Craftin ancient/primals

reforge legendary or upgrade rare ??

Which one works best for you ?

Both of these recipes results in a new legendary being created. The new one has exactly the same chance of being each rarity as if it had dropped from a mob, i.e.

• 1 in 400 = primal ancient legendary
  • 40 in 400 = ancient legendary
  • 359 in 400 = legendary

The difference between the two recipes is that you know exactly which legendary you’re going to get from the reforge recipe. The upgrade recipe picks an item from the loot pool of legendaries in that category. So, you have less chance of getting the “right” legendary with the upgrade recipe. Use the upgrade recipe until you have a couple of the right legendary you want, then reforge one of them until you get a well rolled one. Equip that, then use the spare one for further re-rolls.

1 Like

By far I prefer Upgrade over Reforge as the costs in materials is significantly lower.

I try to avoid using Reforge as often as possible and pretty much use it only once per season, as a requirement.

But, then, I hate bounties when playing solo and even with 2 people, it is not any better. If I had a 4-man group, maybe Reforge would be more optimal… but it is currently not.

2 Likes