'*' Cow Level '*'

Will you remove the limitation to only run the cow level once?

This change is probably never going to happen with the original game, however there is always the possibility they may change this limitation with Diablo 2:Resurrected.

To retain the ability to keep running the cow level, don’t kill the Cow King. It’s also recommend to avoid playing public multiplayer cow level games, as someone may accidentally or intentionally kill the Cow King, which if they are in your party at the time of death would prevent you from being able to open the level in the future. The Cow King is found inside of a wooden fort that can be located anywhere on the map.

3 Likes

I’m not super passionate about the cow king restriction either way. I can usually keep my king alive but also don’t know how enthusiastic I would be about killing the king with impunity.

Maybe a quest could be done to restore the ability to open the king portal (like pay a token of absolution) so that killing the king every time might not be in your best interest every game.

1 Like

Not that anyone has asked me, yet I do feel that there ought to be a greater number of warrior farm animals added to the secret cow area. Yet, that is an example of wishful thinking.

“Ⓣ๏ģ€丅Ⓗⓔ尺, ω𝓔 ω𝐈Ł𝕃 ∂𝓔𝓪𝔩 ωᶤ𝕋𝓱 丅Ħ𝑜𝕊𝐄 𝓱Ǘмαᑎ𝓼!”
:crossed_swords:> :goat: :pig2: :racehorse: :chicken: < :crossed_swords:

:alien: :dolphin:

3 Likes

Surely you don’t speak of the mighty chicken, Mother Clucker the Foul?..

2 Likes

The problem with the current mechanic is that party members can kill the King and you’re toast just as much as they are. As a minimum, that ought to be removed.

Another way out would be to make the Cow King’s loot table no different to any other Cow, making killing him or not, irrelevant.

Failing that, some way of “re-enabling” the Cow King (for a cost) would work.

I like the concept that only the one who kills the king can no longer open the portal. Just don’t let one jerk ruin it for everyone, Blizzard

ever tried not playing in a party

or playing a lightning based character with no merc?

or having a dedicated opener character`?