Consideration about the S19 buff with old/slow computers

Hello, just to point out something I observed in the PTR. Keeping up the seasonal buff will be harder for people with old/slow computers. Things like going from one floor to the next in a rift takes more time than in a fast computer, enough to end the streak. I don’t think there’s much that the devs can do here, other than extending to 10 seconds or something like that the time to lose the streak (which I don’t think is a good idea).

Hmmm. So other than upgrading your PC what was the point?

i have a small amount of sympathy for you, as i have several friends not in a financial situation to handle getting a current gaming PC, but at the same time, i would never want to see a game modified for it.

they did that in World of Tanks because its mostly popular in eastern europe where people play games on PCs so old that my toaster has more processing power. it delayed the game getting a face lift for many years and forced their team to dedicate several years into system design constrained by poor performance that could have been better spent upgrading the game instead.

Unless you are running Windows Vista (which doesn’t support TRIM in the OS) the cheapest and best upgrade you can make is an SSD. A 1 TB can be had for under $100, 500 GB for about $50 and 250ish GB for about $35.