Come on D2 Remastered

I’m trying but ignorant people like you that are in no way interested in D2 being remastered are constantly putting down the project in a thread about the project because… they have nothing better to do?

2 Likes

It would be nice if people who had something constructive to contribute to this thread would contribute it, and those who have nothing constructive to contribute contributed nothing.

I’d like to contribute that you’re completely abusing the words constructive contributions.

2 Likes

Meh - maybe you see the point of coming into a thread to announce that you aren’t interested in it’s topic - I never have.
But, hey - you do you.

Due to the changes in the forum software, if someone proposes something they don’t want, they now have to write a response to say so whereas they used to just click a little down-vote button.

2 Likes

i consider these posts off-topic and/or making one topic about two topics.
-i want a real BLIZZARD version of a remake of D2, without 3rd party mods and without a RMAH.

You’re actually the one off topic, this thread is about a remaster of Diablo 2, not a remake of Diablo 2

well, a remaster would not include the 2 features i named, would it?
and a remaster can be on-topic disputed, no?

You quoted me and said I’m off topic, which I’m not. You are the one being off topic by including those things in the conversation. You did something similar yesterday in another thread.

well, in this case, i believe we were both on-topic.

Then stop quoting me and making off topic comments to me.

those remarks are finetuned.
i’m not attacking you, only a bit strict on each post seperately.

I didn’t say you were attacking me, and you’ve fine tuned nothing nor is anything you’ve said or quoted strict. You’re just a troll posting nonsense-gibberish like you were doing yesterday.

ty, i’m always waiting for such a post, so i can deal with you on this forum with the right insight of your vile personality. :facepunch:

Love how u make a blanket statement with no evidence just specuatio. Rose colored glasses r strong in u.

1 Like

There is far more evidence supporting it than not.

D1 recoded to run on modern machines and relaunched after being out of production for almost 2 decades. Still playable on Battlenet.

War 2 recoded to run on modern machines and relaunched after being out of production for almost 2 decades. Still playable on Battlenet.

Starcraft Remaster completely recoded and being adapted to 64 bit. Purchased and launched from the desktop app

Warcraft Reforge completely recoded and being adapted to 64 bit. Purchased and will be launched from the desktop app.

Blizzard over the last 6 years have had job adds up specifically saying they are restoring SC:BW and War 3 which they now have. They also said in the adds they are restoring Diablo II.

What evidence do you have that says they are not remastering Diablo II?

Do you people think we are having a vote here? This was not submitted to a vote. In case you all haven’t noticed in the past twenty years, Blizzard doesn’t do things by popular vote - and they’d have gone out of business a long time ago if they did.

Even if they make a D2 remastered it won’t come close to all the modded versions of D2 LoD. I bet it will be online only, so just like in D3 RoS we will have (probably bigger stash than original from D2 LoD) the same stash problems. We won’t be able to change anything at all in the game. Just like in D3 RoS we just get whatever they decide to do with the game.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they even added colldowns too…

Why so many people ask for a remaster if it would be much easier to release a big patch to D2 LoD with:

• Updated graphics up to 1920x1080 at least (like in multires mod for D2 LoD, not like in current D3 where you can’t see the difference between 1024x768 and 1920x1080 -.-),
  • Lowest resolution to start at 1280x720 or 1280x1024 instead of 640x480,
  • Updated combat system, so it would be as smooth as D3,
  • Bigger stash and inventory (maybe even add 10 pages and a button to switch between personal and shared stash),
  • Runes, Potions, Gems stackable,
  • Greatly increased max gold amount you can carry (it’s possible to even have arround 2b in D2 LoD in modded games),
  • Make Arrows, Bolts infinte (already done by modders),
  • Gold auto picked up by you (already done by modders as well),
  • Give mercenaries more item slots like gloves, boots, belts, rings and amulet (already done by modders as well),
  • Make Horadric Cube a lot biger (already done by modders),

Those who ever played D2 LoD with multires mod know what I’m talking about and you can clearly see the difference in “field of view” compared to D3 RoS.

You could also redesign charms by adding some slots in your inventory, so they would only work when equipped like gloves, boots etc. The largest charms would be removed, only the smallest would be kept (the bonus to skills from the largest would be added to the small ones instead), with exeption of torch…

Here’s an example I made few years ago with a much bigger inventory with more item slots and a new mercenary inventory:

D2 LoD was great, because you could mod the hell out of it in single player, adjust the number of monsters, their health how strong they are and lots of different stuff. Unfortunately when some people hear of modding they only see ridiculous drop rates or bosses one hit with items that have over 20 affixes and call it cheating…

There were lots of different mods in D2 LoD and a lot of web sites with them. Modding is one of the reason D2 LoD was so great and kept people playing for all these years when they get borred with running countless Diablo, Baal runes all the time on cbnet…

Sure you couldn’t play Cbnet with mods, but if you wanted to than you could just remove all your mods and play with no worries of being banned.

With a D2 remastered version of D2 LoD you won’t have that freedom of choice and will be stuck with the devs “vision” of D2 and we all know even if a D2 remaster happens I doubt it will get any patches at all, maybe some bug fixes, but nothing else…

Be careful what you wish for…

1 Like

No, I think we’re using the forums for their intended purpose, i.e. discussion. Some people are saying they would like a D2 remaster. Some people are saying they wouldn’t. Why should only the people in favour be the ones allowed to discuss it?

My primary metric is people playing and enjoying. I believe that’s obvious the difference with D3’s reception and issues.

If you’re specifically pointing to WoW Classic, it’s on its way to make 2 months. That’s nearly 30$ per player and growing, way more than nearly every single “classic” title out there. Regarding game’s long time survivability, it’s obvious that even in the case of a master disaster and people massively leaving, there’s at least people to maintain 1 server per region… Well, there’s obviously way more people than that.

Remasters are a thing and most of them work. Say WoW or say the million games that have been remastered, even games that are half of half of half the success that’s been D2 have been remastered and companies keep doing that, so it’s obvious that those things are profitable.

And, speaking about WoW Classic, there’s no better example of a game with more “time has passed” issues than that, and add to that, a perfectly current and healthy adapted-to-new-times competition by its retail counterpart. Btw, I now have a family, car and mortgage, I play way less than back then, but still find it very enjoyable. I just don’t expect to get to the endgame NOW nor compete against the top of the tops.

Finally. B0bby K0t1ck has clearly stated that remasters are the way to go.