Chat and Join is broken?

I can’t chat to people and why does it take 10 minutes to be able to group properly? We all have to leave game and start over to get another person in to group. Also I just left a game with friends and was in menu then could not resume game, I had to leave party and get re invited. Which I could not do because you can’t whisper to anyone. So I had to message them on discord to say hey re invite me.

I’ve been having the same issues here.

• Friend cannot join or invite people to private game because character “isn’t seasonal” (even though when they are)
  • I cannot join or invite people to private game because my character "isn’t seasonal (even though it is)
  • recently I cannot chat with certain friends (via whisper) unless I leave game and use Battlenet App

I have submitted an issue for this and they recommended to submit a bug report. here is the ticket#: 69866556.

1 Like

Hey Knairdarm and tommyk.

These are issues of which Blizzard is aware and are currently working on fixes for.

The problem of not being able to send or receive messages - are you getting an error code 3 when this occurs? Some other folks have been reporting this error code when messaging, for which a fix was pushed out yesterday. You can see game producer Matthew Cederquist addressing it here.

As for the party joining and seasonal/non-seasonal bugs, they’ve been working on a fix for a number of days now - Matthew addressed it here, and here. An attempted fix for the seasonal/non-seasonal bug was pushed out 8 days ago but unfortunately seems not to have rectified the problem, and as of right now, Blizzard is continuing to work on fixing it.

Sorry I don’t have more concrete or useful information for the two of you. @Knairdarm touched on this, but some people have found that having everyone in your party leave the game and switch to a non-seasonal character and then back to a seasonal one is a temporary workaround to the ‘non-seasonal’ bug - this might work for you, @tommyk.

I’d also recommend continuing to follow the blue post tracker to keep an eye on updates from devs about these bugs. Matthew in particular has been really on the ball with keeping the community updated recently.