Crashing on 64bit client

Hello. The game crashes during gameplay if I run the 64bit client. Here’s the dxdiag on pastebin.
From reading similar posts, I’ve already tried:

• updating all drivers
  • reinstalling/repairing the game, even on a different hard drive
  • resetting In-game options through the launcher
  • running as administrator
  • disabling firewall/antivirus
  • disabling sound
  • running on lowest/highest graphics settings
  • changing windows power settings

It runs on the 32-bit client, but for some reason it takes anywhere from several secods to several minutes for everything to “load”. For example if I open my inventory it will appear empty, but i can mouse-over the items that should be there and their tooltip will appear, sometime later the icons load. If I close and reopen the inventory, even if in the same instant, it happens again. Anyway, I would like to play the 64bit version.

When I attempted to view your dxdiag, I got a “Forbidden(#403)” error and the following message.

Error, this is a private paste or is pending moderation. If this paste belongs to you, please login to Pastebin to view it.

2 Likes

Sorry, should be working now.

Hi:

Yep, I can see it now :slight_smile:

In 64-bit mode, how long does it run before crashing ?

• Does it crash before you get to the main menu ?
  • Does it crash after pressing Start Game but before you can see your hero standing in town ?
  • Do you get an error message, or a crash ID number (a long code in hexadecimal) ?
  • When it crashes, does it kick you out of Diablo III ? or are you back to the main menu ?
  • When did it start crashing like that ? what changed on your computer just before that ?

Could it be overheating ? See this support article about checking for overheating:

2 Likes
  • Sometimes it runs for a couple of seconds, before the main menu even loads, sometimes I can log in and play for about a minute.
  • There’s no error message, and no log on D3 folders. It kicks me out of D3 to my desktop screen.
  • Honestly the last time I played D3 was on season 19 or 18, can’t remember, so basically a lot has changed on my computer/life. Computer-wise, upgraded all my hardware. Recently nothing has changed, installed a clean copy of the game and it has been happening ever since.
  • I monitored my temps during gameplay using HWiNFO64, it never went above 45ºC for the GPU, 30ºC for the CPU. Crashed on the lobby screen.

EDIT: Monitored again during a 32bit gameplay session, never went above 50ºC for the GPU, same thing as before for the CPU. Played for about 30 minutes, counting idle time and a couple of rifts.

You shouldn’t have to run the game in 32-bit mode.

Have you tried closing down all the applications running in the background ? see:

Try to launch the game in its normal (64-bit) mode…

2 Likes

Will try as soon as I get back home! If it helps diagnosing, games I recently played with this same hardware/software were NoMansSky, World of Warcraft, Starcraft 2.

EDIT: Hello good night. I have just disabled everything there was to disable on the startup tab in the task manager, played for about 40secs and crashed again. I’m running out of ideas :frowning:

EDIT2: Well, it seems the problem is solved. Even though I disabled every possible application and process on the last step, I tried completely uninstalling a few things. At first I tried going back a few months on my GPU driver. It didn’t work and I updated it back again to the most recent driver. Then I uninstalled my bank’s application and it’s security app (Itaú Bank - a Brazilian bank - and Warsaw, it’s security app), rebooted and voila, managed to successfully play for almost an hour.

Thank you @Boubou for the replies :slight_smile: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Good job !! I’m glad you could find the source of the issue…

I hope the removal of your bank’s application and its security app won’t inconvenience you too much. I suppose you could create a separate admin account on your PC to play Diablo III… an account that wouldn’t load those 2 apps.

Best of luck in your games !

1 Like

Wouldn’t that still cause compatibility issues?
Even though I set the app not to load on startup, the game would still crash, so even if I install it only for one account on my PC the app would still be installed on the same HD.

Hi:

It might or might not… I think you would need to try to see.

Create the new admin account first and log into it to check that D3 runs ok.

Then switch to your normal account and install the 2 apps that were causing the issue; check whether there is an option to install only to the active account, not all accounts. Launch D3 and confirms it still crashes.

Then switch to the new admin account and check if you can still play D3.

Good luck !

1 Like