Change season start to 13th nov

We waited long enough, busted boring season 21.
We held out for “big changes and reworking buffs/nerfs”
to get 8 item changes and no real fixes.
A season of 120+ days that people quit 2 weeks into since you don’t even need a damage build to do solo 150s loooooool
I’m waiting for blizzard to “Work as intended” for years and hurry up.
The main reason for the 13th is because of the launch of so many other games, it only makes sense from a business point aswell as a player point to spread the games enough to be able to play your own games, otherwise you’re flooding your own gaming market between Actiblizzion.
Surely you want people to want to play multiple games so space them apart so we can enjoy things instead of making a pick between your own games and killing the playerbase

12 Likes

Pretty sure you will need a damage build. Just like every other season except this one. I haven’t played any PTR but from what I heard the clones do insignificant damage at higher levels.

4 Likes

but you just said that people play this game for 2 weeks and ‘thats that’ lol. So - you can’t have your cake and eat it to…

2 Likes

Release 20th. Playerbase disappears for Shadowlands 23rd.
I’ll have 3 days to get guardian. GG ez

4 Likes

You don’t seem to like the game anyway. So, what’s your hurry?

1 Like

After GR 95 the clones don’t do much, and it progressively gets less substantial the higher you go. As the clones stand right now, you need DPS to clear trash and RG for any coordinated gameplay.

2 Likes

If you are bored between seasons, play a hardcore. It resets everything. You even get a new 70 primal. Just wait to get a challenge rift pack to start.

Godfall is supposed to come out on Nov 13th. It’s an arpg

Change? Did they already officially announced the S22 start date? I dont think theres an official date yet so change what? It could be the 13th or the 20th right?

In any case I would also like to see S22 start on the 13th. For me no matter what the season is it starts to get boring within 2-3 months. Dislike how they plan on extending seasons length time to more than 3 months now.

2 Likes

It won’t be the 13th. It could be the 20th.

We know the end date for Season 21 is Sunday, November 8th. We know that non-emergency patches to live are done on Tuesdays. That means the earliest Patch 2.6.10 can be applied to live is Tuesday, November 10th. Now we bring in this information…

…which they’ve stuck to since Nev made the announcement. That means the new season wouldn’t go live until after Tuesday, November 17th (which is a day they could apply a patch if something’s gone wrong on live with 2.6.10). Seasons always start on a Friday, which means the first Friday that’s more than a week after the first Tuesday they could patch to live is Friday, November 20th.

6 Likes

Yeah it looks like its likely on the 20th. I’m just hoping by a miracle it starts early for any random or odd reason lol. Excited for S22 to start.

All indications are it could still be the 13th, but the 20th is looking more likely now. The two-week notice date passed and no blog. However, there have been seasons where only one week was needed between seasons. I don’t think that will be the case this upcoming season, thanks to the issues that plagued the PTR.

Knowing this, I think and hope that the 2.6.10 patch occurs next Tuesday. If there are issues before season start, then a second, smaller, patch will land the following Tuesday. If the issues were indeed caused by the season 22 theme, a third patch that fixes those issues will be instituted on the 23rd or 24th.

That rare Monday patch will only happen if there are a massive amount of bug reports between season launch and Monday. A word here: Even though Shadowlands drops on the 23rd, that is handled by a different set of teams dedicated to the launch. Bottom line, the 23rd (and 24th) looks to be a very busy two days for both franchises as they get ready for a socially-distanced Thanksgiving break.

I mean lets be honest. Nobody going to be playing S22 in D3. Godfall comes outs the 12th… looter-slasher-arpg. People are going to go for the new content versus the same stale content.

I intended to play the diablo s22, but apparently it will not be released this year.

Godfall looks nothing like a dabilo style game

1 Like

Id personally prefer it to be the 13th, as that would work personally as every weekend after that im out of town. But I get it aint here just for me. Saying that I’ve not seen a PTR as long as this last one. I half expected the season to end over a week ago. If the 20th guess i’ll just not bother and wait for shadowlands as Ill be way too far behind all the 4 stack necros haha.

1 Like

There are no indications of that, at all, and the Blizzard post I quoted shows quite clearly that it’s likely to be November 20th at the earliest.

That’s a post from a year ago?

Every season since that post was made has obeyed the criteria set out in it…
https://d3resource.com/seasons/index.php

Season 18 End = 10th November 2019
Season 19 Start = 22nd November 2019 (12 days)

Season 19 End = 1st March 2020
Season 20 Start = 13th March 2020 (12 days)

Season 20 End = 21st June 2020
Season 21 Start = 3rd July 2020 (12 days)

Season 21 End = 8th November 2020
Season 22 Start = ???

1 Like

all things are pointing out to the 20th. Could happen a miracle and launch the 13th. Hope so

1 Like