Come on D2 Remastered

today i saw this:

if i remember correctly carbot animations made a diablo1 series and after that we see diablo1 on gog . com.

im guessing that people in blizzard telling carbot to start an animation series before they make a remaster/remake of some game.

i think it is pretty much all we get from blizzcon.
a remaster or remake of diablo 2.
which im ok with it.
diablo 2 with an 3d engine is still a better game than diablo3.

i own diablo2 but i would still buy if they make an improved version.

3 Likes

one of the problem i have with diablo3 is it is too stupidly fast paced.
im not playing a game to become max lvl.
i play because i enjoy the story.

Thanks for sharing that carbot vid! I believe this is further indication that Diablo 2 Remaster is on itā€™s way!

Check out this Starcraft Remaster and carbot collaboration!

Sc:R & carbot!

yeah they would have to make gold autopick up and would prob have to do some minor skill mods to make many of the worthless builds viable. It would be hard to please both sides

I just want to say that acquiring gold is very easy for those that play the game and we elite are always maxed out when we reach hell and we donā€™t get it by picking it up from most monsters. The only players who have gold problems is the pvp community and that is because their characters are not used to play the game. Blizzard will not be changing the current click to pick up gold.

Also, there are only worthless builds in pvp, which again is not the game. Actual game play builds are diverse and highly effective, the problem with many players is they donā€™t know what the skills are best used for in PvM. Blizzard will not be making changes to skills to suit the pvp community.

Then that will be a problem, cause no one wants to be clicking
on gold.
You might be stuck in the 90ā€™s as far as gaming goes, but
most people will be bored of that in the first few minutes.

2 Likes

Just because you know nothing about D2 doesnā€™t mean you need to be rude.

Clicking on gold is the least effective way to get gold in D2. Gold can be maxed out in a few short hours while play through the game with your regular character and no need for items that supply extra gold drops. In short, auto picking up gold in D2 will do next to nothing to increasing you gold supply.

Also, D2 LoD was released in 2001 and the last patch with new content was only a few years ago. I play DOOM 2016, PoE, D3 RoS and SC II, as well.

1 Like

I know lots about D2 and D1, cause I wasnā€™t a child when they
were released.
If you find that above post rude, may I suggest being less sensitive.
Or maybe go to a forum that a safe place, since discussing
things is to stressful for you.

2 Likes

Donā€™t confuse sensitivity with a request for etiquette, and donā€™t think that either one of those things are weaknesses.

If you need auto gold pick up then no, you know nothing about the game.

1 Like

I played the game a lot when it was relevant, like for 2-3 years after
release.
The fact that you still play a nearly 20 year old game, says more about you,
than me.
As far as etiquette is concerned, we arenā€™t knights on a battlefield.
You could be a random 10-15 year old, trying to sound smart.

2 Likes

Proof that you know next to nothing about the game. You didnā€™t even figure out how to gather gold effectively. Collecting gold is the most basic of basics, the game literally shows you how to do it in the Blood Moor.

By far the most pathetic comment Iā€™ve ever read.

This is now the most pathetic comment Iā€™ve ever read.

You just described yourself.

1 Like

Forums are the real ENDGAME

http ://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/tFK8urY6XHj2w/giphy.gif

Just because you never played modded games doesnā€™t mean they are for people who are ā€œnot goodā€ at the game. I have soloed Baal on Hell with my Army of the dead build when I was a teen on Closed Bnet (no mods, no bots, no maphacks). I played the game for over 7 years. Some mods made the game super easy, while other made the game even harder with new skill effects, items, stronger mobs etc.

You would know that if you actually played some mods other than just bashing them without having any knowledge of them AT ALLā€¦

Many modders added mechanics to D2 LoD that were only available in D3 like auto pick up gold, infinite arrows and bolts with affixes that could be magic or rare like quivers in D3.

You could even greatly increase the maximum gold cap in your stash up to even 200m or even 2bā€¦

I wish modders found out how to stack potions, runes and gems than I would probably have fun playing D2 LoD more than I play D3 RoSā€¦

If it wasnā€™t for modding, players would get bored with D2 LoD pretty fast, cause besides doing Diablo or Baal runs with bots or doing other runs like Countess, The Hellforge or Mephisto thereā€™s was nothing else.

Mods kept this game alive for so many years, because the original game had a ridiculously small stash and inventory and many other limitations.

As much as I loved playing D2 LoD Blizz North should really think of a much bigger stash for us considering the size of items and should also have made runes, gems and potions stackable. If they did it I would probably still play the game maybe even without any mods at allā€¦

So matureā€¦ Someone doesnā€™t agree with you than he must know nothing about the game right? :roll_eyes:

The ā€œeasiestā€ way to get a lot of gold in D2 LoD was by selling magic wands, scepters and staves with +2 or +3 to random skills affixes. Items with two +2 or +3 affixes usually sold for the max gold value your character could pick upā€¦

There was also a ā€œd1ckā€ move way to get more gold by stealing it from other players dead corpses in Close Bnet gamesā€¦

2 Likes

This may be difficult for some to comprehend, but Iā€™ve probably been among the most constructive of the pitch in general.

Quite simply, a graphical update and nothing else is not something that will garner my interest. To do so requires additional changes that some would find okay, others possibly extreme simply because it IS change. Theyā€™ll even try to mask that with a veneer of superior knowledge about the game. Otherwise, most of what I inferred was for the betterment of everyone.

If you think Iā€™m asking for a completely different game, youā€™d be incorrect. After a point, Iā€™d just infer itā€™d be better off to do D4, instead. Rather, I want what exists to be improved and enhanced in a fashion exceeding the mod community and their own occasionally questionable moves. I recognize that Time Sink != Content, and certain aspects of D2 took that to an extreme. Feel free to do the whole ā€œroad to hell paved with good intentionsā€ and such at me, but I have no delusion that a D2 launched pretty much as is today would be rightfully eviscerated by critics not blinded by nostalgia. So, for me, itā€™s do it right, or not at all.

4 Likes

Absolutely. We all play d3 because of those d2 times. What i am trying to say is remake something is simply money grabbing. What is done has been done. While d3 ventured somewhere into mini mmorpg turf, its kinda failed despite all of us seriously addicted to this time sink game.

D2 system is worthy a reincarnated modern engine, perhaps D4. Just dont remake. Truth is the let downs from diablo teams really have me fearing they gonna ruin the all time classic oppose to rejuvenate it.

Actually recently i am back to Torchlight 2 for some non pigeon hole playstyle.

2 Likes

Too funny, you bragging about soloing hell Baal with the easiest build to play.

Brags about soloing hell Baal with the easiest build in the gameā€¦ yet played for 7 years.

No mods have made the game harder, theyā€™ve all made the game easier.

Iā€™ve looked at all the mods played on YouTube and Twitch, they all literally dumb the game down making it easier. Iā€™ve never played them because all mods are unauthorized and copy right violations-illegal.

You said they made the game harder yet you speak of mods that made the game easier. And like I said in another conversation auto gold pick up in D2 is practically useless. Good players donā€™t pick up gold, yet they over flow with gold. You didnā€™t figure that out in your 7 years of killing Baal once with the easiest build in the game?

The gold cap in the Stash is 2.5 million and good players never use it except when crafting and even then 2.5 million and 910,000K in inventory is more than enough to craft 40 amulets at clvl 93. The players who get to 93 to do the real crafting, where gold is really needed, donā€™t waste their time picking up gold.

You donā€™t play D2 LoD because itā€™s too hard, youā€™re not good at it. You need your hand held with D3 RoS. That is a fact. You were so bad at the game you think picking up gold is an effective way to get gold.

Mods are dead, played by a few really bad players. The game is kept alive by regular Ladder Season players and the nonladder pvp community. Hundreds of thousands of players. Not bad for a 20 year old game.

First, Blizzard North has been shut down since 2005 and second, if you need a bigger stash and stackable items, you are just saying youā€™re really bad at the game. The last thing a hardcore player wants is valuable items in their stash!

I respect that you play D3 RoS and enjoy it more than D2 LoD, D3 is a fun game, but please, just because youā€™re not good at D2 doesnā€™t mean you should be spreading the idea that people should play hacked version of D2 and play on illegal servers.

Like you they know nothing about the game. All either one of you know is a scratch on the surface of the game.

Yea, and yet you want auto pick up.

Your auto pick up will solve this now wonā€™t it! And pvp? They are the worst players in the game. Their builds depend on buying gear sold by ladder botters and when their builds donā€™t work they need to use hacks to help them feel like a winner. Iā€™m not surprised to hear you were a part of that.

Your QoL changes would destroy the foundation of the game and push the existing player base away.

I get it, you donā€™t have the fortitude to play a game as challenging as D2, and thatā€™s fine, youā€™ve got D3 to maintain the QoL you need.

As an avid D2 LoD player whom doesnā€™t use hacks and doesnā€™t buy nor sells his gear on 3rd party websites, not even the one that uses forum gold, Iā€™ll share what I believe the remaster needs.

If they are rewriting the D2 and LoD code like they did with ScR and War3R and leaving the game in itā€™s original form, bugs and all, then that will make me happy.

What I want:

1. Bots and hacks completely eliminated form the servers-removed and kept off.

2. I want all websites, and most importantly, the one that sells forum gold, prevented from selling/buying Blizzardā€™s IP (items), especially pertaining to the Ladders.

3. Eliminate the hostility button on the nonladder realms. Make it so it is only available on ladders and open bnet. This will destroy the pvp community and the bot economy.

If Blizzard can do this with a remastered version of D2 LoD then I will be happy and the game will be complete.

A bonus would be an expansion that continues the LoD game but gives us new monsters, a new act, a new character, new gear (magic, rare, unique, sets and rune words) and new crafting recipes.

yah but i mean, i doubt the whole #nochanges crowd from wow classic would have the same influence, theres no way some QOL you mentioned would not be auto included in a remaster

If you love D2 go play it, Doors that way buddy. ( D3 FORUM, not D2 ) . Bring on D4. D2 remaster wont work in todays market and will suffer the same QOL problems it does today. Why bring back a game that has so many obvious problems that players today dont like ?. Fine the old school crowd might like it but would Blizzard want to grow their playerbase not just half a** attempt at keeping some of the oldies.