Change SS/Magistrate to this if you really want the Typhon set to be viable vs LoD

The Magistrate: All hydra damage is increased by 450%
Hydra damage is increased by 125-150% per active hydra head

Serpent Sparker: All hydra damage is increased by 450%
Hydra damage is increased by 125-150% per active hydra head

This not only gives more power to the set without further buffing it but it nerfs LoD version and Mammoth (the best hydra fyi) a bit more while simultaneously not punishing the other hydra runes for LoD that didn’t need nerfing to begin with.

You’re welcome.

EDIT: To fully clarify that means:
LoD Mammoth: 300% per down from 450% per (total mod 16x instead of 30.25x)
LoD All other hydras: 450% per (total mod 30.25x same)
Typhon Mammoth: 300% per down from 450% per (total mod 16x instead of 30.25x)
Typhon All other hydras: 750% per up from 450% per (total mod 72.25x instead of 30.25x)

3 Likes

I would add to the deathwish and etched sigil to only buff meteor damage and/or later, buffing twister damage for a lon build.

Way too big of a nerf to LoN hydra, I don’t want cripple the build, I just want Typhon to be viable.

The numbers work out to it being another 33% nerf to Mammoth, same value to other hydra runes and a 3.75x buff to other hydra runes for the set which it desperately needs.

I don’t think people realize how far behind the set is to LoD, it’s like 10+ GRs.

EDIT: Incorrect values, updated.

I just want a solution to move away from channeling. Should not have the same gameplay as another set and LoN version. It’s like the new Barbarian set. So similar to HoTa

2 Likes

Sure they’re working on it they said, but for now it’s the only viable mods we got

Yeah, hope in the future, that they will update more things. And I like your idea.

1 Like

That’s a reasonable legendary power. It may be a little trickier to code.

What GR is LoN Mammoth on? It should be around ~140ish. Any lower and it doesn’t need to be nerfed; just Typhoon’s Veil needs to be buffed.

2 Likes

Why buff the set and damage the much-harder-to-assemble and more flexible LoD variant?

1 Like

Totally unacceptable nerf to LOD hydra. Do you even look at the LB to see LOD hydra can’t compete against Crus/Barb in GR power level ? If you want to buff TV, then buff it’s set damage, not nerfing LOD hydra build so that both hydra version can only do mid 120-130 compared to Crus/Barb 145ish GR.

Nerfing our best build to make it more in line with the set version is a horrendous idea.
If Lod have closed a 145 maybe but that’s not the case. The problem is that the set idea is bad and doesn’t bring a new playstyle, it’s the same as LoD: shields + channeling. In fact, the multi-head mechanic plays against the set because less heads is less dmg and less dr without given a different playstyle.
Summarizing, an bad idea for an already bad set that the only thing it gets is to make de LoD version as bad as the set is.
We are not gonna get a rework on the set so at least let’s not lose the LoD version.

True :cry:

What I dont understand is the point to say…ok we know the new mage set is boring to play but the problem is DW/ES (that is true)…so we let you play a boring set and changes things for it in season 22…so in the end of 2020…
WTF!?

I believe its better to cancel the set for season 20 and announce it at season 21!
The current way is…low level management!

This is so true, I prefer no set for S20 and a rework for the class with a new set on S21. Right now we have LoD hydras and this is changing only 2 legendaries!!! Changing 7-8 legs would had reworked how the class is played without adding a crappy set.
I’ve posted some of my ideas some days ago but here are (numbers can vary ofc) the changes to existing legs:
Serpent’s Sparker
You may have one extra Hydra active at a time and they deal 350-400% increased damage.
The Magistrate
Frost Hydra Your Hydras now periodically casts your runed [Frost Nova|WoF|?] and deal 350-400% increased damage.
Etched Sigil
While channeling Arcane Torrent, Disintegrate, and Ray of Frost damage is increased by 400-500% and Mirror Images copy your attacks doing the same damage.
Deathwish
While channeling Arcane Torrent, Disintegrate, or Ray of Frost, their damage is increased by 250-325%.
Aether Walker
Teleport has no cooldown, but it now costs 25 Arcane Power. Suppresses Reversal rune. All dmg outside Archon is increased by 200% for 5 seconds after using Teleport.
Mirror Ball
Each enemy damaged by Magic Missile receive 125-150% increased dmg by Hydras for 10 seconds. Magic Missile fires 2 extra missiles and pierce.
Valthek’s Rebuke
Energy Twister travels in straight path, 80 yards forward and deals 400% increased dmg. Has no effect with the Wicked Wind rune.
The Smoldering Core
Meteor gains the Thundercrush rune and deals 400% increased dmg.
Wand of Woh
increases damage by 600-800% and each cast releases not one, but four Explosive Blasts, with 0.5 seconds interval (twelve with Chain Reaction rune, one every 0.15 seconds). Cooldown is removed.

Yep I sure do, I don’t know what you’re seeing but I’m seeing 7 130+ seasonal LoD hydra clears maxing at 132 currently with Crus/Barb at 130 top with like 1-2.

So wizard is in the lead… this isn’t even including it’s group potential which is still higher than most are giving credit for, they’re just on the WD/Necro parade.

Anyway and the set is no where to be found on that same board, I’m good with LoD taking another minor hit so that the set gets a major buff. LoD will still be superior to the set in group settings with supports, people don’t even know yet!

1. Blizz does not balance the game around seasonal LBs. Check NS LBs and repeat that LoD wiz is OP…

2. I don’t know why you are obsesed with the set being superior to its LoD version. The set is bad and doesn’t contribute with anything different to its LoD version.

2 Likes

Fine, 142 9k paragon 138 7k paragon. Pretty high for a new build but much more balanced than WD that’s without question.

It’s the point of hyping people on a new set, working hard to develop a new set only to have the LoD version be better, I don’t see why people are okay with this to be honest. I said I was okay with it’s power just so we can compete to replace bazooka (which it cannot unless it’s seasonal) but it shouldn’t be just plain better all the time

Lightning Hydra can be great for speeds, Frost is really powerful for everything else, so in that sense it’s different. It offers more DR (when it actually works correctly) and little different playstyle than Mammoth.

142 at 9k paragon is not OP, saders, barbs and monks are higher or at least are on this lvl.
The set is based on a bad idea, it should bring us a new playstyle and the only difference with LoD is the rune choice: Cast 2 hydras and channel.

1 Like