell some of the master stutter-steppers that hexing pants dont work for UE because you have to be moving for the bonus.

If i decide to drop Prides for VoG in the cube, swap to dark heart and utilise focus for hatred return, then i can push this to 1B toughness.

You can get primals four (actually 5) ways:

—Find them
—Kadals/shards
—Recipe 2 in cube, reroll ancient
—Recipe 3 in cube, craft yellow

As pointed out by PMG you can also get them through Haedrig when you craft an item

edited: to incorporate PMG’s comment.

You can most definitely also get them from Haedrig. I have primal CC pants and he’s the only source for crafted items.

So it’s not just “four” ways…

Yes, you’re right. I have primal Sage from him. Thank you for pointing that out.

For the UE/MS build, adding CC is at least a 10 level grift bump.

Not quite 10 GRs but adding CC for sure helps a bit to climb a few GRs higher.

Compared to the previous UE MS meta, the difference was losing the Witching Hour and the ring slot in cube (CoE) in exchange for the CC set which almost offsets the damage loss but with a gain of roughly 3x toughness (from the high RCR the build has). This added toughness let players gear more aggressively in other areas and did indeed push the GR level higher, but not by 10.

The other massive change to the build was from the introduction of the Squirt’s Necklace power which was massive for damage compared to the Hellfire Amulet used prior to its existence.

2 Likes

I think the 10 GRift improvement is mainly a player may get their own mileage.

Before Captain Crimson’s buff, I had trouble beating GRift 100 with UE. I think my highest was something like a 97 or 98.

However, after Crimson’s was improved, I beat a 116 just last week. During the Season, I had beat a 113 but I couldn’t be sure how much that had to do with combined sets or the season theme.

But out of season, I beat a 116 and get relatively close to finishing a 117 but not quite, so that’s a 20 GRift Tier improvement for me.

It basically comes down to the fact that Captain Crimsons basically doubles your toughness and since GRift damage progresses at a much slower pace than GRift health, your damage resistance improves by 20 to 30 GRift Tiers.

For me, the improvement was vast because I no longer have the feeling that any hit from a mob could kill me. In other words, working Crimson’s into UE is a much more forgiving playstyle than it was before.

But this is just my experience.

Edit: After re-reading your post I notice that you basically say the same thing, so it’s nice that I find out that my mileage is in line with your thinking.

1 Like

can any1 look at my gear now and how to improve on the squirt necklace? i managed to mess up, i thought rama gift can socket necklace but i screwed so hard. I managed to get a decent roll on 10% cc 97% cd on squirt but i cant put a gem on it lol

anyway hows my gear look so far?

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. Forum Code of Conduct - Blizzard Support

That Yangs is very nice, Gratz!

On your DML, you don’t need CDR. You have a CDR roll on your shoulders and that will work since you are wearing Capt. Crunch.

Reapers is an interesting choice. Are you having resource management issues if you use Wraps of Clarity?

You really should have a gem in your amulet. Missing a lot of damage without one. Go ahead and roll CHC to socket and hunt a new amulet.

Roll Hungering Arrow off of your belt.

As you only have the two gems, Zeis is probably better than B of Powerful.

It is probably time to switch emeralds to diamonds in your gear.

Switch Steady Aim or Awareness to Ballistics.

Hope this helps.