#ConsolePlayersMatter

I mean I’ve never been much of a PC gamer period but other than the differences in how the game was made for console (hopefully they rectify that in D4 and they are exactly the same) I don’t see how it’s better I mean I dont get wrist issues with a controller but I can tell that moving to certain areas or targeting enemies is much easier and precise with a mouse.

Hopefully they allow mouse/keyboard for the consolers on D4 and a controller for the pc gamers as well.

I’d say there’s pros and cons to both but it’s hard to see because the same game itself is so different between the two. But to me it seems to be precision vs comfort but the ability to choose between both on the same platform would be awesome.

I can agree that gaming pcs typically have more capability; However, D3 runs just fine on current generation PS4 and Xbox One. So what specific inferiority might you be referring to? After all consoles are nothing more than computers themselves. Take a hard look at the specs for the
Next gen consoles.

We console players are people, not suposed inferior hardware.

The whole point of this topic is to shed light on the apparent lack of equal inclusion for console players within the blizzard community. Instead of getting mad and throwing around insults, I thought it might be more productive to take a more sensible path.

Please help show your support to help console players be heard. Drop a comment, like, share a link to this thread, or spread the word If you would.

7 Likes

Specifically, the interface. The mouse/keyboard combination will always be superior to the gamepad controller.

Who’s mad? I called consoles inferior to PCs for D3 for the reason stated above. Nothing more.

1 Like

Superior to some in the ways I mentioned but when it comes to being comfortable and even having the back buttons I disagree, I say the joysticks themselves are the only downfall. But this is a clash of opinions it would seem like.

Actually I find the joystick much easier than the mouse to control movement, and buttons are much more easily located on the controller for use.

The real downside of console play is the frame rate which affects things like the curses conquest, perhaps the rate of fire from GoD for DH (not that this really matters much as its still potent) picking up specific items in a group of items can be problematic.

Yes NGs do not work the same giving the PC the edge but overall play is much easier I think with console and the controller vs mouse and keyboard…

3 Likes

There is a reason why D4 will support gamepads on PC.

Nuff Said.

Yes, I wish that Blizz would post here more often or ever but this is an OLD AF game, they barely post on the rest of the board too to be honest.

2 Likes

Easier but do you think it’s more precise? That’s kind of what I was getting at but if easier mean like a mixture of precision and being comfortable I agree.

1 Like

precision mentioned by picking up specific items…you want the dbs and nt the 4=6 items around them…or searching for that perfect place to stand to pick up the gems only. It’s not insurmountable.

Oh one other thing…stash interface on console frankly sucks compared to PC, but that’s not really related to gameplay.

With the mouse…my HC DHs are like moths to flames and get pegged by fireballs…on the console I can more easily dodge (without the left stick) by maneuvering through.

The section of my text that you quoted, when posting the above response, was in a seperate paragraph, meaning no context outside of that paragraph should be inferred. You also chopped the originating sentence in half, discluding the comma and following contextual words. I was not making any claims to the state of anyone’s emotional position. I was merely trying to convey that I was attempting to avoid getting mad and casting insults, as that would be counter productive to the goal of the original post.

I am attempting to maintain some level of order and common decency within this topic as people tend to derail a topic via poor conduct; That being said, demonstrating the desire for composure in my own replies will hopefully encourage others to attempt the same.

3 Likes

Does it matter if we play on PC or Console. I think we should be able to post and discuss builds. Kinda sad we can only post in the console forum. I know sometimes our builds differ from console from PC but they are basically the same. #consoleplayersmatter.

4 Likes

I like your proposal, but i’m sure nothing changes. That’s the reason why i completely moved to reddit, where i can post everywhere, insert links, builds and so on.
#CPM

1 Like

I don’t use reddit myself. We might want to start a reddit thread connected to this topic.

It is true that every platform has a way of cheating whether it be, botting, THud, modded items in seasons on switch, save editor on ps4, or save scumming on consoles in general. Regardless, anyone who plays D3 paid for the game and should have equal access to the forums so our opinions can be heard and we can hold civil discussions. Thank you.

6 Likes

The main issue with reddit is that it continuously moves posts off. It doesn’t matter if every single person who’s ever played Diablo 3, which includes the PC & Console, upvotes it, within 48 hours the post will be buried, never to be seen again. At least on the forums, as long as people continuously respond, it will be here.

Now, I do think the Trust Levels are a bit too stringent. And, I understand there’s going to be abuse of images, YouTube, etc. But you’d figure Blizzard could expand some trusted websites, that could help with builds. It would be nice if there could even be a way we could take verified screenshots that aren’t even locally saved.

3 Likes

Just coming in to say, we hear you all.

The issue doesn’t lie in the fact that we value PC more than Console or Console over PC. The player base is everywhere.

Verification of licenses for the game becomes difficult on third party forums so the licenses are restricted to the general discussion forums for those that we can verify as owning the game. This is why there is a separate Console Discussion so that those who do play that we can’t verify have homes for their topics/issues/etc.

We will see if we can find a better way at doing this in the future with the forums. I agree, it would be great if everyone could be able to post together.

15 Likes

Appreciate the response! Why not have us use a verification through our consoles as almost every console has browser access if I’m not mistaken. Or even text/email verification while also connected to our console accounts. I know it may be hard to get something like this before D4 comes out but it would be awesome nonetheless.

@PezRadar I too appreciate you stopping by.

I am aware that it can be difficult to verify liscenses; However, when D3 first launched back in 2013 on consoles, there was a built in function within the game that allowed us to link our accounts. When we linked our accounts, we received the Signet Ring of the Blizzard. Everytime I made a new character, I would receive a new ring. Somewhere down the line, that stopped and the ability to link our xbox account to blizzard account was removed from the game. So my point is, we used to be able to. What changed? Why have we gone so long now without?

Your explaination for restriction to general discussion is somewhat understandable, but what about our restriction to participating in class specific forums? These restrictions seem to ostracize us console players.

I really do hope that some middle ground can be acheived, if not a complete resolution to this issue as we continue on.

Again, thank you for stopping by, need a broom?

So if that is the fact then why are not the Community Managers ensuring they engage with the Console players in here like you do in General if we cannot post in there?

You say you don’t value one platform over the other yet there is zero interaction or posts from CM’s in here for years when we have legitimate posts on feedback, constructive criticism etc.

You can’t say one thing and do another and that is exactly what we feel. Sure, it will get sorted for D4 as online saves will mean you will be able to verify but where does that leave us D3 community console members?

Is it too much to ask for feedback on the console version? In interacting with the Console community you may find the repeated posts stop and at least we are placified in knowing we have at least been heard.

8 Likes

This sounds weird to me, as we are registered via E-Mail in this forum. We got a “battletag” like all PC players. To verify us is so easy as we can’t use f.a.k.e mails to register. I don’t see the problem.

3 Likes

Verifying an email address is one thing, verifying that we infact purchased the game and and have a legitamate copy of the game/license is another. I still don’t know why it’s so hard to do though.