Cow level removed it looks like

From the geek culture article (can’t post links)

More impressively, the team’s commitment to replicating authenticity extends to the smallest of detail. While existing bugs and glitches will be fixed, a handful of Diablo II’s quirks are set to carry over to the remake, so non-breaking exploits like knowing where to stand in a certain boss fight and not take a single ounce of damage have all been included, except the [“secret cow” level, which won’t be making a return.

1 Like

There never was a cow level. :slight_smile:

33 Likes

So googled the article and they don’t back it up with a quote, I call BS no one properly remastering D2 would exclude secret cow level… like hello?

Here is the excerpt from the article:

" More impressively, the team’s commitment to replicating authenticity extends to the smallest of detail. While existing bugs and glitches will be fixed, a handful of Diablo II ’s quirks are set to carry over to the remake, so non-breaking exploits like knowing where to stand in a certain boss fight and not take a single ounce of damage have all been included, except the [“secret cow” level], which won’t be making a return."

2 Likes

Lol. Slaying Hell Bovines was iconic though. I guess they are removing it to keep more with the theme of the game, hope they add another area though. Cows were great for multiplayer leveling in normal once you hit about 20.

What? Why would they get rid of this?

6 Likes

How do you guys not get the joke that there is no secret cow level? Come on

23 Likes

there is no cow level

13 Likes

Can’t return if it never existed

15 Likes

Yeah seems like article took statement out of context when I read the ign story. Oopsie, hah!

1 Like

Ya I stumbled on this fact from gamerbrave’s site. I believe you can google the article there.

I went ahead and pre-ordered this game based solely on this decision alone. I mean this was the confirmation that I needed to reassure quality of purchase. Of course this doesn’t guarantee anything.

There’s no such thing as Cow Level in D2.

3 Likes

Cow level has been confirmed, but with a new layer of difficulty… invisible cows!

Damn it, Maccartney and those PETA fanatics will ruin this game aswell…

there is NO cowlevel ! thats why there will be a cow level ! it’s just that, there wont be a cowlevel, so be happy and look forward for a cow level.
is it that hard to understand ?

1 Like

I have never heard of this cow level thing before. What is that supposed to be.
I also never entered it and never killed a non-existing cowking accidentally.

Since you could unlock the whole game in the alpha (the levels were black except in legacy mode) I am sure people even went into this place that most certainly doesn’t exist.

1 Like

Maybe they are confusing it with that cow level in diablo 3. Diablo 2 never had cow level.

1 Like

Yeah right whats this then "Diablo II- The Secret Cow Level - YouTube":man_facepalming:

no cow king plzzzzz!

1 Like

That was a bug which was completely removed very soon after that video was taken. There is no cow level.

Yeah right I played in that So Called Bug This Summer Pull my other :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:leg why don’t you:man_facepalming: