Cheaters thumbing their noses?

Multiple accounts allow cheaters to be with us all every season. You can find people who supposedly run over 20 hours each and every day. Just like a few seasons ago, there is even one that brags that he is on every leader board with two number one and the lowest being 6th place. There are so many cheats now besides boting. It is so unfair to us non-cheaters but Blizzard evidently doesn’t want to waste the time to fix the problem so the cheaters just laugh at Blizzard and take up spaces on leader boards that should be going to legitimate non-cheating players.

2 Likes

Okay Drama Queen, step off your stage into your dressing room.

Who are you attempting to incite?

Blizzard?

They do their collective job and ban people every day.
Too bad they don’t have you on speed dial!

1 Like

The majority, if not all, of people who are so incensed with botting and demand daily bans are botters themselves who got already banned and want everyone else to share their misery.

But don’t take my word for it, look at that 1000-post thread that they bump every second day or so.

Case closed.

2 Likes

So true, it’s just like the drunk that wakes up in his front yard, face down in his own puke, that suddenly turns to religion and begins turning in other drunks at work, etc.

In a game like D3, botters have zero burden on my game. Crap, bots are just as fast in my public bounty games as most real players.

As far as the leaderboards go, I’ve seen lucky people get 2-3 build specific primals very early in the season and catapult them well beyond everyone.

Someone like me that’s unlucky, may only get 1 primal the whole season.

Bots that are obviously pushing GRs could probably be looked at a little closer though.

If I was a botter, that’s certainly how I’d react after getting banned.

WHY ME AND NOT THEM??? GET THEM GET THEM GET THEM!!!

13 months and 1100 posts later they’re still frothing at the mouth :grin:

1 Like

Or, you know, they could just be legitimate players that want competition to be fair and want cheats banned, as per the EULA we all agreed to.

11 Likes

I think that is all the non-cheaters want and expect Blizzard to honor their promise to keep the game fair and honest. I know that is all I want.

2 Likes

D3 is a 8 year old game, and just one game out of thousands out there. I couldn’t care less and neither does the majority. Because there’s no true competition. Sticking a stupid leaderboard into a dungeon crawler doesn’t magically make it a competitive game. It’s a crock.

A handful of whiners spamming threads in the forum doesn’t equal “majority”.

Because you got banned and you want every other botter to suffer the same fate lol.

I know they typically do ban a bunch of accounts most seasons near the end. Might not always get them all, but they do ban. Historically, they ban a LOT of players each year.

If you want a game where cheaters are punished blizzard are not your people

2 Likes

Join the cause buddy! We all agreed to a ToS when we installed D3 and I agree with you.

1 Like

If we had the data of all people cheating and all the people getting banned, it would turn out, that Blizzard are enforcing their ToS quite selectively… which would put in question it’s validity…

They focus on the top of the seasonal Leader Board… meanwhile, I’ve played with people, who clearly cheat on NS and haven’t been touched, because they are not high profile enough.
I’ve been called a noob for not installing a maphack… so yeah.

2 Likes

I commend you for not joining the cheater mentality.
Unfortunately the cheaters tend to promote each other, then they all get banned and either leave D3 or make a new account and rinse and repeat the sick cycle.
If only this game were policed more effectively, we would’t have this mentality of cheating being required to play efficiently.

I wish (unrealistically) they Blizz would ban ALL cheaters more frequently, and remove their previous positions on the leaderboards.
Just because they got caught cheating on season 20 doesn’t give them the right to have a position in season 16 when they were obviously cheating but got away with it.

3 Likes

To my limited knowledge, there are no GR-pushing bots. People use bots to farm mats, keys, gear, and paragon and then use those to do the actual push attempts themselves.

1 Like

I think I still have screenshots from previous seasons, where 3 people on a team are banned for cheating, and the one legit player, who plays support is the one keeping the record on the ladder. (and we’re talking top 10, so I can easily see if those people have cleared even higher and that’s why they are not getting displayed on his team)

I’m sorry, but even the record of the one legit player should be deleted. You can’t have a record as one support, where the other 3 players clearly cheated and got banned for it. And since we’re talking high up on the ladder, there’s no way you can’t tell those players are not cheating. A player, that is that high up will have sufficient understanding of the game to tell if someone is cheating.
At the very least you check his profile, you check how many hours have passed since the season started, and when it turns out, that this person has “slept” for 2 hours when two weeks have passed, clearly he cheats.

And I’m about to say something controversial, so get ready for it.
There’s been a lot of talk throughout the last year, but especially recently, that Quality Assurance and testers at Blizzard get piss poor money to the point, that they barely get by.

I gotta say… throughout the last 10 years Blizzard games seem to be tested poorly. Last 2 WoW expansions are pretty dramatic examples… RoS also, since every single season there’s some major exploit.

Now, there are two possibilities (and I don’t know how the inner workings of Blizzard, so I can’t really tell which one is it) :

1. QA does it’s job fine, and it’s the higher ups, that don’t give enough resources to the devs, so they can adjust the game based on the tester’s feedback. If that’s the case, then they do fine job and it’s really out of their hands…
  2. QA doesn’t properly test the game, cause they are noobs or something… and if this is the case, the little they get paid is already too much…

I completely agree with you on this!
There are streamers out there taking advantage of botters paragons to get rank 1 which many of us do not think is deserved.

2 Likes

I’m going for option 1. Unless your the boss who likes to delegate every thing to the “peons” and expects them to work like like the boss gets paid…we all have been in that position of too much work expected for too little pay/time/and recourses.

With their main focus on D4 and other games, D3 team I’m positive has very little recourses at their expense, let alone the man power for time. I’m sure they do what they can with juggling everything from patches, bugs, seasons, technical issues…and so on.

1 Like

I’m not sarcastic when I say, that I am actually thankful to the D3 team, because they patched the Dreadlands set and this is one of the few things in this game, that I’ve actually enjoyed.
8 years after the game came out, they put something nice and I am actually having fun with it, so I really appreciate it.

WC3 players have it waay worse. Few minutes ago I check their forum (US forum btw) and I see these patchnotes…

“We fixed an issue with the Blood Wizard
The actual issue is not important for the purposes of this discussion… the problem is with the name. The hero unit is and always was called Blood Mage.

Like seriously, they’ve most likely outsourced the entire thing to people, who don’t speak English… it’s like they translate the English patch notes to whatever other language, then back to English and they end up with Blood Wizard…

Imagine if this happened here… like you read in the patchnotes “The Mage of Death” when referring to a Necromancer… Jesus…

I used to complain, that Blizzard failed to deliver PvP Arenas… but daaamn…
They effectively removed ladder from freaking WC3 e-sport type of game, profiles and whatnot…

So yeah, in D3 we have it better than the poor souls, who care about WC3…

1 Like

As a filthy casual myself, I just enjoy playing the game. It’s nothing more than a time consumer blasting mobs over and over and over again to me. I LOVE IT! Granted a few things could be better here and there, but it’s as good as it will get.

When I need a break, there are other games like Grim Dawn. Back and forth. Rinse and repeat. Blast mobs. Have fun!

Edit: Cheaters? Botters? I could care less. For those that are truly competitive, I guess you have your work cut out for you. If you are good enough, you can show everyone that you don’t need to cheat or bot.