Come on D2 Remastered

I love those aspects of the game. I love playing a game that doesn’t hold my hand. And D2 LoD has 18 skill hot keys, all of which I use. hahaha skill cycling!

1 Like

End of the day i think the majority of people who are NOT suffering from rose colored glasses syndrome would agree a D2 remaster never needs to happen

1 Like

Diablo II Resharpened (my word) is happening. Like SC:R and War3:R, D2 is getting recoded to run on future machines for the next 20 years. They are even adapting the remasters to 64 bit.

Further, Dablo 1 and War 2 have been reworked and have been rereleased by Good Old Games. Diablo 2 is the last and hardest game to remaster, and they are working on it now. I’m hoping we hear about it at BlizzCon 2019.

3 Likes

Which would be an absolute waste of time & resources if it still looks & plays like :poop:. A complete redesign in a new engine would be the only thing that can truly save it.

2 Likes

The game plays amazing! The problem is you’re just not good at it.

2 Likes

I’m far better at D2 than you are at trolling, sweetie.

I’ll agree with that as I can’t troll at all, but you can likely find your way out of the Rogue Encampment.

2 Likes

Like this? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

That’s already available, and no need for a hack/mod/illegal server version shown in the previous post, which violates the Game License and the EULA. Simply use Sven’s Glide Wrapper, which Blizzard allows, and you’ll have wide screen and better graphics, and up to 200fps, though the game caps at 50.

Diablo II Lord of Destruction’s Ladder Season resets in December, giver a go, it’s a blast for the first month when the game is played by hundreds of thousands of players. Maybe get some early practice in so to keep up with the regulars.

Word to the wise though, you can’t join classic bnet with a vpn, proxie, web host nor a business class isp.

When you do connect you want a very low latency connection, which generally can only be acquired via residential isp. Bandwidth isn’t important, unless you have a lot of stuff going on in the background while playing D2, but even then it best to have the D2 app running alone. And do not use loaders or scripts or anything anything that will alter game play.

One last thing for those that do want to try it again… when making games, switching characters, and going from one screen to the next, such as the news screen to the chat screen, wait 10 seconds between each switch. and always stay in the game for at least 10 seconds before leaving.

1 Like

As I’ve said before on this subject in the old board, I have no interest in a remaster that’s just a graphical touch-up. D2 had issues in QoL, balance, and if we’re being honest, actual content that have made it difficult to recapture my interest the times I’ve tried to get into the game again over the past years.

Until 2003 or so, it was pretty much my go-to game. By then, I started dabbling more in mods to shake off the staleness that came with a dying patch cycle and lack of 2nd expansion. Other games eventually happened and that was pretty much it. For better or worse, D3 also taught me that D2 could be a better game in numerous ways in which there’s no real going back for me.

As for WoW and the classic fad, I wouldn’t be so quick to call it a success. Short-term, the population bump sounds great, but the proverbial devil in the details is the long game. Social/Political issues with Blizzard aside, the honeymoon phase will pass and you’ll have people see why things changed as they did over time. Frankly, I’ll be shocked if they maintain 50% of current numbers 6 months from now, as other “new” MMOs tend to lose 60% of initial populations shortly after launches. The old “You think you want it, but you don’t!” quote might sound smarmy and condescending, but I’m still going to say there’s some merit to it.

No need for you to be in this thread then. And thank you Blizz North for not making the first two games hand holding! QoL in games is devolving the human species. We need the first two Diablo games remastered for us GenX players and other players who like games to not have QoL garbage.

true and i also don’t want any 3rd party mods and RMAH.
-but a pure updated version is more interesting.

People have learned to make better games since the late-90’s. Deal with it.

1 Like

They will probably keep D2 gameplay exactly the same and just redo the graphics. Like with Starcraft. I had hoped for SC2 gameplay (infinite control groups, building hotkeys, non-retarded pathing). No such luck.

I tried D2 for a few days once (having started with D3), wondering if it would become better any time. Started D3 back up for a break, felt at home, never looked back.

D2 campaign pack for D3 would be my thing, but that won’t happen.

1 Like

The exact same argument about WoW Classic. And it’s been a great success.

3 Likes

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again:
I agree with you Endugu on this subject!!!:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:
This would be so darned awesome.

Bring on the D2 remaster! Please!

2 Likes

To be fair, we could also argue D3 was a success if your primary metric is buys/subs.

It’s mainly why I say to hold praise until more time has passed. Some like the good ol’ days, sure. Some never had a chance to experience it. Some will come to realize it’s not all it was hyped to be while others will foster disdain for tweaks in content or the release schedule. Others will also miss various improvements of retail, but likely find it harder to go back due to a fragmented user base. We can’t ignore people rightfully boycotting Blizzard with the HK stuff, too.

Will they still have 3 mil subs or whatever the number was in 3 months? 6? How about a year from now? Because if they don’t, D3 hater logic would apply in asserting that Classic is also a failure. Though, you can also likely imagine those who enjoy it would fervently disagree. I have no qualms in saying the hype machine worked here, but in having played Classic in its original run, I’ll just conclude with finding FFXI more enjoyable as its only real competition at the time. There being even more options today is not something I’d say works in WoW’s long-term favor.

and the epic cutscenes from D2 please. :pleading_face:

D2 is being remastered, deal with that.

2 Likes

If you’re satisfied with low effort cash grabs, you do you.

2 Likes