Character models for D2R need improvement

I think all of the characters should be younger unlike the retirees group that they are right now, lol! Sorc is like a mother of an unworldly number of children, Dru looks like he is on too much “herbal” therapy, Assa face is all puffy due to staying up all night playing AC, Amaz looks like she ran out of money after a sex-change so no-go on facelift op., Lol!

5 Likes

Exactly… According to the lore and Sanctuary world timeline, the sorceress is 18 years old at the beginning of her adventure in D2.

4 Likes

I have to agree. Some of the character models don’t make a ton of sense to me. It feels a little off diablo “brand”. The Diablo realm is supposed to be a little dark and edgy you would expect the characters and their wardrobes to match that.

Blizz certainly didnt have a problem with the sorc wardrobe in Diablo 3 not sure why the females are so heavily censored in D2.

The only things that’s aged worse than the player base are the new D2 female models… Time was certainly not kind.

5 Likes

Yea most of the character models suck imo. It is one of the main reasons I am not buying the game.

7 Likes

Changing characters art concepts is the reason why I refunded my preorder!

3 Likes

i actually grew to like the barbarian model. the whole argument of the character models sorta loses their potency when even the basic armor and helmet can obscure most of it immediately, let alone the advanced stuff.

Unless you play the zon or other that BIS is a circlet. So you get to stare at that Fugly mugg all day. It is Blizzards game. They can do what they want with it. I just think they are ugly and old and not true to original. The game itself looks great and other than a couple minor fixes like exits to dungeons on mini map need to be more pronounced. If it wasn’t for character models I would say 9/10 but cause of that for me it’s a 7/10

3 Likes

“We want the characters to look more like warriors fighting demons, not people coming out of a club”

Who do you think you are to change the artistic vibe of our game. How dare you.

2 Likes

While I agree with you they shouldn’t have drastically changed how the characters looked, you have to remember, it is their game, not ours. They remind you of this when you preorder. You shouldn’t preorder something from a company who you cant trust their words, so it is pretty much on those people who preordered and are outraged.

They are being sued for their past frat boy practices. Because a large chunk of their employees were engaging in the bad behavior, they pretty much were pushed into overreacting and PC’ing the hell out of all their games. Again, this is on anyone who preordered the game. Know who you are preordering product from before you commit your money.

If you are that outraged by this, show them with your wallet and ask for a refund, and tell them why.

Do you really think that the developers at VV are reading the D3 forum. Take your tantrum to the correct forum.

Dude the amazon looks like a guy and I cannot see the boobs on my sorceress. The paladin is not bald which is wrong in so many ways, the barbarian looks like a 50 year old…the list goes no really. Thick thighs save lives.

1 Like

My meter may need recalibrating, but I detected sarcasm.

1 Like

They do not care. They messed it up on purpose for some sort of woke agenda.

edit: I tried the correct forum and got a 4 day suspension when being very vocal about it.

2 Likes

Your problem, not ours. Move along.

No. I will not be silent until they fix the game.

You already got a response that clearly show how much value they put on your opinion. Continuing to behave like a toddler having a tantrum is not likely to change their stance.

3 Likes

Haven’t bought D2R yet, 1st there’s too many technical issues, but even when it will be fixed I don’t think I’ll buy a game to play Willem Dafoe impersonating the Amazon.

Even though the D2 Amazon has been done with tech from the 90’s, a running Amazon was actually looking like a Javelin competitor, not a granny constipated.

I’m not saying D2R is a bad game, I can’t have an opinion on that matter because I haven’t played it, everything looks awesome beside half the character models.
I’m fine about the fact that the character should look hard, the 14th century (when plated body armor appeared) wasn’t pretty for anyone, I would like to remind that girls & women were not on steroids too, because when I see facial bones structure like what the Amazon got, generally speaking it’s due to steroids use.

2 Likes

Thinking the way you’re going on this forum you’re gonna end up silenced anyway like you were before.