Compilation of Suggestions on Improving DH Builds

I am glad. That was the point of question.

1 Like

So I presume you also like the build and want it to be further buffed?
We finally got the toughness needed for it when using Captain Crimson, now we just need some more power to it.

I like DH class as a whole and I would love it to be further buffed. But we are not going to get that if we keep calling things pretty good while they are clearly not when compared to other classes.

Same here, and yes of course you are right.
I honestly really thought it was doing better than it was.

I did this observation like 3 weeks into season 18 when UE Multishot was up there with the other builds.
I could clearly see quite fast when I checked again after you asked that was not the case.

Absolutely agree. As probably the most popular class in the game, DH has never been strong compared with other class. We have never been in the part of 2p, 3p and 4p meta, neither exp runs. Impale seemed capable, but nec is just way better. DH is cool and fun to play, attracts lots of players, but it doesn’t mean it is a OP class. Actually, we are in a really bad position right now. We have no hope to be part of group play and the solo performance is also bad. I am pretty sure Barb, monk, wiz, crusader would be better than DH in terms of solo GR. For speed farming, every class have at least one viable build with comparable or higher efficiency than UE. UE is popular because people love it, but again it’s not the reason why DH hasn’t got any buff.

We should not say DH is good anymore. DH can’t join group play and is weak in solo GR. I can’t see any point that we are good right now.

To solve that, put UE in group exp run and Impale in 4p meta.
Add a new belt to UE to boost Rocket damage
Add a bracer to Impale for more attack speed and damage.

Yep, I totally agree that Crusader is better than Impale right now. That’s why we should ask for a buff to Impale. If they buff Impale to be better than Crusader in terms of single target damage. Then, DH could be RGK if players are pushing the limit (searching for single target boss). And Crusader could still be RGK if players want some easy runs. It will definitely increase the diversity in 4p meta. Two classes can compete for RGK position right now. DH and Crusader are both happy.

And the solution is fairly simple: Add a bracer to Impale: Increase Impale attack speed by 50% and damage by 150% (For sure, the number 150% is adjustable). Therefore, Impale could be a viable RGK and also a decent solo GR build (close to Barb, Monk, Crusader and Wiz).

Let’s not put on blinders and start stating a few things that aren’t exactly true.

Also just in general. For a thread to be constructive, the devs tend to like suggestions with clearly stated reasons as of why the suggestion should be made. Mentioning scenarios with positive and negatives are usually a plus as well. The more data/evidence we can bring to the table, the better (not just from avid players, but also casuals too).

Simply shouting we need buffs is
well
 obvious and not helpful feedback. They’ve already acknowledge that there are issues with “DH general performance”. At this point, they would be more concerned about which route to take based on player feedback and what’s feasible in an allotted time frame/resources.

What Varadia should start doing soon is make a list of things most commonly sought after by the DH community and consolidate it. That way, the devs have an idea of how players prefer to kill stuff, effectively of course.

DMKT did an excellent job of this during a PTR a few years back, and while not much came out of it for that patch, it was well organized.

And here I thought you wanted to make an early Season run :wink:

The DH community is amazing, this will be fun the whole way through.

Like Peewee suggested, all feedback/recommendations presented should target GR140-142 for higher paragon solo clears, with some specific direction for 4-man.

This means all of the recommendations in my old posts are obsolete, i will revisit them later.

A good mix of:

• ‘boost damage modifier to x%’
  • ‘can you fix this bug’
  • ‘it would be really cool if we had a legendary item that did x’

I agree with Dieoxide and Trik, the are big into pleasing the majority, they just need it spelled out clearly.

Let’s make multiple threads for each skill on our DH forum, collect, discuss and tally up the feedback, then share it in one thread in the General Discussion forum, referencing all of the threads on DH forum.

Title the topics like: ‘Chakram: Feedback for Improvement’

Who wants to moderate them? Maybe we can split up the work?

3 Likes

Could be possible that next season it’s all about Demon Hunters. If we could conduct it from this blue post: Its 820, are we doing this? - #10 by Matthew_Cederquist

I had missed that one, thanks.

You can hear many SEASON players saying yes DH is good to start with. And that is ok. DH is strong for season start because it is good for bounties and key farm. DH speed at finding items needed for his build is a bit above average.

But all of that does not matter to many players at all because they play non season where they have items already or they play season with group of friends where DH is not good choice.

Few times I asked for damage buffing ring that is DH specific item. Some other classes have one while we dont. That would open up some LON/LOD build maybe. Here is an idea:

Good source of information are Reddit and Diablofans also. For example this old post from Wudijo explains why I dislike RapidFire build (hellcat waistguard).

https://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-class-forums/demon-hunter-the-dreadlands/219834-2-4-3-hellcat-waistguard-theorycrafting-and-my#c1

1 Like

M6 -

Change the 4pc to add some DR and remove the 400% bonus
Change the 6pc to “increase ALL damage by 12,000% per active Sentry”

Even playing with the 6pc bonus % to make it viable but not OP (60,000% damage from 6 sources of fire would be EPIC though)

If M6 6pc buffed sentries like it does player, could be viable trash clearer?

After nerfing the wolf companion, i think it would be fair to buff the DH passive preparation with invigoration.
when active. instantly restore and adds 10 discipline (last 5 secs)
a 5 seconds power creep.
in passive would permanently increase 30 discipline.

Hail, Demon Hunters!

I wanted to drop by from my usual home on the Barb forum and offer my support for your efforts to get buffs/adjustments for your class. For pretty much all of vanilla D3 I mained Demon Hunter, and I’ve got very fond memories of that time.

Alongside the Barb forum, it’s always seemed to me that DH has the most outspoken and knowledgeable community. And I’ve seen a lot of good discussions here about what buffs you might want for various sets and items in a future patch.

For what it’s worth, I think it might be helpful to have somebody trawl through your forum and collect all of the major suggestions into one place, because at the present moment they seem pretty spread out. I know that this thread was created to fill that role, but there are many other “suggestion” threads out there.

I also think that it might be worthwhile for a few of you to take on the role of “Principals” (or perhaps “Ringmasters”) in this endeavor. It is definitely helpful to have a couple of people responsible for separating out the wheat from the chaff when it comes to buff suggestions. While this can come across as pretty elitist or as just being a plain-ol’-jerk, I think we all know that some suggestions are more useful, or more feasible, than others.

In the “Barb Focused Feedback” thread on the old forum that eventually turned into the “Barbarian Buff Proposal” that Free and I put together, I heard a fair number of suggestions that would actually nerf an item or build that the author was trying to buff. Other suggestions would have made certain items so overpowered they would have let me solo GR 150 at 2k paragon. And still others seemed well-balanced “by the numbers”, but relied on mechanics that have never been implemented by Blizz in this game (for instance, one legendary item referring to another).

So: some sorting and editing is definitely helpful. If you’re worried about too much influence being concentrated in too few hands, it doesn’t have to be two people, it could be more than that, as long as everybody involved stays hands-on (i.e. nobody going AWOL for weeks and then returning just to say “all your ideas are terrible, I didn’t agree to any of this”). And it’s also good to have people who can disagree while still maintaining respect and trying to work towards a consensus. Personally, I think that having any more than four people trying to do this job would get super confusing, but that’s just my two cents.

Ultimately, your odds of success are pretty poor. Only a few changes came directly out of BBP and into the game, though a few others were closely related to stuff we suggested. Still, something is better than nothing!

I can name names of people who I think would make good Principals, if you guys would like that. Or if there’s anything else I can help with, just let me know and I’ll do my best. Good luck!

2 Likes

I will throw a joke here. Are you actually saying that you failed? Crusaders did not ask for anything and ended up stronger than Barbs :slight_smile:

Did you ask Free for permission in order to post here? xD

Oh, absolutely. And you guys will almost surely fail, too.

There’s only so much you can do when the dev team just doesn’t seem to have a real coherent plan for how to balance, when to balance, why to balance
 any of it. The best you can hope for is really to just put something sensible together and then roll the dice. But, like I said, something is better than nothing!

2 Likes

I also think that it might be worthwhile for a few of you to take on the role of “Principals” (or perhaps “Ringmasters”) in this endeavor

I don’t think we have principals or ringmaster, but we have a sheriff called varadia , and we respect him xD

2 Likes