Come on D2 Remastered

You guys killed it with wow classic. It is amazing! now how about you throw a D2 remastered version to us Diablo fans. :slight_smile:

29 Likes

D2 system is too slow pace and time consuming for the current life style. What works 20 yrs ago should stay 20 yrs ago.

I had a great 17000 hrs on d2. One of best memories of my life and moved on. 14000 hrs on d3 doubt will have this much time on d4.

Dont remaster all time classics. Its classic because its memories.

15 Likes

D2 will likely get a remaster announcement for Blizcon. Probably using that ā€œretroā€ D3 video filter they use for the Darkening of Tristram event but using the D3 engine. Easy enough to do, low cost, high yield

5 Likes

How about NO. Nostalgia doesnt mean good

6 Likes

Nostalgia will stay nostalgia for some but live on for others. Just sit back and relax, you have no influence on their development cycle by complaining about D2.

1 Like

Thing about remastered D2 is there are so many cumbersome things that I will not tolerate in the present day. Clicking gold, non-stacking potions and gems, no transfer stash, skill cycling (instead of the ā€˜hotbarā€™), cube formulas not in game.
All that stuff is unacceptable for a game Iā€™m going to pay for today. I have D2 installed and I still play a bit occasionally, but Iā€™ll just keeping play that and not buy a remodeled version.
Lets say you update it a little and fix those problems. The stat system wasnā€™t greatā€¦ Iā€™d like to see that modified. The skill system wasnā€™t greatā€¦ Iā€™d like to see that modified (no synergies but low level skills kept relevant by capping skill level based on player levelā€¦ like torchlight does or else just scaling them based on player level). The treasure class system was not greatā€¦ I donā€™t like the potion works and if you changed it to something like 8, 15 or 30 second cooldowns then it totally changes the game and you have to change other stuff.
So at what point is it reasonable to say ā€œthis is too farā€¦ too much change for a remasterā€¦ destroying a classicā€. Runewords are overpowred ruining for me the best aspect which is rare items (and their sometimes awesome names), casters are way less gear dependent then meleeā€¦ are you going to have D3 weapon damage skills again?
Iā€™m looking for a really great ARPG and I love the Diablo universe so much but I donā€™t think a D2 remaster could really meet those expectations because it wasnā€™t perfect and I played it TONS and Iā€™m looking for an improved version of that game that I just didnā€™t get with Diablo 3ā€¦ and at that point I think it will be too far removed from what D2 was to be considered a remaster.

5 Likes

Easy solution to that; you let D2 remaster be D2 remaster instead of being a backseat driver and play D3 if youā€™re not happy with the result.
If you still play D2, a remaster wonā€™t be a new game but just a graphics upgrade just like Warcraft 3 remaster. If remaster becomes an entirely new game and changes the core systems to be closer to D3, it will split a solid playerbase after 2 decades in two.

An entirely new modified official D2 will leave an impact on its own playerbase way worse than picking up gold manually or not realizing combat stats are there for creating half-combat classes to bypass immunities. Leave rest to the modder community and enjoy whatā€™s coming.

Canā€™t really tell if youā€™re being ironic or not.

4 Likes

TLDR please dont remaster D2 and focus on D4 instead

3 Likes

Itā€™s not like they canā€™t do both at the same time.

Also, theyā€™ve already remastered Starcraft 1, Warcraft 3 Reforged is on the way so itā€™s only a matter of time for D2 Remastered.

3 Likes

I would like you to link the magic evidence you have this is actually happening

1 Like

Properly recreating D2 in D3ā€™s engine with D3 combat & movement would be an excellent time burner indeed, even without modding support.

As long as it has D3ā€™s improvements. Gem stacking, automatic gold pickup etc.

1 Like

If you love D2. Here you go
hhttps://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/diablo-ii
Otherwise stop with these nonsence requests

Here you go:

Compelling stories. Intense multiplayer. Endless replayability. Qualities that made StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II the titans of their day.

Weā€™re restoring them to glory, and we need your engineering talents, your passion, and your ability to get tough jobs done.

6 Likes

No solid evidence of yes were remaking Diablo II anywhereā€¦ So this is in fact not evidence at all. Just pure speculation. Just a statement saying it was the titan of its day. Got a blue post confirming DII remasterā€¦ No you dont.
The games 20 years old its gameplay and style wouldnt work today .
Also this is a D3 not a D2 forum .

1 Like

Ooooooor you can get a hobby and curb this overwhelming frustration of yours, which is a sign youā€™ve been spending too much time on the internet, which makes you a prime candidate for Muting if/when that feature is implemented here.

2 Likes

Nah i just enjoy laughing at all the people desperate for DII when if its so amazing why are you not playing it and playing the forums instead. The forums are like a comedy show. You just sit back and eat some popcorn ahahha

Given that the job ad mentions Starcraft and Warcraft 3, both of which have remastered versions, and Diablo 2 in the same line strongly suggests its in the works. It has the look of a dead giveaway.

Dismiss it all you like.

4 Likes

Pure Speculation . Not Evidence. Enough Said
More then happy to agree with you if you have some evidence but after a Mobile Release. Im going to stick to not believing anything is coming unless i actually have some evidence or a post behind it saying yes we are doing this

Yeah, Blizzard are totally going to confirm the existence of an unannounced game through a simple forum post rather than stage presentation at an event to help drive the hype.

And if you donā€™t think that job ad is evidence, youā€™ve basically talked yourself out of this discussion.

2 Likes

This job is not evidence at all. It could well be them working on the YET to be released Warcraft 3 Reforged or work needed or SC1 . You have no concrete evidence to say OMG DII remaster incoming. I confirm you just have pure speculation. When actual evidience is provided by blizzard through forum or Blizzcon . Then i will join you at the Hype table . Happy sitting at the speculation table for now while i hope D4 is the main focus. POsting OMG please make DII REmaster wont slow down or speed up the process in anyway as this forum is a mixed bag of hate and joy towards DII. The players feelings also have no standing with company its all what ActiBlizz want and how much the shareholders pockets can be filled really