Couldn't wait! ;-)

So, I purchased the original from the website, downloaded it, and now playing Diablo II: LOD on Battle.net.

It’s a ghost town. If anyone wants to join me, I’ll be playing an Amazon named, Dvd_Bowiezon.

Love to help new players!

12 Likes

If you haven’t already, check out Sven’s Glide Wrapper. It makes the game look better, enables all graphics options, allows you to do windowed mode AND lock the mouse to the window. Even if you don’t lock the mouse, the game window doesn’t auto minimize if you click outside of the window. You can do full screen@ desktop resolution to avoid the delay of your monitor switching resolution modes. It’s fantastic, I don’t play D2 without it.

I’ve created a setup guide to walk through getting it setting it up.

Have fun! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

On which realm are you playing?

1 Like

I don’t know how to switch realms, so I have no idea. It’s been so long. I’ll try to refresh my knowledge.

You might try looking for me under my new User Name: DrewfusMaximus.

1 Like

If you’re on west, that’s why it’s a ghost town. East is more populated. West has been causing many players issues for a long time.

3 Likes

I’m on US East, and I figured out how to switch realms. Still need to discover names of realms, though.

Hey you can try our discord, i notice some people from us are playing it on battle net and we have nice growing community.

1 Like

It should be:
US East, US West, Europe & Asia.
At least those were the ones a couple of years ago.

Anyways, US X is not my hometurf, so you will have to do without me.

Ghost Town and hard as hell to get on and the servers are Sllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I know I refused to touch D2 shortly after D2R news, mainly to try my best and forget about whatever I can. Also the knowledge that D2R is on the horizon makes any effort in D2 for me feel wasteful, but that’s more me than anything.

A 3 month coma would be convenient but financially or physically isn’t a viable option…

4 Likes

My inner childlike impatient Diablo 2 player: Is it September 23rd yet?
No.
5 minutes later: Is it September 23rd yet?
NO.
5 minutes later: Is it…
NO!!!11!1
5 minutes later, I go check the Diablo forums for any news.

:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

You remember that episode of SouthPark where cartman tries to crygenically freeze himself to speed up the wait for the nintendo wii? That’s me right now.

4 Likes

When I read the previous comment that very South Park episode was the first thing I thought of!

Remember that your SP toons will be convertible to the D2R format.
So time spent on your SP toons isn’t wasted.

1 Like

Believe me that has crossed into my mental calculations more than one time :slight_smile: , but I am generally a online only player, I do enjoy single but like trading, rushing, doing services, pvp (at least revenge pvp), lobby, all that jazz.

2 Likes

Lost mine years ago. Never ported them from PC to PC. Still its a nice feature.

1 Like