#ConsolePlayersMatter

This might be a good opportunity to ask the blizzard team why they havent created a D2R console forum yet…

1 Like

Wonder if mods have seen enough fake account content and two way spam to encourage them to escalate the need for forum accounts to be linked to licenses.

Tried to have some genuine discussion on the lobby topic in one thread (the point of forums, no?).

Any meaningful conversation is just getting lost in never-ending scrolling spam. There are other genuine users trying to contribute on both sides of the debate, but it’s being dominated by a b$^ching fest with any legitimate feedback for devs being drowned out in exchanges of pretty boring personal attacks.

I hate to make the following suggestion, but it very well may be needed:

Report all D2R posts as not belonging in this forum.

Did I see they set something up for D2R players? A beta forum I think … not sure if thats a long term prospect for them and/or if there’s something else coming? Haven’t followed it closely.

It may help adding to attention on the issues, doing as you say. Be interesting if it leads them to a decision around is this a catchall for all console or not … it could prove to be sadly. All of d2 is structured under a d3 page… they probably like the cross advertisement that goes with that for now.

Yeah, there is a d2r forum, but unlike D3, there is no console forums and users have the same requirements as regular D3 forums of having purchased a liscensed PC copy of the game.

I opened a ticket with Blizzard about me having access to the D2r forums and they said, we cant verify you bought a copy… i said yes, look - Its on my blizzard account as purchased and look, another screen shot of me playing in the closed beta (before open beta), I asked how much proof do you need I bought a copy… they said they dont handle the forums, its up to another group.

Sigh…

2 Likes

That just sums up Blizzard very well…

2 Likes

Good on you for having a go.

Proceduralised and scripted departments. Sounds like there wasnt a channel presented to you to chat with a decision maker / someone prepared to shake up the status quo for improvement. Can be difficult to find that path sometimes in a lot of large companies.

1 Like

Activision is complete trash. They have tainted Blizzard with their greed.

1 Like

Is there a development on the forum license validation side for d2r? I bought it yesterday just to have a look around and d2 was like along with their shiny front end on top of it now. Load it up today and the game’s linking to the battlenet account.

Today we also see the forum announcement… so I wonder and go over for a look to see if they’ve got it sorted, but still says you must own d2r to post here.

Wonder what’s going on here.

I don’t have D2R, don’t plan on getting it, but When i clicked the link from the announcement post, I randomly chose a topic to try to reply and it logged me in as EddieLMT automatically on the new D2R site.

I tried a once visible reply button too, it started to work, but didnt present a post input box and since then the reply buttons been gone.

Can you give me the name of the guy responsible for not deploying any Blizzard servers in South Africa? We are 7000 miles away from Europe, this tool needs to find a map of Earth and go do his Comptia Network+ so he can understand how latency works.

We likely have just as many or close to as many players as Aus/NZ, so why have we been left in the dark?

We have Azure, AWS, etc etc, there’s no technical excuse.

Catch a wake up, man, ffs.

WHO can we communicate to at Blizzard who isn’t a dopey CM/CS idiot who’s eyes glaze over when you start talking about latency or has anyone with more than two brain cells been driven out of the company already???

1 Like

I’m sure they have people that understand how far away South Africa is from Europe just fine. However, I bet they also have people that understand that they could only justify the initial setup costs, and ongoing operating costs of standing up a South African server instance if there were enough players there to warrant it.

They really don’t.

We really do have enough to justify hosting.

Don’t @ me please.

So they’ve pretty much copied the fail approach of an unvalidated catch all console forum over in d2r land with players there once again unable to post in general / class forums.

And this is even with the game linking to the battlenet account.

What gives Blizz? The battlenet link appears sorted on the client now, but your forum service is still operating in this antiquated way.

i would be happy to start w/ having a game that actually works. one that doesnt DC every 10 minutes. one that doesnt lock characters and make the game unplayable. features and QoL stuff is great. you wanna start a movement, start the #FixtheFcuknGame movement

1 Like

@pez aka blizzPRdispenser - LMFAO call the police… blizz has their hand so far up someone’s bum to cause them to publicly spew this nonsense, that it should be a crime.

console is an after thought cash grab. just at least be honest about it. and how about you tell blizz to deliver a WORKING game, huh?

1 Like

That’s pretty funny. I’m hearing Steve Carrell / Mark Baum in The Big Short. That show is hilarious.

Community reps have their place. Crashing games at launch are a pita, but we digress from d3 land.

sign out and back in.