Crafting in HC - Useful?

Somebody can tell me is crafting more useful in HC than in SC? If he does somebody can give me tips about how to craft in HC? Thanks.

The Blacksmith (Haedrig)

Offers a select few sets once you find the designs. Some are used to compliment top-end builds, while others make farming a little easier when combined with a class set.

Blacksmith Guide

Artisan Plans Guide

Kanai’s Cube (Zoltun Kuule)

Crafting with Kanai’s Cube, you can make just about anything with enough time and materials.

Kanai’s Cube Video Guide (YouTube)

In short, both modes benefit greatly from both types of crafting. It’s a great way to target items you haven’t been able to find.

Some people even use it as the primary form of gearing up.

Good luck! :smiling_imp:

Hello,
The most general way to find crafting gear is to do regular Nephalem rifts while collecting Greater Rift Keys. This is to find the basic gear setup and enchanting.

The next step is to gather gold to upgrade gems faster with Empowered Greater Rifts. Speed builds are much more efficient. You can work on your progress later because having speed is much more fun. However, some people do enjoy having a lot of monsters to hit on the big screen. Generally, don’t need to Augment your gear until Greater Rift 90+.

The last stage is bounties for cache rewards. Crafting the perfect gear. The amulet is one of the most difficult items to find. Good luck.

Both Kadala and the Cube are useless. You could do multiple bounties for a month straight and still come up with nothing from both, well Kadala will seldom throw you a bone. I have better luck with drops running T16 Rifts and greater than 75 GR’s.

I craft only what I need in HC. It’s most cost effective getting your weapon and off hand as there are only so many options when upgrading rares.

You can also gamble ancients so it’s great for getting ancient replacements for weapon and offhand.

Depending on what you find on your way up the GR ladder informs how much crafting you might do, but generally it’s most efficient to get something in the slot, rather than best in slot items. If you play HC seasons it’s better to save mats til the last couple days to start rolling for better ancients/primals because most power increase in GRs comes from grinding out paragon lvls and cubing gems onto items