Chantodo Wand: which is better

#1. Ancient
Elemental Damage (so so Damage Range)
10% Damage (rolled from Mystic)
INT
CDR 10%
Is CDR a must or not? With this weapon, I have >60% CDR; Yet I see myself waiting for 20 stacks instead of waiting for Archon cooldown.

#2. Primal
Elemental Damage
INT
VIT
IAS

Have you rolled the primal? If not, then roll vit to % damage and call it done. That will be the better option, hands down. If you’ve already rolled it (attack speed?), then it won’t be as clear cut. Vit can be nice early on to help keep you alive, but there are too many other good wand rolls. You ideally want some combination of int, attack speed, % damage, and CDR.

Not necessarily. Depends on what the rest of your gear looks like. Generally I like to run with 4 CDR rolls. That’s shoulders, gloves, source, and then either 1 ring or wand. If you have CDR on a ring you shouldn’t really need it on your wand. If you don’t have CDR on either ring, you might find you want it on your wand. You kind of have to make that call based on what you have available for rings and wands. If you have killer ancient damage range + CHC + CHD rolls for both rings, you might wand CDR on your wand. If you have a killer % damage + attack speed wand without CDR but have a nice CDR ring, then I’d run that way instead.

Note: that applies more for pushing and higher tier farming. For low tier farming, I tend to run a bit of extra CDR and just not bother stacking to 20.

2 Likes

Roll the vit on the primal to 10% dmg and don’t worry about the CDR ancient wand…even around 52% total sheet CDR I find that I’m usually waiting for stacks in higher GR than the cooldown of Archon