CoE should be on a Random rotation

Right now it’s linear and it makes it too easy to use and requires ZERO skill, especially in groups when you can sync with others.

Put CoE on a completely random rotation and let us skilled players separate ourselves from those that do not put in the hard work to get good.

Make the game require more talent and less automation. Make the game more human and less controlled by illegal mods and bot programs.

2 Likes

Really never expected that about what’s to me by far the most annoying item in the whole game. An item which requieres you to either be looking at the UI all the time or deciphering what’s the current aura among tons of lasers, explosions and all the screen clutter.

What skill does require Unity, RRoG, TMF, SMF, Skull Grasp, …?

4 Likes

Have you seen the endless numbers of threads that think 60% gem upgrades aren’t actually 60%? Yeah, now picture that but with people complaining that they aren’t getting physical 25% of the time, et cetera.

Can you imagine the frustration if you didn’t get the element you wanted for 30+ seconds due to an unlucky streak of (0.75)^X events.

16 Likes

And add to that when the barb misses a stomp in meta group because they can’t predict the CoE cycle.

2 Likes

Obviously means the zbarb lacks skills. /s

2 Likes

LMAO - no. this would make the ring useless…
EG: Fire - Fire - Fire - Ice - Fire - Holy - Fire - Fire - Fire - Ice - Fire - Holy - Ice - Fire - Holy - Ice - Fire - Holy - Ice - Fire - Holy - Ice - Fire - Holy…
Does that seem OK to you? lmao

5 Likes

In the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger, “Bad Idea”. As others have pointed out, this games track history with RNG is already shady so adding another fairly important multiplier to many builds on a random pattern is just not good for ANY playstyle.

Your known sock accounts profiles demonstrate that your an average player, not a “skilled” player as you repeatedly claim in your numerous threads. If you focused your awe inspiring talents on less accounts than the 7 accounts that you claim to have, you may actually be a top paragon player.

On this point, I completely agree with you, bots and automation ruin the game.

4 Likes

Instead having some legendaries to change elemental damage of some specific popular skillrunes for reduced efficiency would be fine. Randomization with lag never really go well together.

I already think the current CoE is annoying to keep track of, so i dislike this suggestion. Having to look center-bottom then center-center repeatedly is difficult enough for me lol.

3 Likes

No. 20 characters of no.

7 Likes

First, No.

Next, this make zero sense:

How does making something proc completely random add any skill value at all to the game? Skill is in actually syncing it with other players and paying attention to when it procs and what cycle is next. No skill is required to watching it do whatever it does randomly without anyway to react.

You would basic destroy any value the item had.

There is a tiny slice of people using mods and bots in this game and they get banned with regularity.

It’s easy to confuse those who play 8-10 hours a day, professionally, like some of the content creators, for what you might think are bots, but in fact they are extremely talented people who play with such regularity that it probably seems like automation. That’s actual skill.

I’ve watched these people on many occasion actually push and get those crazy paragon numbers, and those crazy GR150 victories.

Based on posts like this, I’m not sure you should be putting yourself in that category.

8 Likes

As others have stated, knowing the next cycle in advance and timing specific skills to it to maximize the benefit from the cycle is what separates skilled players from casuals like myself. If the rotation is random, it ruins the gameplay of many meta builds, no matter how skilled the player is.

Your suggestion has zero benefits and is only detrimental to the game.

12 Likes

99.9% of the time, anybody bragging about how great they are usually aren’t. I don’t know why I torture myself by clicking on the OP’s threads. He reminds me of another that was repeatedly posting drivel a year or so ago. Might be one of his ‘7 accounts’? :thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

objection

benefits are in the eye of the beholder. automating setup has turned the meta into a joke and has turned off far more players that just want to play the game and see how good their skill can take them rather than using mods and following what it tells them to do and when.

D3 was not meant to be played with 3rd party automate-assisting programs. It’s literally in the ToS.

Well…Diablo 3 is a grinding-game after all.

If you want to play a game thats just based on skill, is halfway balanced and where you have the exact same conditions for everybody at each round then do the following:

• Play Starcraft 2 and see how far you can make it in the ladder before people start to think + react faster and better than you.

• In can only speak for myself here but i think Diablo 3 isn’t , wasn’t and will never be about having huge amounts of “skill” or super competitve. There are too many RNG-Factors involved and this is FINE, because it is an ARPG and RNG + Grinding is a fix part of this Genre

If you want to see some real skill:

1 Like

And what does it tell you when basically everyone is disagreeing with you?

7 Likes

Honest question, but wouldn’t the 3rd party programs still be able to detect CoE’s next element, even if it was changed to be randomized? If so, then your suggestion would have nearly zero detriments on them and instead would mostly hurt legit players.

It’s kind of like when some folks suggests putting a captcha system in the game as an attempt to stop botters, without realizing that such system would only infuriate the legit players.

5 Likes

I’d say it’s very likely still detectable. In order to keep the transition from element to element smooth the next element needs to be determined during the previous element rotation. Meaning rotation 2 element is determined during rotation 1, rotation 3 element is determined during rotation 2, etc. Makes no difference to the effectiveness of 3rd party software. Legit players suffer, cheaters don’t.

The top players make up of 10% of the whole. I expect a 1:9 ratio of agreement.