Comparing stats for follower items is 'broken'

Sorry if this has been covered already.

I have recently returned to D3, and am really enjoying all the changes/improvements made since I played last. One of my favorites (besides the pet that grabs my gold for me), is the ability to hover over an item and see how it changes your 3 basic stats compared to what’s already equipped. I like that for rings and weapons/hands, you can press/hold ‘alt’ and see the comparison for the off-hand item.

This doesn’t work right for the follower though. With rings, it seems to compare the inventory item to one of their rings, with no way to compare against the other ring. Also, if you simply hover over their ring, it gives you a comparison, but against what?

I suspect Blizzard is aware this isn’t working right, but I’d love to see it fixed so I can easily compare rings for followers without the mental agility it currently requires.

Thanks

1 Like

Yup, broken like most things in D3.
However follower only need ‘cant die’ item which most important, plus rings, weapon & ammy that have max cooldown and max attack speed. Not much to compare, no?

2 Likes

Just FYI that has been in game since beta, but it used to be “life, damage, and protection” since they changed defensive stats to be toughness later.

I agree the follower item comparisons are funky though. Unfortunately with this being an 8 year old game on maintenance mode I suspect that the chances of it being fixed are quite low.

In the grand scheme of things, your follower is only a meat shield that provides buffs. Their damage is insignificant compared to yours. Just give them a bunch of attack speed, a Ess of Johan, an Occulus Ring and the item that makes them not die. I primarily use the Templar. I give him all of the above, a Thunderfury , Freeze of Deflection and Wyrdward. If I need toughness, I swap the Wyrdward for a Unity (wear or cube one myself) and swap Thunderfury for Eun Jang Do (sp?) and call it a day.

lolz at worrying about follower stats…as mentioned they serve one purpose and that’s a buff for you.

the damage they do is meaningless. Once you obtain the “can’t die” token and some supporting gear (Johan, Oculus, etc as noted above) it’s set and forget.

Sure, you can jimmy around with adding attack speed and cooldown on every piece of their gear where it’s available, but that still just serves the purpose of providing your buffs more frequently and isn’t all that important early on.