Cosmetic Transactions(FX)

I Would Like to Make a Post About Micro transactions for D2 WHY?
D2 Has some of thee Coolest, “Special Effects” Blizzard should really Consider Given the community the Ability to Buy Cosmetic special effects Via Micro Transactions.
these could Be Implemented in the form of Small charms That are BoP…
MOST players Will Never see these Kinda Special FX all together unless they’re playing single player/closed Battle net. IMO Blizzard would MAKE a KILLING of Micro transactions for Special effects THAT Doesn’t Change the Game @ all @ it’s Core! Please Consider this. additional Feedback from the community welcome…
If you’d Like to see an I.E of some of these special effects… check link

I Don’t Support the Hacking of Items Via Closed battle net, I’m STRICTLY Talking about the Special Effects- I.e. a Small charm that turn your Gear into “Whites Or Blacks” So you Look Like you have SIgons Armour on But you don’t !!
I WOULD PAY $$ For these Kinda PERM Special FX on MY toon![Visual of Special FX][image](file:///C:/Users/ROYALREPAIR/Desktop/SFX.png)

Please never encourage gouging customers for one art asset x $5 blizzard bucks.

if you can’t afford that 5$ just Like POE they have a rich man setup and a setup for the Poor man!

It’s not about whether or not we let big wallets buy up everything, it’s whether or not you actually like that crap, I go into PoE and I feel like I am on geocities being hit by unpolished hideous looking UI constantly trying to reach into my wallet so I can put gold on my sword.

For the „poor“ man? Most players are not poor but simply do not want to spend that amount of money for virtual stuff in a full price game. POE is ftp.

You Could Either Choose to Play for free w.o the special FX or with them that’d be your choice, Blizzard has for along time struggled to make money from its titles after release because they lack micro transactions. this would Make D2R More Viable for the Long term via the revenue it could generate it’d keep thee Support for the game HIGH ended instead of on the low end.

Struggled to make AS much money as they want, they are certainly not losing money :slight_smile:

Ah yes. You did post this in another thread.

I do not think you are going to find many players who agree with you and want MTX in Diablo 2 R.

3 Likes

EVERYONE WHO IS ANYONE HAS Covered this 1 topic, - Micro transactions, + My idea Doesn’t Effect the Game Negatively @ all. Nothing Via Mechanics would Be Changed Nothing at the core… D2 would still be D2. It’d Just Look better all the way around and Players that wanted to support Blizzard Instead of 3rd Party sites COULD, Because lets face it when D2R comes out The 3rd party sites will still be there selling diablo 2 items for real Money while Blizzard makes ZERO of D2 after First purchase… this Ideal Makes D2 Viable for another 20 years with far Better support that could be dedicated too the project.

Regardless if No one agrees with me, Idc the concept of this ideal is Viable for the Long term which could have many benefits for players and employees Blizz could even make it an option to shut of FX so you can’t se them on your screen…
I would Pay for this & i know others would 2…

Do I have access to these cosmetics by playing the game, or is my only route to buy it? If I can only buy it, you now put up a barrier to an look, the more you do it the more barriers, eventually everyone is running around with cool effects making vanilla ones look boring, hey guess I gotta buy these purdy items.

Why even entertain this idea, they make huge bank on sales, hell D2R will make more money than ever, you don’t need these gimmicks, just add more options to the game, it seriously is not that hard to change a texture colour to red.

1 Like

I Love the Idea Behind the Color schemes Like your described abit here, That’s what Makes this thread here such a Hot topic imo Many players want that Blue/Green/Red Pelt druid helm,
and YES ALL thee FX would Be From the Game it self, So anything I had Equipped as a Visual would be something from the game alrdy. and I wouldn’t be the one setting the Prices, that’d be Blizzard. But POE made sets of Cosmetic Fx they’re Charging Hundreds of dollars for, NO I’m NOT asking for a System Like that I’m Looking for More Isolated Individual FX so you’d Have to Buy more then 1 to get the look your looking for. but if they were reasonably priced this wouldn’t be a Bad feature 5$ from 5 million ppl is alot of money, which brings us Back around to the Idea, Everyone would have these - Yes Most would But there are SO many different FX the Custom element of it Could be Spectacular everyone could Look different, This is a Norm thing in POE I realize you didn’t care for that aspect But I Personally Really Dig the Animation fx being utilized to the fullest.

Why do you randomly use caps? Can’t even read your post.

Are you doing it on purpose or using something that auto caps every second or so?

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear you have problems reading,

I could read that sentence! Good job, thank you for adjusting.

1 Like

You are inviting a system like that, that’s my argument, you don’t even need to have this as an option, let’s pretend this horrifying experiment of charging people for easy to change digital items at exorbitant prices never happened. I see your side Killer, I love the idea in principle, but no company, especially PoE has shown they can do it in a way that doesn’t encourage big whale wallets from having access to more of the game than people who don’t. I just don’t even think it should be brought up as an option. It’s like the games as a service fallacy, it is not good for anyone.

If programming or graphic design was mysterious and we couldn’t see switching out a textures colour in 1 minute and charging $5 for it, then multiplied by the number of people buying it, this 1 minute work netted 20k easy, of coarse they love the idea. Now sure some require actual redesign, but never at the prices listed, and it’s not like these 1’s and 0’s are unique one of a kind items we get to keep IRL. I dunno madness to me that it’s a way to run a company.

1 Like

GREAT start at the top and scroll down! :smiley: :rofl: :joy: :kissing_heart:

I do wish for more choices though, and microTX have been the way they do it, I just don’t like it at all :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Many ppl don’t, I Personally wish Blizzard would Add an act 6 and second uber fight tbh. I love D2 it’s a Legendary game but imo I’d Like more then just thee updated Graphics/fps with some Visual changes. at least if they made a act 6 or even end game difficulty i feel it’d be something new and fresh to enjoy for everyone. I hope this will be something they explore after release if they’re expecting peeps to play for another 20 years, Hence why I mentioned about the Micro’s to Extend the support on Longevity of the game.

Yup I agree, would be nice, hope they do based on sales, maybe try to squeeze in some odd side quests to do that doesn’t effect story or fills in gaps they can. I would say just hope for the old game with better graphics and improved QoL, anything else that comes along is gravy. Diablo 4 is coming soon, it will be the next step.

Act 4 has always been slim, can add portals to other parts of those maps, certainly would need a new boss of some kind that doesn’t altar anything, maybe Diablo’s twin brother everyone forgot about and had no effect until now, we find him, both surprised about eachother, we slay him, no one even knew he existed.

Call him Biadlo