Charsi NPC Model

So far I love the updated NPC models for this remaster, however, Charsi’s model is not right. The new look does not fit the voice actor one bit. She needs more golden brown hair, and a younger face. We don’t need her to be pretty by any means. However, I think I can speak for a lot of people when I say the model needs to fit the voice, and as of right now it does not. Please take this as constructive criticism, and part of staying true to the original. What say you, people of the community?

14 Likes

Joined and immediately posted this? This is happening a lot lately.

3 Likes

Lets put this on the list, we can’t have Charsi looking abnormal. Heaven forbid anyone would want to play D2 if she stays like this.

Lets hope Asheara looks good at least.

2 Likes

I had something similar to say about the assassin in another thread and when I saw charsi in the alpha streams I thought about the exact same thing, it seems they either took inspiration from the 3d models the sprites were based on(we only saw them as 2d pixelated sprites and couldn’t really make much of a face out of that), or they wanted the new models to fit the atmosphere

I would like models to fit their voice acting and also stay true to what we remember as well

4 Likes

Seriously waiting for the one reply or one thread from someone that can draw… and just post their drawings of all of the female NPCs in anime style girl-in-fantasy-isekai where cute young voices match cute young bodies etc.

For the uninitiated, “isekai” is Japanese for “different world” and is a very much abused genre for anime of the last 7 years.

1 Like

you went a bit too far and even if we were wrong, it is still considered “Fantasy”

1 Like

No. I’m pretty sure I’m hitting the nail on the head. It’s the internet, these things happen; lest we invoke rule 34.

Charsi looks fine.

Yea wondering if someone here in the forum likes to create new accounts just to rant about the looks of the characters ^^

most of us are old enough to have families though, its a 20 year old game

Another old, ugly and manlike female NPC? What a surprise. Just wait for ACT 3…

4 Likes

ey Hratli is a male! XD

2 Likes

Imagine being bothered about how an NPC looks. Can’t relate. I just want the game to feel good to play. Let’s discuss gameplay mechanics that actually matter. The team has already said the art would be 70/30.

Insert “why can’t women be beautiful anymore thread”

2 Likes

Sure, why should people bother about a remaster which is 95% about new graphics and 5% about some basic QoL? So hard to figure out!

What gameplay mechanics? It is the same game. They aren’t changing any gameplay mechanics. It is a visual remaster. Same as they did with StarCraft. Go check VV interview!

It doesn’t mean they can do a bad job with these 30% and get away with it. If your visuals are bad people will compain about it. Especially when your whole product is mostly about new visuals.

4 Likes

The visuals aren’t bad. Some of them are just different and people are butthurt about it. Me and my brother have played the game for 15+ years and Charsi and the Zon don’t really bother us. I care more about how the game feels compared to the old game and what they’re going to do in terms of improvements, but feel free to keep complaining about how an NPC looks.

2 Likes

If the new visuals aren’t bad, then why so many people complain it?

4 Likes

Because they want to be attracted to the characters apparently.

1 Like

Then VV should make characters that way and problem solved.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl: I think they might have other more important priorities than making in game models attractive. Carry on though.

1 Like

What other priorities? They are working on visuals mostly. What else there is to do? It is a visual remaster.

4 Likes

Charsi model looks epic. Wish I could play as her for my barb.

1 Like