Crashing when entering a Greater Rift

Game froze (stopped responding) when I entered a Greater Rift. This has happened more than once, and it’s quite annoying losing a Greater Rift Key with no reward.
I have seen this crash in the same exact place in the game multiple times. I’m running minimal background programs and have the latest graphics driver. I’m pretty sure this is a game issue not something on my end. Otherwise I wouldn’t have bothered reporting it.
It just happened again after reporting it. Froze the second the Greater Rift loaded. Only place this is happening to me.

Is this happening to anyone else?

First thing to try is to check for corrupted files (I’ve had similar issues to what you’re experiencing caused by this). Open up your Bnet client to the Diablo 3 tab.

Where the big blue “Play” button is, you’ll see a gear icon just to the side of it. Click to open that menu, then select “scan and repair”.

This may take some time, but it’s a good place to start when you’re having issues like this. It either fixes the issue, or it rules out issue with the installation.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I’ve already tried that, and encountered the same crash afterwards.

1 Like