Commemorate 20 years of Diablo II with Carbot, MrLlamaSC, and new in-game wings!

Are we being trolled?

3 Likes

happy birthday, greatest game ever!

1 Like

No. There’s no Red Shirt Guy here, no out-of-season-April-Fools.

All you need to do is load a game in your region and POOF you get the wings.

Totally disappointed in Blizzard. :cold_face: :cold_face: :cold_face: Why would I want to waste my time watching D2 fanboy MrLlamaSC. I would rather watch paint dry. Bring on D4 already.

6 Likes

I expected they’ll kill bots and offer D2 for free to everyone. Well, I guess that would be for the 50!

2 Likes

Carbot is pretty funny though, and worth supporting. Especially since his vids showcase everything wrong with D2.

As do I right here :grinning:

Having said that, I wish we’d get an Immortal open beta or something.

2 Likes

Blizzard, you guys can’t even muster up a post for the Diablo 2 forums on THEIR 20th anniversary? I mean it’s bad enough you snubbed them out of free stuff, but you could at least acknowledge their existence… :grimacing:

3 Likes

Wow, a lot of toxicity in here… don’t really understand why you complain getting presents lol.

Anyway, happy birthday D2, thank you Blizzard (North, but still) for this great game!

9 Likes

Happy 20th Anniversary :birthday:

Diablo 2 been a game I grow up playing and it reminds me of the greatest times where it was my joyful escape and turns me to transform in to the nephalm who fights to save sanctuary…

Hope D4 manage to provide us what D2 did … years of passion and joy through out the coming 20 years.

7 Likes

Happy Birthday 20th D2 anni. Thanks for all the lovely memories!

2 Likes

Happy 20th Anniversary!

I personally would’ve liked either a special Diablo 3 event that had us face the act bosses of Diablo 2, or had Uber Diablo (Pandemonium season ver.) walk the Earth again (permanently this time) in order to earn some nifty rewards (like Baal’s wings/Appendages). It even would’ve been nice if Diablo 2 had received an update, perhaps something allowed players to reliably summon Uber Diablo instead of relying on SoJs.

Note: I’m aware that any of these would’ve taken precious time and resources, but a guy can dream right?

All in all, Diablo 2 holds a special place in my heart when it comes to pc games. In fact, the only pc game that I enjoyed nearly as much as Diablo 2 is Warcraft III. I enjoy Diablo 3 as well, played since launch, however it doesn’t quite fill the void. That said, I’ll continue looking forward to all Diablo related news, especially news regarding Diablo 4.

2 Likes

Because many of them are trolling the D3 forum, why double post? They gave you a link to watch MrLlamaSC.

1 Like

I see a lot of D3 players trolling the D3 forum about why they hate Diablo 2 so much… I play both games and enjoy them both for different reasons. I don’t know why there is so much hate on these boards for the game that made this one possible though.

4 Likes

I am not sure how many people “hate” D2. The problem started when the D2 fanboys showed up on the D3 forum and started complaining about D3 and D4. Some of them also started making derogatory comments about anyone who had the audacity to enjoy playing D3. They failed to comprehend that many of the D3 players also played D1 and D2. They have a D2 forum, but they continue to troll the D3 forum. When D4 has a forum they will most likly be complaining on that one. I do not go to the D2 forum, how many D3 players are on the D2 forum complaining all the time?

5 Likes

20 Years wow, that is someting indeed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sure, there are these people. But most D2 fans are just giving their honest feedback to D4, which was actually asked for by Blizzard.

Now there are you, hating generically on D2 fans in this thread, which initially was completely free of any judgement. The people in here do not divide into D2 and D3 fans, but into hating ignorants and people constructively arguing about the games…

2 Likes

There’s like one guy who doesn’t play D3 who trolls the D3 boards. Many people play both and prefer one over the other. “They” are not invading anything. People are giving their opinions about where they want the direction of the new game D4 to go. In those ensuing conversations if they prefer D2’s methods some of the die hard D3 players freak out and call it an invasion or some silly conspiracy.

Just because somebody complains about things in Diablo 3 doesn’t mean they they are trolling from some other place, or don’t enjoy both games. I like both. I wish D3 had more elements of D2 in it, and I hope D4 does as well. Does that make me a D2 fanboy trolling the D3 forums now?

Who are you to dictate who can comment or not here anyway? :man_facepalming:t2:

Happy anniversary Diablo II

2 Likes

I do not “hate” anyone, I just do not care to watch MrL, I was hoping for something more for the 20th anniversary.

So they found some youtube videos to share with us…
And we are getting Baal’s imaginary wings.

How nice of them!

6 Likes