Chars under 70 can select Torment setting

When starting or modifying a character’s game settings, one can select any level of Torment. i thought a character under 70 cannot select a Torment level. Interestingly, when a character under 70 with a Torment level selected encounters a Gem Goblin, the goblin drops both gems of the character’s level and gems of Marquise and Imperial levels. The character can encounter the KeyWardens, but when they die, the KeyWarden doesn’t drop an infernal machine. (I did this on a new toon at Torment level 3.)
Leveling at Torment level 3 is crazy but doable if one has around 300 Paragon points and good stuff in Kanai’s Cube. I think I got to level 42 on a new character before completing the 5 Bounties and going back for my goodie bag. The game is too easy doing this. Two rounds of Bounty hunting and one reaches 70, which is a good thing, I guess, if you just want to get back to 70. (I have not tried this in Hardcore.)

Not a bug. Where does it state that players under level 70 can’t access Torment difficulty?

1 Like

Difficulties up to T6 are open regardless of charcter level. T7 and up require level 70 character although there’s an exploit to circumvent even that.

1 Like

You are probably want to have it this easy because you use Hellfire Juwelery,leg gems and a big ruby in your weapon.

If you had put a gem of ease in your weapon you would be 40 in just 5 mins on T6,so thats for that.

1 Like

Not a bug.

From the Diablo 3 Game Guide - Difficulty Levels

When you start up a game of Diablo III, you’ll be able to select the difficulty level you’d like to play on. By default, Normal, Hard, and Expert are available. You’ll unlock Master difficulty when any of your characters completes the game, and Torment difficulty when any of your characters reaches level 60.

So, if any of your heroes have ever reached level 60 (or higher) all new heroes can start at any difficulty from Normal to Torment 6.

1 Like

The drop rate of machine is below 100% at difficulty less than T4. At T4, the rate is 100%. T5+ has chance of getting second and even third machines.
(May be that’s why the seasonal journey asks you to kill keywardens at T4+.)
(Though I don’t know you need to be char level 70 or not.)

Not a bug.

1 Like

To add to what others have said: Marquis Gems begin dropping at Character Level 61, regardless of Game Difficulty. You’ll start seeing Imperial Gems drop on Torment I (T1) and higher.

You already have one Seasonal Witch Doctor Level 70 (342) and one Seasonal Witch Doctor Level 45 (342).

The drop rate of Infernal Machines is dependent on Game Difficulty. See this chart for detailed information: D3 Resource - Difficulty Overview.

Nothing you have reported in the OP is a game bug.

2 Likes

Maybe I just assumed that was the case. Well, never mind. lol